Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,315 Members 42,147 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC one si 2gb ram DDR3 not DDR2

Tip us?

onlinejobwork
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Default Re: HTC one si 2gb ram DDR3 not DDR2

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

When HTC clearly mention they never wrong; to confirm one of our xda member send an email to HTC and they clearly mention that given information on their website is correct and suggest not to look other source of information regarding specification HTC CONFIRMED 2GB DDR2

History: Motorola T180 | Nokia 6610 | Nokia 3350 | Sony Ericsson K-750i | Nokia 3350 | Nokia 3200 | Nokia Express Music 5800 |
HP ipaq 514 | Samsung Omnia | Nokia 6120 Classic | iphone 3Gs | LG Optimus GT-540 | Orange San Francisco | Motorola DEFY
Samsung I5500 Corby | Samsung Galaxy S2 | Samsung Galaxy S3 | Nokia Lumia 820 | Nokia 1661 | HTC One | Lumia 1020 | Moto G | LG G2 (present)

NiCk.JaY
Old
Thanks Meter 358

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlinejobwork View Post
Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

When HTC clearly mention they never wrong; to confirm one of our xda member send an email to HTC and they clearly mention that given information on their website is correct and suggest not to look other source of information regarding specification HTC CONFIRMED 2GB DDR2
First of all, there could be a typo on their website. And second, their customer service does nothing but pick content from website only. So there is a good CHANCE that it's DDR3

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Riyal
Old
Thanks Meter 1,671

DONATE TO ME
Even samsung has typo errors with regards to specs. I remember the time when the samsung galaxy relay 4g was announced it was announced as an s3 qualcomm. And in the end it was a qualcomm s4 processor all along.

irzero
Old
Thanks Meter 87
DDR2 doesnt have any real disadvantage to DDR3. The CPU would need to be seriously bandwidth starved to make a difference. But if that Ram also provides the memory for the GPU then thats where its going to hurt performance since GPU's are generally bandwidth hungry.

It seems an odd choice to go for slower memory than the SOC asks for.
The Following User Says Thank You to irzero For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

djbenny1
Old
Thanks Meter 284

Yea as far as customer support goes, you could probably have asked your magic 8 ball and got an equally reliable answer.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djbenny1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jonas2295
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,431

DONATE TO ME
Default AW: HTC one si 2gb ram DDR3 not DDR2

Should I ask my contact @ htc if it is a ddr3 or a ddr2? He has a htc one in his hands

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

You want 20gb free cloud storage ?
use my referral link and you get them right away at copy.com !
Thanks!

mitas35
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonas2295 View Post
Should I ask my contact @ htc if it is a ddr3 or a ddr2? He has a htc one in his hands

pls

hamdir
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 13,491
Quote:

Well yes but even if he has it in his hands he can't tell, it's not written anywhere

But u can ask him to run a GLBenchmark 2.5 Egypt HD C24Z16 - Offscreen (1080p) test, on a full battery, no power saving and a clean run (just this test standalone)

jonas2295
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,431

DONATE TO ME
Default AW: HTC one si 2gb ram DDR3 not DDR2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdir View Post
Well yes but even if he has it in his hands he can't tell, it's not written anywhere

But u can ask him to run a GLBenchmark 2.5 Egypt HD C24Z16 - Offscreen (1080p) test, on a full battery, no power saving and a clean run (just this test standalone)
Well he is the one who is responsible for pr stuff for htc Germany. I get my HTC One from him later.

I can ask him to do a benchmark, not sure if he will do that.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

Asked for the clarification of ddr2 or ddr3 and asked for the benchmark result when you run it without any influence of previous benchmarks.

You want 20gb free cloud storage ?
use my referral link and you get them right away at copy.com !
Thanks!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jonas2295 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mitas35
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Well he is the one who is responsible for pr stuff for htc Germany. I get my HTC One from him later.

I can ask him to do a benchmark, not sure if he will do that.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

Asked for the clarification of ddr2 or ddr3 and asked for the benchmark result when you run it without any influence of previous benchmarks.

So when we will have the resoulds? Thanks