FORUMS

A Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services

With the launch of Apple Music, music streaming services have recently gained a lot of … more

An Inside Look at the Redesign of Business Calendar

The much-acclaimed calendar app, Business Calendar, underwent a major design … more

New Android One Device Dead On Arrival

Today, Google announced the second generation of Android One devices, with the new Lava Pixel … more

OnePlus 2 Leaked, Actually Prettier Than Expected

The OnePlus 2 launch event is mere hours away, and we have been treated to clear, … more

Speaker EQ Settings Thread!

530 posts
Thanks Meter: 95
 
By Fidelator, Senior Member on 23rd February 2013, 07:32 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
So guys, basically, just share your speaker EQ settings with us, this is mine, it's the most enjoyable sound I managed to get out of these speakers


These settings are for there ONBOARD SPEAKERS, I'm pretty sure they will suck with anything else, don't use these with anything else.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-02-15-02-46-30.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	1754934  
Last edited by Fidelator; 24th February 2013 at 01:46 AM.
 
 
23rd February 2013, 10:17 PM |#2  
styckx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,466
 
More
No EQ at all.. Not needed on the N10..
23rd February 2013, 10:35 PM |#3  
iamikon's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,387
 
More
Re: Speaker EQ Settings Thread!
I use awesomebeats over in the app forum. Really improves the sound. Dont use any eq settings except bass boost on headphones

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app
24th February 2013, 12:06 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 95
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by styckx

No EQ at all.. Not needed on the N10..

The speaker are better than those in pretty much any other tablet but if you come from a Touchpad you'll want to improve it as much as you can.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fidelator For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 12:43 AM |#5  
styckx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,466
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidelator

The speaker are better than those in pretty much any other tablet but if you come from a Touchpad you'll want to improve it as much as you can.

Oh I know. I didn't come from a touchpad but remember I do have a N7.. Tegra DAC = Muddy uninspired dull crap.. The only time I use it for audio is in the car when I can run it through my head units EQ. The Wolfson DAC in the N10 is worth the price of admission alone. I was spoiled by it in the Nexus S for over two years. I just don't feel the audio needs any help and leave the EQs and magic elixirs at the door and let the music playback naturally.

So weird there is a similar thread on the N7 forum about the audio and the best thing to use for audio. I posted a similar post there..
24th February 2013, 01:10 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 95
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by styckx

Oh I know. I didn't come from a touchpad but remember I do have a N7.. Tegra DAC = Muddy uninspired dull crap.. The only time I use it for audio is in the car when I can run it through my head units EQ. The Wolfson DAC in the N10 is worth the price of admission alone. I was spoiled by it in the Nexus S for over two years. I just don't feel the audio needs any help and leave the EQs and magic elixirs at the door and let the music playback naturally.

So weird there is a similar thread on the N7 forum about the audio and the best thing to use for audio. I posted a similar post there..


The DAC is really great, but it doesn't help much when you have small speakers with a flat EQ by default, try these, you won't be dissapointed (only for the speakers, don't use these settings for the headphones).
The Following User Says Thank You to Fidelator For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 01:19 AM |#7  
styckx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,466
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidelator

The DAC is really great, but it doesn't help much when you have small speakers with a flat EQ by default, try these, you won't be dissapointed (only for the speakers, don't use these settings for the headphones).

Ohhh.. I see. I misunderstood... You're strictly speaking of the onboard speakers only. Gotcha. Sorry I misunderstood. I'll give the settings a try then.. You are right the default speaker output is flat. I don't use onboard speakers often but I'll look into it just to have ready for the times I do though. I've generally been weary of EQ and such with small speakers.. Always afraid even the smallest amount of bass will blow them
24th February 2013, 01:34 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 95
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by styckx

Ohhh.. I see. I misunderstood... You're strictly speaking of the onboard speakers only. Gotcha. Sorry I misunderstood. I'll give the settings a try then.. You are right the default speaker output is flat. I don't use onboard speakers often but I'll look into it just to have ready for the times I do though. I've generally been weary of EQ and such with small speakers.. Always afraid even the smallest amount of bass will blow them



Yeah it makes weird sounds when you boost the 250 band too much, I left it way below the weird sound level as that scared me too, it can't play the lower frequencies at all so I doubt those will affect it though.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes