5,599,135 Members 34,074 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DEV REQUEST] Ubuntu Touch port to N7100?

Tip us?
 
wgspoelstra
Old
#1  
wgspoelstra's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 101
Posts: 281
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Amsterdam

 
DONATE TO ME
Default [DEV REQUEST] Ubuntu Touch port to N7100?

Hi everyone,

As you probably have heard, the Ubuntu Touch (alpha) image has been released for the Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, 7 and 10.
I would like to request porting it to our N7100 devices!

If I could I would do it myself but I have never ported anything.. However, if I can help in any way I will gladly do what I can!

For reference:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Porting
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (N7100)
ASUS Google Nexus 7 [2013]
Asus Transformer Pad (TF300T)
 
jeky82
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 27
Join Date: May 2012
Since Galaxy S3 was one of the best-selling smartphone, I hope will be a port for it and consequentially for note 2 that has the same hardware platform
 
nyvang101
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 118
Join Date: Jul 2011
its not the place to Request a port.
 
Anthropostar
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 72
Posts: 260
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgspoelstra View Post
Hi everyone,

As you probably have heard, the Ubuntu Touch (alpha) image has been released for the Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, 7 and 10.
I would like to request porting it to our N7100 devices!

If I could I would do it myself but I have never ported anything.. However, if I can help in any way I will gladly do what I can!

For reference:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Porting
big boooi no need to request, the porting instructions just came online and seem as "easy" as building CM from source.
its only natural that ports will be available on most devices.
 
m666p
Old
#5  
m666p's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 39
Posts: 133
Join Date: Aug 2012
Default Re: [DEV REQUEST] Ubuntu Touch port to N7100?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthropostar View Post
big boooi no need to request, the porting instructions just came online and seem as "easy" as building CM from source.
its only natural that ports will be available on most devices.
Yay!!!

Device = Note 2
Rom = Omega 12
(Apex@onyx black,Wallpaper@galaxy pack)
Kernel = Perseus 32
(Cpu 1.4@1012500mV,Gpu 640@975mV)
Audio = AC!D + Noozxoide
 
DubelBoom
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 300
Posts: 1,688
Join Date: Jan 2011
There is no point of porting it currently, as most things don't work very well..
This is for devs, to test their apps. Not for users.. (yet )
Google Nexus 5 - Black - 32GB
 
wgspoelstra
Old
#7  
wgspoelstra's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 101
Posts: 281
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Amsterdam

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubelBoom View Post
There is no point of porting it currently, as most things don't work very well..
This is for devs, to test their apps. Not for users.. (yet )
I am aware of this.. But porting also has it's own malfunctions and problems. By porting an alpha release some of these problems can be solved before the stable release, was my thought
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (N7100)
ASUS Google Nexus 7 [2013]
Asus Transformer Pad (TF300T)
The Following User Says Thank You to wgspoelstra For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Thyhack
Old
#8  
Thyhack's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 57
Join Date: May 2012
Location: North Pole, AK

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [DEV REQUEST] Ubuntu Touch port to N7100?

I am building a Ubuntu ROM now, as it was said before, don't expect much the ROM, as it is still being developed. But I am pretty sure you guys like me, just want a taste of it.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Thyhack For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
UtkarshGupta
Old
#9  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2846
Posts: 3,956
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: New Delhi
Default Re: [DEV REQUEST] Ubuntu Touch port to N7100?

@thyhack I would really like to help you in any way I can

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to UtkarshGupta For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Thyhack
Old
#10  
Thyhack's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 57
Join Date: May 2012
Location: North Pole, AK

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [DEV REQUEST] Ubuntu Touch port to N7100?

Great I would appreciate it, send me your contact info and we can get the ball rolling this week.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes