OP Kilburn

23rd February 2013, 07:02 PM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by a box of kittens

Your steps to freedom...
Download viper xl 3.2.3 to your computer (for now then you can switch roms)
Connect your phone via usb to your comp Go into twrp mount your storage and drag the Rom over to the phone where you'll be able to find it on your sd
Now go into the wipe menu in twrp select wipe system and factory reset..
Nowclicj on install in twrp find viper where you put in on your sd and click on and flash it
You now have a custom Rom/root/ fixed phone

Okay, I'm currently downloading the Rom you suggested, going to take a while. Pretty big. Also, when I mount the System, data, and cache, I get a message from windows asking me to format the J: drive. Should I continue?

Another question, after I flash this Rom, would I be able to reset everything back to the way it was? No Root, relock the bootloader, and reset the the main factory rom?
23rd February 2013, 07:10 PM   |  #12  
Flag san fran california
Thanks Meter: 448

1,146 posts
More
Whyd you mount system and data? ...so when you click mount menu you see mount system that should be uncecked mount data unchecked two others.. than you see u button halfway through the page that says mount usb storage...
23rd February 2013, 07:14 PM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member

21 posts
Quote:

Whyd you mount system and data? ...so when you click mount menu you see mount system that should be uncecked mount data unchecked two others.. than you see u button halfway through the page that says mount usb storage...

I only have four options to mount, System, Data, Cache, and SD card which wont check when I tap on it.
23rd February 2013, 07:21 PM   |  #14  
Flag san fran california

1,146 posts
More
Ah I see I'm on twrp 2.3 and 2.4's mount is set up differently

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

Well put u on twrp 3.1

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

Do you have adb and fastboot set up
23rd February 2013, 07:31 PM   |  #15  
OP Junior Member

21 posts
Quote:

Ah I see I'm on twrp 2.3 and 2.4's mount is set up differently

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

Well put u on twrp 3.1

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

Do you have adb and fastboot set up

I have a folder on my desktop that has three files, adb.exe, fastboot.exe, and AdbWinApi.dll.

EDIT

Followed this, seems to work.
dottech.org/21534/how-to-install-adb-and-fastboot-on-your-windows-computer-for-use-with-your-android-phone/
Last edited by Kilburn; 23rd February 2013 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Adding Info
23rd February 2013, 07:48 PM   |  #16  
Flag san fran california

1,146 posts
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...5&d=1344782533
Download that
23rd February 2013, 07:50 PM   |  #17  
OP Junior Member

21 posts
Kk, downloaded.
23rd February 2013, 07:57 PM   |  #18  
Flag san fran california

1,146 posts
More
Flashing recovery through fastboot...
download the file in the link which above which will include adb and fastboot....put that on your computer somewhere you can find it.. now take the recovery.img(I'll link you in a sec) and place it in that folder... Boot your phone into bootloader scroll down and select fastboot and now open a command prompt with in the fastbootbadb folder on your comp and type to command without the quotes "fastboot flash recovery whateveryouwishtonameit.img"

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

http://techerrata.com/file/twrp2/evi....1.0-evita.img
23rd February 2013, 07:58 PM   |  #19  
OP Junior Member

21 posts
Quote:

Flashing recovery through fastboot...
download the file in the link which above which will include adb and fastboot....put that on your computer somewhere you can find it.. now take the recovery.img(I'll link you in a sec) and place it in that folder... Boot your phone into bootloader scroll down and select fastboot and now open a command prompt with in the fastbootbadb folder on your comp and type to command without the quotes "fastboot flash recovery whateveryouwishtonameit.img"

Will the flash recovery still work, even though my S-ON? TWRP Says it needs to be Off?
23rd February 2013, 07:59 PM   |  #20  
Flag san fran california

1,146 posts
More
You do not need to be soff just follow the directions

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread