XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HELP] Two sd card directories

Tip us?

dilster97
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Default [HELP] Two sd card directories

When I'm in file explorer I have the sd card and then there is another directory called '0' and when I go into it it looks fairly similar to my sd card directory.

Is it safe to delete the '0' or do I need the directory.

HTC One X Viper X 3.3.7
XM-kernel #115

Backup: O2 XDA IIs WM 2003 SE 4.21

Desaf
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Default Re: [HELP] Two sd card directories

The early 4.2 (aosp) roms transferred the everything to /sdcard/0. Now the roms don't do that so everything is now on your sdcard. And sense roms don't transfer data to /sdcard/0.

If I where you I would look if you have pictures or other data that you need on /sdcard/0. you have to move it to sdcard. After that you can delete it

Sent from my HOX
HTC One X

From Nokia 3310 --> 8210 --> 8310 ...... --> HTC Desire (Bravo) --> HTC One X --> Galaxy SIII --> HTC One X --> N4
The Following User Says Thank You to Desaf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dilster97
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Default Re: [HELP] Two sd card directories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desaf View Post
The early 4.2 (aosp) roms transferred the everything to /sdcard/0. Now the roms don't do that so everything is now on your sdcard. And sense roms don't transfer data to /sdcard/0.

If I where you I would look if you have pictures or other data that you need on /sdcard/0. you have to move it to sdcard. After that you can delete it

Sent from my HOX
Deleted sdcard/0 and transferred everything I needed from it to just the normal sdcard directory.

HTC One X Viper X 3.3.7
XM-kernel #115

Backup: O2 XDA IIs WM 2003 SE 4.21