Post Reply

Played with the One!

OP CraigP17

23rd February 2013, 09:35 PM   |  #1  
CraigP17's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 103
 
734 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2006
More
So I got to play with the international version. It was running on att hspa+ network.

Phone felt great. Physically amazing. Amazing screen. Big HTC fan for years even though I'm using a Galaxy device. The new sense is nice. Front speakers are legit. Blinkfeed could be a nice replacement for flipboard or pulse.

I'll def be purchasing. That is all. Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361655286943.jpg
Views:	1907
Size:	192.9 KB
ID:	1755308Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361655298973.jpg
Views:	1948
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	1755309

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CraigP17 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2013, 10:00 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 122
 
992 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpcrazyfly

So I got to play with the international version. It was running on att hspa+ network.

Phone felt great. Physically amazing. Amazing screen. Big HTC fan for years even though I'm using a Galaxy device. The new sense is nice. Front speakers are legit. Blinkfeed could be a nice replacement for flipboard or pulse.

I'll def be purchasing. That is all. Attachment 1755308Attachment 1755309

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

Very cool

Any comparisons? How did it feel in hard versus an Iphone?
23rd February 2013, 10:22 PM   |  #3  
CraigP17's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 103
 
734 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2006
More
Re: Played with the One!
I let a few of my iPhone employees touch it too... They all had their snobby comments about it looking like the iPhone it was light and felt like the iphone in that sense. The body really does feel great. As much as I loved last year's one x body design... This just feels so much nicer.

Best feature I found was the ability to do a full iCloud restore on the HTC One. Making it that much easier for iSheep to switch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to CraigP17 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2013, 11:42 PM   |  #4  
JOSE89178's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nevada
Thanks Meter: 30
 
147 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Re: Played with the One!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpcrazyfly

I let a few of my iPhone employees touch it too... They all had their snobby comments about it looking like the iPhone it was light and felt like the iphone in that sense. The body really does feel great. As much as I loved last year's one x body design... This just feels so much nicer.

Best feature I found was the ability to do a full iCloud restore on the HTC One. Making it that much easier for iSheep to switch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

Dang! I hate you! JK Where were you able to try it out?

Sent from my MB886 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to JOSE89178 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 12:24 AM   |  #5  
tiboric's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
122 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpcrazyfly

So I got to play with the international version. It was running on att hspa+ network.

Phone felt great. Physically amazing. Amazing screen. Big HTC fan for years even though I'm using a Galaxy device. The new sense is nice. Front speakers are legit. Blinkfeed could be a nice replacement for flipboard or pulse.

I'll def be purchasing. That is all. Attachment 1755308Attachment 1755309

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

You make me sick......

With jealousy ! !

She looks dam good can't wait to get my hands on it.

Thanks for the info and pics.
The Following User Says Thank You to tiboric For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 12:27 AM   |  #6  
RCJ89's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag london, UK
Thanks Meter: 222
 
759 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiboric

You make me sick......

With jealousy ! !

She looks dam good can't wait to get my hands on it.

Thanks for the info and pics.

I have had the luxury of playing with it also, wonderful phone.
24th February 2013, 01:03 AM   |  #7  
vegetaleb's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 849
 
5,663 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
More
Re: Played with the One!
How's the volume output from the speakers? I mean is it at last louder than sensation and onex for ringtones?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
24th February 2013, 01:07 AM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 80
 
157 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Re: Played with the One!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegetaleb

How's the volume output from the speakers? I mean is it at last louder than sensation and onex for ringtones?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

It is loud. All your going to get out of speakers that size without blowing them up

sent from HTC ONE using xda premium
24th February 2013, 04:24 AM   |  #9  
ErikWithNoC's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Maine
Thanks Meter: 57
 
428 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Could you give any detailed impressions about Sense 5 in terms of UI? I've tried to watch as many videos of the HTC One I can find to see what it looks like, but I'd like to hear some specific impressions. I liked parts of Sense 4 (black font on white backgrounds), but absolutely hated the green they used frequently throughout the UI. It appears that Sense 5 uses blue more, gets rid of the textures on the blacks, and sticks with the black/white combo.

Could you give your impressions of it? How does the threaded messaging UI look like? Are there still green bubbles? Phone+Contacts UI? Any details you can give would be welcome
24th February 2013, 05:45 AM   |  #10  
Chillz88's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 366
 
1,318 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Re: Played with the One!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikWithNoC

Could you give any detailed impressions about Sense 5 in terms of UI? I've tried to watch as many videos of the HTC One I can find to see what it looks like, but I'd like to hear some specific impressions. I liked parts of Sense 4 (black font on white backgrounds), but absolutely hated the green they used frequently throughout the UI. It appears that Sense 5 uses blue more, gets rid of the textures on the blacks, and sticks with the black/white combo.

Could you give your impressions of it? How does the threaded messaging UI look like? Are there still green bubbles? Phone+Contacts UI? Any details you can give would be welcome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSwZ...e_gdata_player

Check this video out.. They show you the mesaging and phone app in this..

Tapatalkedddd...!!!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chillz88 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in One General by ThreadRank