Ubuntu Developer Preview came out today and I decided to play around with it a little. It's based on CM, so it's a fairly easy port to get the base feature working, but many things do not work.
Note that this is a one-shot and there will be no updates (maybe until it becomes more than a developer preview, but no promise!)
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
All sources are available from Ubuntu's and CyanogenMod repositories. All other patches will be listed here.
What works? Doesn't work? Works
GSM and data (need modification in ubuntu ril layer)
Audio and media decoding?
Make sure you are on CM10/CM10.1 before installing this.
Reboot into Recovery
Do a Nandroid backup!
WIPE (wipe data/factory reset) This is required or you won't have enough space on /data and install will silently fail
Please do not use email, PM or use social network to ask for support (use the thread), ask for help on another device (I can't help without access to the device) or recommendation on the "best" device/ROM (I only know about what I use).
If you like my work, please consider donating via PayPal using the address p.pawit [at] gmail.com
(if PayPal says that it is not available, please do not mark the payment as a donation and it will go through)
You may recall that back in August of last year, we talked … more
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?