Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,105 Members 51,943 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Played with the One!

Tip us?

CraigP17
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 102
Default Played with the One!

So I got to play with the international version. It was running on att hspa+ network.

Phone felt great. Physically amazing. Amazing screen. Big HTC fan for years even though I'm using a Galaxy device. The new sense is nice. Front speakers are legit. Blinkfeed could be a nice replacement for flipboard or pulse.

I'll def be purchasing. That is all. Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361655286943.jpg
Views:	1907
Size:	192.9 KB
ID:	1755308Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361655298973.jpg
Views:	1948
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	1755309

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium
HTC One (m8)
www.DroidMatters.com

Find me on
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CraigP17 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Maedhros
Old
Thanks Meter 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpcrazyfly View Post
So I got to play with the international version. It was running on att hspa+ network.

Phone felt great. Physically amazing. Amazing screen. Big HTC fan for years even though I'm using a Galaxy device. The new sense is nice. Front speakers are legit. Blinkfeed could be a nice replacement for flipboard or pulse.

I'll def be purchasing. That is all. Attachment 1755308Attachment 1755309

Very cool

Any comparisons? How did it feel in hard versus an Iphone?

CraigP17
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 102
Default Re: Played with the One!

I let a few of my iPhone employees touch it too... They all had their snobby comments about it looking like the iPhone it was light and felt like the iphone in that sense. The body really does feel great. As much as I loved last year's one x body design... This just feels so much nicer.

Best feature I found was the ability to do a full iCloud restore on the HTC One. Making it that much easier for iSheep to switch.

HTC One (m8)
www.DroidMatters.com

Find me on
The Following User Says Thank You to CraigP17 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JOSE89178
Old
Thanks Meter 30

Quote:
I let a few of my iPhone employees touch it too... They all had their snobby comments about it looking like the iPhone it was light and felt like the iphone in that sense. The body really does feel great. As much as I loved last year's one x body design... This just feels so much nicer.

Best feature I found was the ability to do a full iCloud restore on the HTC One. Making it that much easier for iSheep to switch.

Dang! I hate you! JK Where were you able to try it out?

Sent from my MB886 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to JOSE89178 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tiboric
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:

I'll def be purchasing. That is all. Attachment 1755308Attachment 1755309

You make me sick......

With jealousy ! !

She looks dam good can't wait to get my hands on it.

Thanks for the info and pics.
The Following User Says Thank You to tiboric For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RCJ89
Old
Thanks Meter 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiboric View Post
You make me sick......

With jealousy ! !

She looks dam good can't wait to get my hands on it.

Thanks for the info and pics.
I have had the luxury of playing with it also, wonderful phone.
Current Phones:
Samsung Galaxy S5 Black 16gb

Previous owned Favourite phones:
HTC One X white 32gb
HTC One S Black 16gb
HTC Sensation XE Black
Samsung Galaxy S2 Black 16gb
Sony Ericsson Xperia ARC Silver

vegetaleb
Old
Thanks Meter 833

How's the volume output from the speakers? I mean is it at last louder than sensation and onex for ringtones?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

djq
Old
Thanks Meter 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegetaleb View Post
How's the volume output from the speakers? I mean is it at last louder than sensation and onex for ringtones?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
It is loud. All your going to get out of speakers that size without blowing them up

sent from HTC ONE using xda premium
i may own a HTC but who needs to be able to swap a battery when you have 10400MAH of RAVPOWER lol

ErikWithNoC
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Could you give any detailed impressions about Sense 5 in terms of UI? I've tried to watch as many videos of the HTC One I can find to see what it looks like, but I'd like to hear some specific impressions. I liked parts of Sense 4 (black font on white backgrounds), but absolutely hated the green they used frequently throughout the UI. It appears that Sense 5 uses blue more, gets rid of the textures on the blacks, and sticks with the black/white combo.

Could you give your impressions of it? How does the threaded messaging UI look like? Are there still green bubbles? Phone+Contacts UI? Any details you can give would be welcome
Phones: iPhone 3GS < Samsung Focus < iPhone 4 < Lumia 900 < HTC One X < Nexus 4 < HTC One!

Chillz88
Old
Thanks Meter 363

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikWithNoC View Post
Could you give any detailed impressions about Sense 5 in terms of UI? I've tried to watch as many videos of the HTC One I can find to see what it looks like, but I'd like to hear some specific impressions. I liked parts of Sense 4 (black font on white backgrounds), but absolutely hated the green they used frequently throughout the UI. It appears that Sense 5 uses blue more, gets rid of the textures on the blacks, and sticks with the black/white combo.

Could you give your impressions of it? How does the threaded messaging UI look like? Are there still green bubbles? Phone+Contacts UI? Any details you can give would be welcome
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSwZ...e_gdata_player

Check this video out.. They show you the mesaging and phone app in this..

Tapatalkedddd...!!!!!
Htc one > galaxy s4 - sold >Galaxy s3 - sold> Galaxy note - sold >galaxy s2- confiscated > HTC sensation- sold > HTC desire hd - sold > galaxy s- sold`

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chillz88 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]