Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,194 Members 51,630 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Swift Key 4

Tip us?

kujayhawks77
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Default Re: Swift Key 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div033 View Post
I don't like swift key. The space bar is too small. I keep accidentally hitting the period instead which.makes.my.writing.look.like.this.

Did they change this in version 4? Or heck, at least give the option to?

Edit: nope. The period is still. Ridiculously big for no reason, taking up. Precious space bar space. Time to. Uninstall again. I apparently had this keyboard purchased from back when it. Was on sale for like. 40 cents.

Edit: I took screenshots of the stock Android keyboard and SwiftKey and found them identical in length. It was probably a mental thing. I do hate how this thing auto spaces after pressing period though. I also dislike the number layout. These are things I wish the developer would consider making options for.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
If I'm not mistaken you can turn that off in settings.

OP - perhaps you should just enjoy the fact that they allowed you to beta test in the first place. When Swiftkey originally hit the scene beta testing was limited to a few and in almost every instance a user who had already purchased the app.

If McDonald's was test marketing the McRib in your area and gave you one for free does that entitle you to free McRibs for life?

Step off your high horse and spend 2 bucks.

One minute was enough, Tyler said, a person had to work hard for it, but a minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection.

tbodner
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by kujayhawks77 View Post

OP - perhaps you should just enjoy the fact that they allowed you to beta test in the first place. When Swiftkey originally hit the scene beta testing was limited to a few and in almost every instance a user who had already purchased the app.

If McDonald's was test marketing the McRib in your area and gave you one for free does that entitle you to free McRibs for life?

I'M gonna throw my two cents...

shouldn't you want to pay for the finished product? show's appreciation for someones hard work and time? tesing a beta isn't a reward, or privilege, you do it on your own free will because you expressed interest in a product.

The5Venomz
Old
Thanks Meter 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibscreen View Post
I've beta tested a few things and I'm surprised at how unappreciative developers are of their beta testers. Most recently it was swift key. Honestly the flow kind of sucked in its first iteration compared to swype (or even the stock swype keyboard) but I stuck with it and provided feed back hoping it would get better and I would be rewarded for my efforts. When their release version came out i got an email the next day with a $2 discount and that my beta version was expired.

So now in addition to my time they want to take my money. And they won't even let me keep using the beta to avoid paying.

At least it wasn't as bad as solid explorer. They didn't even offer a discount. Just flipped all of their beta testers the bird and shut down the beta.

So is this behavior typical of developers? I think the least they could do is give their app for free to the beta testers that contributed to making their product market worthy.
Hold up... It was an open beta... You mean to tell me that you expect them to give everyone a free copy... Pay the money, it's worth it.

mav3rick478
Old
Thanks Meter 64

I will chime in just for the sake of it, we all got the email about final release and one thing that did strike me was in the email they said it was free and not $2, not complaining about the price just the wording and false advertisement of the email I got because before I got the email I read on Endgaget that it was on sale for $2. Checked my email and saw I got one from Swiftkey thanking me for beta testing yadda yadda and at the end saying it was free with a play store link, wrong fail. If you're gonna give a discount than just say it, don't say it's free when it's only free if you already purchased Swiftkey prior. Just my 2.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

AtariDroid
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by kujayhawks77 View Post

I find the number layout easier to use. The layout of some punctuation, not so much lol but it is liveable. The Autospace/Autopunctuate can definitely be disabled.

Other than that, the keyboard is fast, the predictive text is accurate, but non-invasive, and it's a keeper for me. All I need is a real theme for it lol.

Meanwhile.. Thread reported. 98% of this thread is pure BS and a waste of forum space. Too much of that here at XDA IMO...
Devices:
Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Acer Iconia A500(V8 Bootloader/ Civato's Re-Flexx Rom)

Previous devices:
Too many to mention(but all rooted since the D1)

HaVoK C89
Old
Thanks Meter 26

I got the app for free myself. Beta tested then updated the next day after all was said and done. Win-Win.

Sent from the Dark Side of my Eclipsed GS3.

KennyG123
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod
Thanks Meter 26,169

DONATE TO ME
Thread cleaned and closed
Rather than participate in the downgrading of a thread
Please report the thread. This is appalling to occur on a development site
Thank you for your cooperation
Friendly Neighborhood Moderator

Moderator Directory - - - FORUM RULES - - - Support Autism Awareness here

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KennyG123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe