Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,490 Members 41,163 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Darthstalker ROM -- All things not development related--

Tip us?

tmjohnsonfse
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 147
Default Re: Darthstalker ROM -- All things not development related--

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyNyQuil View Post
I always make backups for any change I flash too but the last phone I rommed was my g1. The vibrant was too much of a pain and there wasn't any good roms with Wi-Fi calling. I know these things are a different beast so I just wanted to make sure. Btw doesn't nand do all of the wiping process for you?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app
I believe it does, but it only takes a few seconds to be absolutely sure it's done correctly. I'm a creature of habit.

Sent from my AT100 using xda premium

JohnnyNyQuil
Old
Thanks Meter 4

Much better. I guess I didn't even try the Rom tweaks on this one in the first place. Gonna see tomorrow how much better it will be. On another note, has anyone successfully connected to allshare play with another gs3? My girlfriend got hers (completely stock 4.1.1 w/no root) and everything else interacts except for that. Would like to group cast with her and I've followed the videos online to do it but our phones don't show up in each other's network, connected to WiFi of course.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Pr0phess0r
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmjohnsonfse View Post
I figured I would start this thread...
Thank you for this thread, this is an excellent idea!

I've been a fan of this ROM since the very day the version 9 was uploaded. I got my SGS3 late December (this is my first android device), tried a few ROMs and stopped on this one. (BTW: a suggestion to put a link to the DARTHSTALKER S3 ROM thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2014442 on OP so everyone new to this knows what it is all about).

This being my first post on the entire forum I was not allowed to ask questions on the original ROM's threads (and there are at least two I am following).

Now, if you don't mind a newbie question, here it is:
I am a T-mo subscriber using an unlocked AT&T phone. Currently I am on DARTHSTALKER v9 port for AT&T (here's the thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2087164 ). As the most of you I am eagerly awaiting version X1 of the DaRTHSTALKER, but my question is: can I just flash the T-mobile version or should I wait for when an AT&T PORT is available?

Thnks.

tmjohnsonfse
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr0phess0r View Post

I've been a fan of this ROM since the very day the version 9 was uploaded. I got my SGS3 late December (this is my first android device), tried a few ROMs and stopped on this one. (BTW: a suggestion to put a link to the DARTHSTALKER S3 ROM thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2014442 on OP so everyone new to this knows what it is all about).

This being my first post on the entire forum I was not allowed to ask questions on the original ROM's threads (and there are at least two I am following).

I am a T-mo subscriber using an unlocked AT&T phone. Currently I am on DARTHSTALKER v9 port for AT&T (here's the thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2087164 ). As the most of you I am eagerly awaiting version X1 of the DaRTHSTALKER, but my question is: can I just flash the T-mobile version or should I wait for when an AT&T PORT is available?

Thnks.
I would pm Jovy as he would know best, but maybe someone may be able to answer the question for you. I am new to phones also and the S3 is my first smart phone. I too have tried most of the roms, but keep coming back to this one. I do know that most at&t kernels are compatible, I would want to be 100% sure of ROM compatibility before flashing, might end up in a bad way. Thanks for the suggestion about seeing if Jovy would put the link in his OP.

tmjohnsonfse
Old
(Last edited by tmjohnsonfse; 23rd February 2013 at 01:39 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 147

I had something happen last night that I've never had happen before and maybe sometime can tell me what it was. I was restoring back after messing with a few mods that didn't work and when my phone booted up in the lower left corner it said "Safe Mode". I went back into recovery and wiped cache and dalvik cache, fixed permissions, and then rebooted and safe mode was gone. What is safe mode?

Thanks,

Todd

Edit: Should have used Google first. Safe mode is similar to computer safe mode. It only loads base os to allow for removal of files. Still don't understand why it happened, but atleast I know it wasn't something bad.

tp2215
Old
Thanks Meter 2569

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr0phess0r View Post

Thnks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmjohnsonfse View Post
I would pm Jovy as he would know best, but maybe someone may be able to answer the question for you. I am new to phones also and the S3 is my first smart phone. I too have tried most of the roms, but keep coming back to this one. I do know that most at&t kernels are compatible, I would want to be 100% sure of ROM compatibility before flashing, might end up in a bad way. Thanks for the suggestion about seeing if Jovy would put the link in his OP.

I WOULD NOT DO THAT! Although I cannot answer the question directly, every carrier has modified there own Galaxy S3. They are all completely different. I know that if you flash a Universal galaxy S3 rom onto a T-Mobile device, it will completely hard brick it due to a change in the partition structure. If you have an At&t device, I would still stick to the Galaxy s3 at&t roms even though T-mobile is your carrier.
The Following User Says Thank You to tp2215 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kinjus0675
Old
Thanks Meter 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp2215 View Post
I WOULD NOT DO THAT! Although I cannot answer the question directly, every carrier has modified there own Galaxy S3. They are all completely different. I know that if you flash a Universal galaxy S3 rom onto a T-Mobile device, it will completely hard brick it due to a change in the partition structure. If you have an At&t device, I would still stick to the Galaxy s3 at&t roms even though T-mobile is your carrier.
+1. Unlocking your phone only allows it access to a different carriers sim card. It does not change the base of the phone itself. I have a Tmobile SG3 that's unlocked for my travels but any ROM I flash must be a tmo based ROM. In your case stick with the ATT ROMs so you don't end up with a brick, and enjoy this great rom

My s3 is stalking your s3....
So you wanna be down with the king....
The Following User Says Thank You to kinjus0675 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ipaq_101
Old
Thanks Meter 140

Does anyone have a flashable (zip) stock kernel?
I have looked and looked with no luck, I mean I can always just re flash the rom, but wanted to explore other alternatives first.

Thanks for creating this thread btw.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

byron1985
Old
Thanks Meter 67

Hey guys been using this ROM for awile. I recently flashed a 4.2 ROM and know my GPS won't lock on I had made a back up before flashing ROM and reverted back to backup after I decided to switch back to this rom. Any suggestions on how to fix?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

mgbotoe
Old
Thanks Meter 1476

DONATE TO ME

I have noticed a while ago when I receive text notification or miss calls, when i slide on them it takes about 10 second to open. I have reflashed this ROM several times n others just to see what's up but the problem only occurs with version x...anyone else experience this? just my phone?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium