FORUMS

Other than XDA (of Course), What’s Your Favorite Site That Covers Android?

There is a number of other great sites that cover … more

Introducing Voices of XDA: Have Your Ideas Heard

By far the greatest assets we have at XDA-Developers are you, the developers, the eager … more

Unofficial Xposed For Lollipop Touchwiz With Flashable Zip

XDA Recognized Developer arter97 has released an unofficial build … more

YotaPhone 2 Pre-Order, Xperia Z1 Price Cut – XDA TV

Android Wear 5.1.1 OTA downloads are now available. That and much more news is … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Bricked.....ViperXL. Please help

23rd February 2013, 10:18 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Flag san fran california
Thanks Meter: 448
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by demert858

How can I flash the OTA Version if I can't connect my phone to the PC?
I know OTA stands for "Over The Air" but I assume I still need to download it to my SD to flash it in recovery???

Edit:
I keep getting Process.Android.Media blah blah blah
I've installed HTC Sync and uninstalled.....Tried everything.......

I thought Rooting was going to make me happy lol! So Frustrating

U can mount in twrp
 
 
23rd February 2013, 10:19 PM |#12  
Venomtester's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Columbia
Thanks Meter: 987
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by demert858

How can I flash the OTA Version if I can't connect my phone to the PC?
I know OTA stands for "Over The Air" but I assume I still need to download it to my SD to flash it in recovery???

Go to the thread on your phone and download it. Check with file explorer to make sure it is in download folder on sd. Go into recovery and flash the ota update for your version.
AT&T HTC OneX
Android 4.1.1
ViperXL 3.2.3
23rd February 2013, 10:21 PM |#13  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 72
 
More
Re: Bricked.....ViperXL. Please help
Boot into recovery. Go to mount and then mount usb. Copy the ota over and install it.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
23rd February 2013, 10:26 PM |#14  
Venomtester's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Columbia
Thanks Meter: 987
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by a box of kittens

U can mount in twrp

I tried that when I was having the same issue. It keeps showing up as a HTC disc drive. So i just went to the thread in desktop view and downloaded straight to the phone. Would not recognize it as an android device.
AT&T HTC OneX
Andrid 4.1.1
ViperXL 3.2.3
23rd February 2013, 10:32 PM |#15  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by a box of kittens

U can mount in twrp

Okay, I'm stretching my PC knowledge with all of this, thanks for your patience!!!

I download the OTA Update to my PC (Because I can't get it on my phone via PC)......
How do I get it from my PC to my Phone from here?
23rd February 2013, 10:35 PM |#16  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by demert858

Okay, I'm stretching my PC knowledge with all of this, thanks for your patience!!!

I download the OTA Update to my PC (Because I can't get it on my phone via PC)......
How do I get it from my PC to my Phone from here?

WOW......Mount in TWRP solves it lol.....

So now what...Grab the file....
Put it on my phone......Where?

How do I flash just that?
23rd February 2013, 10:39 PM |#17  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 72
 
More
Re: Bricked.....ViperXL. Please help
Just go to install and then choose the ota zip. Doesn't matter where on your phone you put it.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
23rd February 2013, 10:41 PM |#18  
Venomtester's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Columbia
Thanks Meter: 987
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by demert858

WOW......Mount in TWRP solves it lol.....

So now what...Grab the file....
Put it on my phone......Where?

How do I flash just that?

Put it in your downloads folder. Select install. Find the zip in your download folder and select flash.
Reboot
AT&T HTC OneX
Android 4.1.1
ViperXL 3.2.3
23rd February 2013, 10:44 PM |#19  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomtester

Put it in your downloads folder. Select install. Find the zip in your download folder and select flash.
Reboot
AT&T HTC OneX
Android 4.1.1
ViperXL 3.2.3

Yep got it.....
Once I'm pointed in the right direction, I'm usually good to go......
So this OTA Update should fix the Memory Card problem......? What else did it address?

At least I know there is a workaround through TWRP.

Also, thanks for not being a Douche.......
Not everyone has a degree in Computer Science and Applications lol!!!!!
23rd February 2013, 10:51 PM |#20  
Venomtester's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Columbia
Thanks Meter: 987
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by demert858

Yep got it.....
Once I'm pointed in the right direction, I'm usually good to go......
So this OTA Update should fix the Memory Card problem......? What else did it address?

At least I know there is a workaround through TWRP.

Also, thanks for not being a Douche.......
Not everyone has a degree in Computer Science and Applications lol!!!!!

As far as I know it was just the mounting issue. Be sure to thank these guys for their help.
AT&T HTC OneX
Android 4.1.1
ViperXL 3.2.3
The Following User Says Thank You to Venomtester For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes