Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,301 Members 50,270 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unable to access menu in Google Play

Tip us?

Braves1995
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default [Q] Unable to access menu in Google Play

Out of nowhere my three dots in Google Play have disappeared and I'm unable to pull up the menu/settings. All I have in the top corner is the search funtion. How do I retrieve this? I use LMT instead of the stock bars for navigation. I even tried freezing 'Soft Key Bar' in apps. Rebooted, and no change. Any help would be kindly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-02-22-14-02-10.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	1752559  

lacoursiere18
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 3980

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braves1995 View Post
Out of nowhere my three dots in Google Play have disappeared and I'm unable to pull up the menu/settings. All I have in the top corner is the search funtion. How do I retrieve this? I use LMT instead of the stock bars for navigation. I even tried freezing 'Soft Key Bar' in apps. Rebooted, and no change. Any help would be kindly appreciated.
It depends on how you set up LMT. Did you assign a menu option to your pie? The three dots on the pie was mine and I used that to access menu options inside of apps

Braves1995
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Thanks for the quick response. I've setup my pie with the home, back, menu (which I thought would access all menus within all apps) and OpenNotificationBar. Is there another menu command within LMT that I'm missing?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_2013-02-22-15-40-52.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	1752711  

Krsmqn
Old
(Last edited by Krsmqn; 23rd February 2013 at 07:24 AM.)
Thanks Meter 191
Default Re: [Q] Unable to access menu in Google Play

Lower your dpi in the build.prop

Open build.prop file and edit this line only.

ro.sf.lcd_density=240 <--------Set this value to 180. Back out of build.prop, save when asked. Reboot. Check.
Do you own a ZTE Source? If so, visit the ZTE Source thread!

Is your Kindle bricked? Visit the Kindle Fire First Aide thread. Get a SkOrPn Factory Cable.

Braves1995
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krsmqn View Post
Lower your dpi in the build.prop

Open build.prop file and edit this line only.

ro.sf.lcd_density=240 <--------Set this value to 180. Back out of build.prop, save when asked. Reboot. Check.
I'm a little hesitant about editing the build.prop. Is there another way? What about re-installing the Play Store?

Krsmqn
Old
(Last edited by Krsmqn; 23rd February 2013 at 09:55 AM.)
Thanks Meter 191

If you are hesitant about it that's ok. I don't know any other way. But the edit is harmless, I promise. You just have to be careful that you don't accidentally edit anything else.

You will notice that the lock screen is different.... but that's OK. You can download 2 apps to have a custom lock screen like widget locker or magic locker. I'll post links if you so desire.

If you want to skip my advice all together... well that's your prerogative. But you may be waiting a while for another fix.

Is your Kindle bricked? Visit the Kindle Fire First Aide thread. Get a SkOrPn Factory Cable.

Krsmqn
Old
(Last edited by Krsmqn; 23rd February 2013 at 10:15 AM.)
Thanks Meter 191

Here's 2 pictures showing the difference. The top is with dpi of 240. The bottom is dpi 180. With mainkeys =1
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361613390924.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	1753752   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361613405117.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	1753753  

Krsmqn
Old
(Last edited by Krsmqn; 23rd February 2013 at 10:13 AM.)
Thanks Meter 191

****UPDATE****

This is with
A) softbar.apk removed from /system/app,
B) qemu.hw.mainkeys=0
C) dpi set at 180.

Perfect.

I should mention that I have go keyboard installed and xSettings installed with stock locker option disabled. With widget locker installed. And LMT soft keys installed.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361614106127.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	1753762  

evildread
Old
Thanks Meter 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krsmqn View Post
If you are hesitant about it that's ok. I don't know any other way. But the edit is harmless, I promise. You just have to be careful that you don't accidentally edit anything else.

You will notice that the lock screen is different.... but that's OK. You can download 2 apps to have a custom lock screen like widget locker or magic locker. I'll post links if you so desire.

If you want to skip my advice all together... well that's your prerogative. But you may be waiting a while for another fix.
I tried both, widget locker and magic locker, neither seemed to work for me after changing my DPI. Any suggestions?

Sent from my KF-HD7

Braves1995
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Oddly enough, I have an app called Fullscreen Toggle that I installed to take away the soft key bar, which has been working just fine. In this app, I decided to try re-enabling the stock soft keys to see if it would bring back the menu button in Google Play (not sure why I thought it would, just effing around with it). Well, when I re-enabled the soft key bar in Fullscreen Toggle it didn't bring the soft keys back up, but I DID get my menu button in Google Play back along with other menu buttons in other apps! Weirdness..