Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,490 Members 40,476 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]..SOLVED.. No working Teather on any rom i flash

Tip us?
 
scoot0073
Old
(Last edited by scoot0073; 23rd February 2013 at 07:36 PM.) Reason: solved
#1  
scoot0073's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 79
Posts: 375
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Atl. Ga.
Default [Q]..SOLVED.. No working Teather on any rom i flash

i come from the Evo Lte to the Sprint GS3 2 days ago. i got it rooted with TWRP recovery my main goal is to get wifi teather and i have done flashed these Roms and wifi teather is a no go.ive searched/googled/and read to the point im about to pull my hair out..this is the first Samsung phone that i have ever purchaced up till 2 days ago i have only owned HTC phones from the Touch Diamond all up to the Evo Lte so i been learning everything all over again as Samsung is completly different.

Liquid jb 2.1 RC1
Carbon jb 1.3
Mjjjz Goodness 8.0.5

im currently on CM10.1 2/22/2013 and teather will load and broadcast and when i get on my laptop to connect is says connecting but then shows a yellow dot like in the signal bars on my laptop.and this is the same problem i had on the other 3 roms. can someone help me to get teather to work.PLEASE

DEVICE INFO

Sprint GS3
Baseband L710VPBLJ7
SPH-L710
CM10.1 2/22/2013
 
Android Attack
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 36
Posts: 105
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoot0073 View Post
i come from the Evo Lte to the Sprint GS3 2 days ago. i got it rooted with TWRP recovery my main goal is to get wifi teather and i have done flashed these Roms and wifi teather is a no go.ive searched/googled/and read to the point im about to pull my hair out..this is the first Samsung phone that i have ever purchaced up till 2 days ago i have only owned HTC phones from the Touch Diamond all up to the Evo Lte so i been learning everything all over again as Samsung is completly different.

Liquid jb 2.1 RC1
Carbon jb 1.3
Mjjjz Goodness 8.0.5

im currently on CM10.1 2/22/2013 and teather will load and broadcast and when i get on my laptop to connect is says connecting but then shows a yellow dot like in the signal bars on my laptop.and this is the same problem i had on the other 3 roms. can someone help me to get teather to work.PLEASE

DEVICE INFO

Sprint GS3
Baseband L710VPBLJ7
SPH-L710
CM10.1 2/22/2013
While on CM10.1, make sure you have not set any security. Go into Seettings > Wireless & Networks > More > Tethering & portable hotspot > Security > Open. Then it should work!
The Following User Says Thank You to Android Attack For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
scoot0073
Old
#3  
scoot0073's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 79
Posts: 375
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Atl. Ga.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android Attack View Post
While on CM10.1, make sure you have not set any security. Go into Seettings > Wireless & Networks > More > Tethering & portable hotspot > Security > Open. Then it should work!


THANK U SO MUCH..gosh this is a big relief thanks agan
 
Android Attack
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 36
Posts: 105
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoot0073 View Post
THANK U SO MUCH..gosh this is a big relief thanks agan
No problem! I believe developers have been working on a fix, and I think I read in some ROM threads that a few have found it. So if you are in need of password protection, a quick search around and you should be able to find it! Please put [Solved] in the thread title to notify other users that a solution has been found. Thanks! Have a nice day!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android Attack For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
csmasn
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 223
Posts: 711
Join Date: Sep 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [Q]..SOLVED.. No working Teather on any rom i flash

Lol... there's already a fix for Wi-Fi encryption on AOSP...

Sent from my SPH-L710
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes