Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,351 Members 39,312 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC one si 2gb ram DDR3 not DDR2

Tip us?

matheus_sc
Old
Thanks Meter 271

DONATE TO ME
but support sometimes is wrong too, lets see some test to be sure
Lg G2 4.4 KitKat

-]Megacharge[-
Old
Thanks Meter 119
OP is saying HTC's site has lpddr2 listed as a typo, and it actually comes with lpddr3 because it's all the 600 series comes with.

Hope he is right..

NiCk.JaY
Old
Thanks Meter 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by -]Megacharge[- View Post
OP is saying HTC's site has lpddr2 listed as a typo, and it actually comes with lpddr3 because it's all the 600 series comes with.

Hope he is right..
I think it supports UPTO DDR3!

crea78
Old
Thanks Meter 38
If someone who has used a demo unit in a retail store, is there a way to check under the Settings menu if it is DDR2 or DDR3?
Phone: Google Nexus 5 (16 GB White)
ROM: L Preview
Kernel: stock
Recovery: stock
-----------------------------------------------------------
Tablet: Nexus 7 32GB (Grouper)
ROM: Madhi ROM (4.4.4)
Kernel: stock
Recovery: TWRP v2.7.1.1

paorpas
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbenny1 View Post
isnt the point of this thread that MAYBE the phone uses ddr3 and not ddr2 as HTC have said?

because the chip only comes with ddr3?
This chip is manufactured by Qualcomm and come directly only with ddr3, G Optimus Pro also comes with ddr3 and I doubt they bothered to put ddr2 deliberately on purpose, creating only a lower chip for htc one

g3rm3n
Old
Thanks Meter 17
I can see here 600 with DDR3 only...NO upto

http://www.qualcomm.com/media/blog/2...ssors-unveiled
The Following User Says Thank You to g3rm3n For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kalo88
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Chances are it's just a typo on HTC's website, if im honest I wouldn't exactly trust 'technical support'... it'll be staffed by regular office workers who follow guides and refer anything complex further up the chain.

If you notice all the HTC person says is 'Refer to what our website says' rather than confirming for definite.
Current Devices:
LG G2
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
The Following User Says Thank You to kalo88 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Turbotab
Old
Thanks Meter 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by paorpas View Post
This chip is manufactured by Qualcomm and come directly only with ddr3, G Optimus Pro also comes with ddr3 and I doubt they bothered to put ddr2 deliberately on purpose, creating only a lower chip for htc one
The DRAM does not come directly from Qualcomm, but is integrated onto the logic board, designed by HTC, using Package on package (PoP). The supplier could be Samsung, Hynix or one of the other big DRAM suppliers. Qualcomm have announced support for both LPDDR2 & LPDDR3 on their Snapdragon 400. Maybe HTC support / website is wrong, the only way to know is when ifixit does a teardown of the HTC One.

http://www.qualcomm.com/media/blog/2...200-processors
Dumb phones> Nokia E51 > iPhone 3GS > Orange San Francisco > Galaxy S > Galaxy S2 > Galaxy Note

Current: Lumia 710 & Nexus 7 & Nexus 4

@jomaKern

Maedhros
Old
Thanks Meter 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbotab View Post
The DRAM does not come directly from Qualcomm, but is integrated onto the logic board, designed by HTC, using Package on package (PoP). The supplier could be Samsung, Hynix or one of the other big DRAM suppliers. Qualcomm have announced support for both LPDDR2 & LPDDR3 on their Snapdragon 400. Maybe HTC support / website is wrong, the only way to know is when ifixit does a teardown of the HTC One.

Yup...

I think we need someone who has some clout with HTC (engadget, etc.) to ask them to confirm if it is LPDDR2 or LPDDR3.

Despite the claims that we shouldn't fret over 2 vs 3, I feel that a 7fps difference does warrant investigating this matter.

paorpas
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbotab View Post

Phil Nickinson confirms ddr3

The Following User Says Thank You to paorpas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]