An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara: Modified Android L and Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and software enthusiasts. The … more

Streamline Android Theming with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because I am too … more
Post Reply

My kindle randomly shuts off

23rd February 2013, 02:29 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
275 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
My kindle for some reason just randomly shuts off if its not plugged in. If anyone could help that would be awesome about to call amazon and send it back for a replacement.



Sent Using My Rooted Kindle Fire HD 7"
Last edited by Hinzman420; 23rd February 2013 at 02:32 AM.
23rd February 2013, 03:38 AM   |  #2  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 22
 
714 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Re: My kindle randomly shuts off
Don't worry it's probably just low on ram or battery mine does that to it's really not much to worry about

sent from my unrooted kindle fire hd
23rd February 2013, 07:44 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
275 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Re: My kindle randomly shuts off
No its a big problem. Mine does it when i have a full battery and have nothing running. But my wife's don't do it. We both have go launcher and use the same apps on a regular basis.

Sent Using My Rooted Kindle Fire HD 7"
22nd September 2013, 06:42 PM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
My Kindle does the same!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinzman420

No its a big problem. Mine does it when i have a full battery and have nothing running. But my wife's don't do it. We both have go launcher and use the same apps on a regular basis.

Sent Using My Rooted Kindle Fire HD 7"

I have the same problem! My Kindle shuts down for no reason. When I try to power it up again, it shows the shimmering kindle logo shows, the screen flashes as though it is about to boot up but is simple switches off again.

The only way I can get it to boot is to plug it in to a power charger. When it finally boots, the battery is often 50 - 60% charged?

This often occurs when unlocking the screen.

Any suggestions as to why this happens, or what I can do to fix it would be most welcome

Cheers
Aquitaine.
9th November 2013, 12:55 PM   |  #5  
Member
Flag Tacuarembó
Thanks Meter: 4
 
51 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
Have the same problem for many time and can´t solve it. Almost brings me to stop using my tablet!

Same questions:

why this happens?

what I can do to fix it?

Cheers, Gustavo
11th November 2013, 09:02 AM   |  #6  
Wondrej's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
What roms are you using? Do you have rooted devices? Did you tried monitor your apps for apps that might eat up your RAM?

If you have full battery problem might be in RAM and the shutting of is basically android mechanism for "fixing" the issue with full RAM. Look into your apps and see if you have any app that might be causing this. If there is anything suspicious try uninstalling the app and see if the reboot comes back.
12th November 2013, 03:20 PM   |  #7  
mrcrusha829's Avatar
Member
Flag Hartford, CT
Thanks Meter: 10
 
94 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquitaine404

I have the same problem! My Kindle shuts down for no reason. When I try to power it up again, it shows the shimmering kindle logo shows, the screen flashes as though it is about to boot up but is simple switches off again.

The only way I can get it to boot is to plug it in to a power charger. When it finally boots, the battery is often 50 - 60% charged?

This often occurs when unlocking the screen.

Any suggestions as to why this happens, or what I can do to fix it would be most welcome

Cheers
Aquitaine.

This happened to my daughters Kindle as well without any customizing done to it. It was a purely stock amazon Kindle. I called customer service and they sent me a new one within 2 days. I believe that this issue is a hardware issue as my oldest daughter has no problems with hers.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app
12th November 2013, 03:48 PM   |  #8  
Member
Flag Tacuarembó
Thanks Meter: 4
 
51 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondrej

What roms are ou using? Do you have rooted devices? Did you tried monitor your apps for apps that might eat up your RAM?

If you have full battery problem might be in RAM and the shutting of is basically android mechanism for "fixing" the issue with full RAM. Look into your apps and see if you have any app that might be causing this. If there is anything suspicious try uninstalling the app and see if the reboot comes back.

I have stock rom and have the device (KFHD 7) rooted. I didn t monitor app by app RAM consumption. The only thing I do was uninstalling apps installed for me, but nothing changes. There is a simple way to check RAM consumption?

Thank you!
Last edited by Elgari; 12th November 2013 at 03:56 PM.
15th November 2013, 09:52 PM   |  #9  
Junior Member
glasgow
Thanks Meter: 0
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
I'm getting the same problem.

Could I remove the root and look to get it replaced?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes