5,596,066 Members 34,092 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Darthstalker ROM -- All things not development related--

Tip us?

tmjohnsonfse
Old
(Last edited by tmjohnsonfse; 23rd February 2013 at 02:31 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 147
Default Darthstalker ROM -- All things not development related--

I figured I would start this thread so that we can move all the non-development talk out of the development section. I hope people will use it so that when something that pertains to development is talked about it will be easier to find. We can discuss what kernels gives best battery life, which ones work and which one break things. We can post about our favorite apps, widgets, wallpapers, or how the weather is outside. Maybe someone will get help on an issue they are having. We can discuss anything within the guidelines of XDA, lets just try to help keep Jovy's thread clean.

I'll start, has anyone had an issue when coming out of sleep the screen is dim and you have to go into brightness and tap it to make it work? I think maybe I set my clock frequency to low or maybe I should be using a different governor. Another issue that bugs me is when I have ripple effect set and use a black background for my lockscreen the borders of the screen look slightly grey. I have read posts about this and by turning off ripple effect the color is like it should be. I like the ripple effect and I like black backgrounds, does anyone know about a fix for this, or does anyone notice this issue on their phone.

Here's the link to the Darthstalker ROM if you read this post and want to check out the actual ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2014442

I am not the developer of this ROM, all credit for this great ROM goes to jovy23 and those he's listed in his OP.

~ Todd

Sent from my AT100 using xda premium
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tmjohnsonfse For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tp2215
Old
Thanks Meter 1461
Default Re: Darthstalker ROM -- All things not development related--

Good idea for a thread about the greatest rom! Here is a quick mod for all those interested, here is the stock boot animation and sound that work great!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1706856

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

famandeggs
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Thank you for this

tmjohnsonfse
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp2215 View Post
Good idea for a thread about the greatest rom! Here is a quick mod for all those interested, here is the stock boot animation and sound that work great!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1706856

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
This is a good example of what this thread is for. Thanks for posting.

JohnnyNyQuil
Old
Thanks Meter 4

So to move my question to this thread. If I nand will it flash back my original kernel. Trying to remove kt747 and go back to stock kernel that came with this Rom.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

edit28
Old
Thanks Meter 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyNyQuil View Post
So to move my question to this thread. If I nand will it flash back my original kernel. Trying to remove kt747 and go back to stock kernel that came with this Rom.

Your nand restore should bring you back to whichever kernel was active during the backup

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to edit28 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JohnnyNyQuil
Old
Thanks Meter 4

Awesome! Wasn't sure.

tmjohnsonfse
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by edit28 View Post
Your nand restore should bring you back to whichever kernel was active during the backup

I flash quite a few kernels, always making a backup prior so I can always restore. When restoring I always wipe like I'm installing a new ROM. Just to make sure nothing gets left behind.

edit28
Old
Thanks Meter 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmjohnsonfse View Post
I flash quite a few kernels, always making a backup prior so I can always restore. When restoring I always wipe like I'm installing a new ROM. Just to make sure nothing gets left behind.

Same here! I find 99.9% of ROM-related issues for us flashaholics stem from not performing a full wipe prior to a flash. I've been fully stable on every DaRTHSTALKER update, with LOTS of varying kernel testing, by using this method. Full data + cache + Dalvik wipe then flash than another cache/dalvik wipe before the boot is always a good strategy!

The Following User Says Thank You to edit28 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JohnnyNyQuil
Old
Thanks Meter 4

I always make backups for any change I flash too but the last phone I rommed was my g1. The vibrant was too much of a pain and there wasn't any good roms with Wi-Fi calling. I know these things are a different beast so I just wanted to make sure. Btw doesn't nand do all of the wiping process for you?