Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,597 Members 52,170 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SIP/VoiP apps

Tip us?

lacoursiere18
Old
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 4,251

DONATE TO ME
Default SIP/VoiP apps

HAs anyone tried using their KFHD as a phone yet? I have been really tossing around the idea of just using my tablet as a phone and was wondering if its possible on the KFHD? I have done research on other tablets using clients like Groove iP, Google Voice, Talkatone etc. I thought I saw someone asking for a apk for Viber on here awhile ago but cant seem to find it anywhere. Thanks in advance!

Braves1995
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacoursiere18 View Post
HAs anyone tried using their KFHD as a phone yet? I have been really tossing around the idea of just using my tablet as a phone and was wondering if its possible on the KFHD? I have done research on other tablets using clients like Groove iP, Google Voice, Talkatone etc. I thought I saw someone asking for a apk for Viber on here awhile ago but cant seem to find it anywhere. Thanks in advance!
Yes. Just made a call a few minutes ago, actually. I'm using Groove IP linked to my Google Voice account. Working great. I haven't attempted a bluetooth headset or anything like that though yet. I'm using an ancient ass microphone with Speakerphone on.

lacoursiere18
Old
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 4,251

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braves1995 View Post
Yes. Just made a call a few minutes ago, actually. I'm using Groove IP linked to my Google Voice account. Working great. I haven't attempted a bluetooth headset or anything like that though yet. I'm using an ancient ass microphone with Speakerphone on.
Hmm very nice.. Hows the connection on the other side any complaints? What about using headphones with a mic?

Braves1995
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacoursiere18 View Post
Hmm very nice.. Hows the connection on the other side any complaints? What about using headphones with a mic?
The connection is quite clear, but a bit quiet. That's with the volume turned up full blast, too. Haven't had any issues otherwise. You'd definitely want to invest in the headphone route. Haven't tried them myself, though.
The Following User Says Thank You to Braves1995 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]