[ROM] neXus JB v1.3.2 [UPDATED][5/06/13]

Search This thread

RicAndroid

Aug 5, 2012
Welcome to all that have enjoyed ICS Redux. It was great fun but it has gotten to the point that I needed to move on. And so...here it is. My latest project called neXus JB. It is basically ICS Redux but with slight differences.

I have now released this rom in a way as to not have you restricted to only using Holo Launcher for the Jelly Bean look and feel. I hope you enjoy it and as always....I take no responsibility if you brick your device. Use at your own risk!

Changelog

*Re-themed Menu Dividers and Top Menu Bar

*Re-themed Extended Power Menu
*Darker Menus
*Polished Up Framework Some More

*Fixed Jump Key
*Replaced Camera with Camera ICS
*Replaced QuickPic with Gallery ICS

*Removed Pink from Incoming Mms Notifications Bar
*Re-themed Web Browser
*Re-themed Contacts

*Polished Up Several PNGs from Framework
*Re-themed Lockscreen Mod Settings.apk
*Re-themed Mms.apk

*Fixed Mismatch with Sidekick Lockscreen
*Fixed LED Issue with Text Messages
*Back to an UNPINKED Stock Mms.apk
*Applied Holo Colored Secondary Text

FEATURES

*2.2.2 Froyo rom - Based off Reviewers ICS Domination v2.0
*ICS Fugu Added to system/bin
*Bali 20120602_nxd - Keystroke logger removed
*Nexus 4 Ringtones and Notifications
*Camera ICS
*Gallery ICS
*Multi-Lockscreen Mod (Thanks to Datlilboricua's Clean Fusion rom)
*Holo Launcher
*Updated TwWallpaper Picker with some nice Live Jelly Bean Walls
*Jelly Bean Transition Animations
*Jelly Bean Keyboard
*Jelly Bean Boot Animation
*Classic TV Off Shutdown
*Build.prop edits - for memory and net optimization

DOWNLOAD LINK

All credit going to ayoteddy, sduvick, Reviewers, nxd, Whitehawkx, Moped_Ryder, Fishman0919, sicopat, ASimmons (For the useful Theme Injector), toxic77, Yash98, Exit_Only, djh and SammaelAkuma

- Put zip file in your /sdcard
- Reboot into cwm recovery
- Wipe Data/Factory Reset
- Wipe Cache Partition
(Optional but recommended to prevent any minor issues)-Wipe Dalvik Cache from advanced menu in CWM
-Select the zip file and flash. Reboot.

019.png
shutdown_4.png

shot_000019.png
shot_000018.png

Attachments

• Lockscreen_Mod.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 485
Last edited:

Desuku

Jul 24, 2008
I just installed Redux, Wondering why you chose Holo instead of ADW

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

Whats the password for the file download?

RicAndroid

Aug 5, 2012
I just installed Redux, Wondering why you chose Holo instead of ADW

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

Whats the password for the file download?

I get that a lot....If many want ADW, then I'll switch. I like Holo because it resembles the Nexus launcher. Password?....oh, wait. Give me a sec.

ivoe

Okay....try now. So...do you guys prefer ADW?

yet another rom from ric ahah man i think your the only person making roms now for sk4g

i personally like the holo launcher (feels less buggy) adw feel like there is a delay at times or atleast when i was using it on glorious overdose it felt buggy to me

p.s. is the lockscreen mod preventing you from removing the network status is display?
if so ima just stick to ics rebuix

edit: i wanted to ask an see if you could edit the handcent notification for led an put them in the messaging.apk or something like that as ive seen a post that the app can use sidekick led (may not be true)

Last edited:

RicAndroid

Aug 5, 2012
yet another rom from ric ahah man i think your the only person making roms now for sk4g

i personally like the holo launcher (feels less buggy) adw feel like there is a delay at times or atleast when i was using it on glorious overdose it felt buggy to me

p.s. is the lockscreen mod preventing you from removing the network status is display?
if so ima just stick to ics rebuix

edit: i wanted to ask an see if you could edit the handcent notification for led an put them in the messaging.apk or something like that as ive seen a post that the app can use sidekick led (may not be true)

It does seem as if I am the only person making roms....lol. Just as in ICS Redux, I have removed the lockscreen mod. I have included a flashable zip for those that want it. :cool:

ivoe

It does seem as if I am the only person making roms....lol. Just as in ICS Redux, I have removed the lockscreen mod. I have included a flashable zip for those that want it. :cool:

alright that good i may check this out soon
yea i haven't seen sam (glorious overdose 4.1) on since last year

and yea im gonna look into this handcent an see if this gives me leds (just gonna use it today cuz i know the messaging.apk dosnt give any led notification)

Reactions: RicAndroid

SammaelAkuma

Apr 3, 2012
Google Pixel 4
Re: [ROM] neXus JB [2/23/13]

alright that good i may check this out soon
yea i haven't seen sam (glorious overdose 4.1) on since last year

and yea im gonna look into this handcent an see if this gives me leds (just gonna use it today cuz i know the messaging.apk dosnt give any led notification)

That's because my sk4g is dead. USB port isn't working and it's no longer under warranty. And the GOV 4.2 I promised got wiped from my PC due to HDD failure.

