[Q] SOLVED looking for GS3 Default Notifacation/Rintones zip

Search This thread

scoot0073

Mar 27, 2010
Atl. Ga.
Google Pixel 3 XL
OnePlus 7T
im on CM !0.1 and my wife is on the same rom and she wants her Stock sounds back so i am trying to find a .zip or somewhere that has the Default Stock sounds that i can get .
i tried Google but it only brings up ringtones not Stock

thanks

Last edited:

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7
Re: [Q] looking for GS3 Default Notifacation/Rintones zip

Its not necessary to find a zip for it, you can do it yourself very easily

Download one of the stock roms (I suggest freezas rom) and extract it
Copy the "/system/media/notifications" and "/system/media/ringtones" folders (from the extracted rom) to a temp folder on your wife's phone's sdcard
Unmount the sdcard
Now on the phone, navigate to the sdcard with some sort of file manager (that supports root privileges) and copy the "notifications" and "ringtones" folders to /system/media
If prompted for superuser perms, allow it and then select "merge folders" or something along those lines when prompted

Now reboot and those sounds should be available. Any questions, just ask :good:

Reactions: scoot0073

SGSIIIJB

Jan 6, 2013
MD
im on CM !0.1 and my wife is on the same rom and she wants her Stock sounds back so i am trying to find a .zip or somewhere that has the Default Stock sounds that i can get .

thanks

Not actually from a sprint rom but someone else wanted the same sounds .... is this what ya looking for?
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1663081
(I myself would just pull them from a ota jb stock rom, just open the .zip and drag out system/media)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1904099 (thanks billard412!!)

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7

Not /system/media, only /system/media/ringtones and /system/media/notifications

Copying the entire /system/media folder would cause a lot of issues, especially since the OP is talking about AOSP.

scoot0073

Mar 27, 2010
Atl. Ga.
Google Pixel 3 XL
OnePlus 7T

Thanks everyone for the information ill just nand back to stock rom and pull it from there. She loves that whistle notification or whatever sound that is. Lol

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: CNexus

SGSIIIJB

Jan 6, 2013
MD

Copying the entire /system/media folder would cause a lot of issues, especially since the OP is talking about AOSP.

developers forum if the person doesnt understand the obvious then DUH ur in the wrong place or more reading required,,, obviously if a file is not a SOUND file u wouldnt need it.... again find something better todo with ur time

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Its not necessary to find a zip for it, you can do it yourself very easily

Download one of the stock roms (I suggest freezas rom) and extract it
    Copy the "/system/media/notifications" and "/system/media/ringtones" folders (from the extracted rom) to a temp folder on your wife's phone's sdcard
    Unmount the sdcard
    Now on the phone, navigate to the sdcard with some sort of file manager (that supports root privileges) and copy the "notifications" and "ringtones" folders to /system/media
    If prompted for superuser perms, allow it and then select "merge folders" or something along those lines when prompted

Now reboot and those sounds should be available. Any questions, just ask :good:

thanks

Not actually from a sprint rom but someone else wanted the same sounds .... is this what ya looking for?
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1663081
    (I myself would just pull them from a ota jb stock rom, just open the .zip and drag out system/media)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1904099 (thanks billard412!!)

Thanks everyone for the information ill just nand back to stock rom and pull it from there. She loves that whistle notification or whatever sound that is. Lol

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2