Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,757 Members 36,651 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to print a mail via gmail app ?

Tip us?

eleger91
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Question How to print a mail via gmail app ?

Hello,
I don't find how to print directly a mail (simply via wifi, not via printing a pdf of the mail and print the pdf, for example) via gmail app or the classic email app.
I've installed the Epson iPrint version 2 for android (I've got an Epson PX730FW) but It's not a solution...
Tks for your help.

EyeBeeNY
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by eleger91 View Post
Hello,
I don't find how to print directly a mail (simply via wifi, not via printing a pdf of the mail and print the pdf, for example) via gmail app or the classic email app.
I've installed the Epson iPrint version 2 for android (I've got an Epson PX730FW) but It's not a solution...
Tks for your help.
You can download cloud print from the Google play store and use that to print from anywhere... only catch is that you have to have chrome on the computer you will be using to print to and the computer and printer must both be on...

Other than that, works great!

pbrauer
Old
Thanks Meter 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by eleger91 View Post
Hello,
Tks for your help.
In Maine Terms....you can't get there from here....but it can be done.

Try out an app called PrinterShare from the Market. I believe it includes the necessary drivers for your printer. Once you have that installed on your tablet, open it and connect directly to the printer via WiFi.

After that is done, you send things you want to print to the printer via the Share function, it shows up as an option called PrinterShare. You should be able to try it out first before you buy the key, if it works for you.

The Google Cloud print option also works, but requires a PC connected to the Printer on the network, and the PC needs to be on. PrinterShare should let you go direct, and also supports printing from web browser or any other app that you can share from.

Hope this helps.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
VZW Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-i545), Rooted, Stock 4.2.x | ASUS Transformer Infinity CROMi-X ROM(Unlocked/Rooted) | Pebble, Stock

phree1
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeBeeNY View Post
You can download cloud print from the Google play store and use that to print from anywhere... only catch is that you have to have chrome on the computer you will be using to print to and the computer and printer must both be on...

You can accomplish this with a printer that support CloudPrint. The device is registered with your Google ID and the cloud print app will allow you to print to that printer without needing Chrome on your PC.

I have a Kodak Hero 9.1 that does this flawlessly.

cwoodard73
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I use PrinterShare too with Google Cloud Print! Works very well.

Midnitte
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeBeeNY View Post

or a wifi (cloud print) printer

edit, as phree1 said
sent from LG optimus s (republic wireless) on tapatalk

mbegel
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I use Let's Print Droid (free from Play Store) for CUPS-connected printers at work and PrinterShare ($) for my home wifi printer. Let's Play Droid also has options for LPR, Google Cloud Printing, SMB, and FTP but I haven't tried these modes.

gyrene2083
Old
Thanks Meter 512

DONATE TO ME
Question I bought PrinterShare.....

I bought PrinterShare, and it prints fine to my HP printer, however, it will not print to my Dell Laserjet. It seems that it has something to do with dell and releasing drivers or something like that. So, do you guys think google clould print would work for me?
-Semper Fi
gyrene2083

amaddux
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Am I missing something...the original post asked about printing from the gmail app. There is no share button in the gmail app unless I'm missing it, so I don't think it can be done from the app.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to amaddux For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alexnoalex
Old
Thanks Meter 25
PrinterShare has an option to print gmail.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda premium