Also, this is looking hot, man.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 918S using xda app-developers app

ivoe

Sorry to hear that man I was really looking forward to trying 4.2 out

An ricandroid
Handcent fixes led (maybe you could "borrow" their led settings an put it in the messaging.apk?)

Sent from my SGH-T839 using xda app-developers app

RicAndroid

Aug 5, 2012

Sorry to hear that man I was really looking forward to trying 4.2 out

An ricandroid
Handcent fixes led (maybe you could "borrow" their led settings an put it in the messaging.apk?)

I'll look into the led thing. ;)

Sent from my SGH-T839 using xda premium

Reactions: ivoe

RicAndroid

Aug 5, 2012
Okay....there's good news and bad news. The bad news is that I could not make the led work with this Messaging.apk. The good news is that I took the original Mms.apk and completely re-themed it. In other words....it's UNPINKED. ;)

RicAndroid

Aug 5, 2012
Re: [ROM] neXus JB v1.2 [UPDATED][3/02/13]

Unpinked?
What's that mean?
And can you upload some screenshots? Of the messaging an the settings for it?

Unpinked is removing that God awful pink line located at the bottom and the send button. I replaced them to give it a more Holo look.

I'll upload a pic in a few minutes. Believe me...I tried everything.

ivoe

Re: [ROM] neXus JB v1.2 [UPDATED][3/02/13]

Its fine man its never easy making something the is not sopose to work for this phone an make it work . Just like anything else I think I'm going to try something with the messaging apk see if it works out or not

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
love what youve been doing, any chance you can post download link for 1.2, im thinking of using this phone again for a bit...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to all that have enjoyed ICS Redux. It was great fun but it has gotten to the point that I needed to move on. And so...here it is. My latest project called neXus JB. It is basically ICS Redux but with slight differences.

I have now released this rom in a way as to not have you restricted to only using Holo Launcher for the Jelly Bean look and feel. I hope you enjoy it and as always....I take no responsibility if you brick your device. Use at your own risk!

Changelog

*Re-themed Menu Dividers and Top Menu Bar

*Re-themed Extended Power Menu
    *Darker Menus
    *Polished Up Framework Some More

*Fixed Jump Key
    *Replaced Camera with Camera ICS
    *Replaced QuickPic with Gallery ICS

*Removed Pink from Incoming Mms Notifications Bar
    *Re-themed Web Browser
    *Re-themed Contacts

*Polished Up Several PNGs from Framework
    *Re-themed Lockscreen Mod Settings.apk
    *Re-themed Mms.apk

*Fixed Mismatch with Sidekick Lockscreen
    *Fixed LED Issue with Text Messages
    *Back to an UNPINKED Stock Mms.apk
    *Applied Holo Colored Secondary Text

FEATURES

*2.2.2 Froyo rom - Based off Reviewers ICS Domination v2.0
    *ICS Fugu Added to system/bin
    *Bali 20120602_nxd - Keystroke logger removed
    *Nexus 4 Ringtones and Notifications
    *Camera ICS
    *Gallery ICS
    *Multi-Lockscreen Mod (Thanks to Datlilboricua's Clean Fusion rom)
    *Holo Launcher
    *Updated TwWallpaper Picker with some nice Live Jelly Bean Walls
    *Jelly Bean Transition Animations
    *Jelly Bean Keyboard
    *Jelly Bean Boot Animation
    *Classic TV Off Shutdown
    *Build.prop edits - for memory and net optimization

DOWNLOAD LINK

All credit going to ayoteddy, sduvick, Reviewers, nxd, Whitehawkx, Moped_Ryder, Fishman0919, sicopat, ASimmons (For the useful Theme Injector), toxic77, Yash98, Exit_Only, djh and SammaelAkuma

- Put zip file in your /sdcard
    - Reboot into cwm recovery
    - Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    - Wipe Cache Partition
    (Optional but recommended to prevent any minor issues)-Wipe Dalvik Cache from advanced menu in CWM
    -Select the zip file and flash. Reboot.

019.png
    shutdown_4.png

shot_000019.png
    shot_000018.png
    I gave my Sidekick away to my cousin and I'm using the LG G2X with CyanogenMod 7.2. Got tired of waiting.....I have a pretty decent discount now and am contemplating on whether or not to get the L9 (I'm on a budget now) or hang in there until the Sony Xperia Z arrives to T-Mobile.

Chances are that due to financial circumstances, I'll end up getting the L9 and since now it can be rooted, just work my Nexus theme magic on it. Anyway....it's been fun. I'll miss you guys.
    Will be releasing an update tonight which will present a GOV inspired EPM and even darker menus to make it easy on the eyes.

Excellent choice with Holo over ADW. ADW is full featued, but Holo is much faster.
    Nandroid is good :)
    And back my mobile (requires sd space backs everything up even lockscreen mod [puts privious lockscreen mod on with out having to flash you can't change between any though)
    For sms you can use sms backup+ (the one above works an is faster but this would require less sd space

Now to the main reason for this post ...

Hey ric I've found a messaging app called ics messaging it looks really nice (I can't seem to find it on the android market so I don't know if its paid for or not) but it gives a really nice look for messaging an black or white thread choice

You should check it out might make a good substatue for a theme ? :) seeing as the original is limited
    Maybe put it on gov5
    If you can find it anywhere ill message you the file I found :)