XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Which kernel/ROMS support > 4GB camera files

Tip us?

mycall0
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] Which kernel/ROMS support > 4GB camera files

I am trying to find the right ROM which would let me take > 33 min videos with the camera. I am trying Chemistry ROM now (LJ7, android 4.1.1).. while it is working with my exFAT formatted SD card, the camera stops @ 4.2GB file size.

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated for a webcast I'm doing soon.

mycall0
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
In case anyone falls upon this same problem, I found a better solution. Instead of using exFAT, use NTFS. It is better supported on all platforms. Simply format the card with NTFS on any modern Windows machine. Then search and install Paragon NTFS on Google Play. It will simply work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycall0 View Post
I am trying to find the right ROM which would let me take > 33 min videos with the camera. I am trying Chemistry ROM now (LJ7, android 4.1.1).. while it is working with my exFAT formatted SD card, the camera stops @ 4.2GB file size.

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated for a webcast I'm doing soon.

CNexus
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 11077

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [Q] Which kernel/ROMS support > 4GB camera files

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycall0 View Post
In case anyone falls upon this same problem, I found a better solution. Instead of using exFAT, use NTFS. It is better supported on all platforms. Simply format the card with NTFS on any modern Windows machine. Then search and install Paragon NTFS on Google Play. It will simply work.
I was about to suggest that it probably has to do with your card being formatted to some sort of FAT filesystem....but anyway, nice
Put "SOLVED" in your threads title, thanks
Sign up for the new Copy file storage service with this link and get both of us an extra 5 GB!
Or sign up for Dropbox with this link and we can both grab some extra storage!