GMD GestureControl Gets Lollipop Support

GMD GestureControl is an app that allows you to control your (rooted) devices with multitouch … more

Xiaomi Finally Releases Kernel Sources

If you are familiar with Xiaomi, you might have heard that they are not the most compliant when … more

SwipeBack for Xposed Updated with Lollipop Compatibility

When the Xposed Framework was announced for Android Lollipop, most modules … more

One M9 Firmware Guide & Collection

While it is still under construction, XDA Recognized Contributor herwegan‘s thread will … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Overheat issue

23rd February 2013, 09:53 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 5
 
105 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Hey guys
I just downloaded jurassic park game and when it's running my cpu goes up to 72 degrees. I'm guessing it's a little too hot right? What should be the maximum that I shouldn't cross? And also what kind of damage does this high heat do to the phone?

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app
23rd February 2013, 10:11 PM |#2  
Venomtester's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Columbia
Thanks Meter: 987
 
955 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by greganka

Hey guys
I just downloaded jurassic park game and when it's running my cpu goes up to 72 degrees. I'm guessing it's a little too hot right? What should be the maximum that I shouldn't cross? And also what kind of damage does this high heat do to the phone?

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

I think the highest is around 158 degrees. I would try not to go over 110.
AT&T HTC OneX
Android 4.1.1
ViperXL 3.2.3

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by greganka

Hey guys
I just downloaded jurassic park game and when it's running my cpu goes up to 72 degrees. I'm guessing it's a little too hot right? What should be the maximum that I shouldn't cross? And also what kind of damage does this high heat do to the phone?

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

As for the damage, it can fry the internal components of the phone.
AT&T HTC OneX
Android 4.1.1
ViperXL 3.2.3
23rd February 2013, 11:06 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 5
 
105 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Re: Overheat issue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomtester

I think the highest is around 158 degrees. I would try not to go over 110.
AT&T HTC OneX
Android 4.1.1
ViperXL 3.2.3

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------



As for the damage, it can fry the internal components of the phone.
AT&T HTC OneX
Android 4.1.1
ViperXL 3.2.3

I'm talking about Celsius. So it's about 161-2 F

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app
23rd February 2013, 11:14 PM |#4  
Venomtester's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Columbia
Thanks Meter: 987
 
955 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by greganka

I'm talking about Celsius. So it's about 161-2 F

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

Correct.
AT&T HTC OneX
Android 4.1.1
ViperXL 3.2.3
23rd February 2013, 11:18 PM |#5  
ECEXCURSION's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Minneapolis, MN
Thanks Meter: 527
 
2,253 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Re: Overheat issue
I love it when no one qualifies their measurements with units.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
23rd February 2013, 11:27 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag san fran california
Thanks Meter: 448
 
1,146 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
That's pretty fricken hot
23rd February 2013, 11:52 PM |#7  
Venomtester's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Columbia
Thanks Meter: 987
 
955 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by a box of kittens

That's pretty fricken hot

About 50 degrees "Fahrenheit" to hot. I am surprised it is still running.
AT&T HTC One X
Android 4.1.1
ViperXL 3.2.3
23rd February 2013, 11:54 PM |#8  
ECEXCURSION's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Minneapolis, MN
Thanks Meter: 527
 
2,253 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Re: Overheat issue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomtester

About 50 degrees "Fahrenheit" to hot. I am surprised it is still running.
AT&T HTC One X
Android 4.1.1
ViperXL 3.2.3

Compared to what? 50 degrees Fahrenheit isn't hot.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
24th February 2013, 12:04 AM |#9  
Venomtester's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Columbia
Thanks Meter: 987
 
955 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECEXCURSION

Compared to what? 50 degrees Fahrenheit isn't hot.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

50 degrees too hot. Over what it should be. Higher than it should get. More than a safe temperature. 50 degrees " Fahrenheit " toooooooo Hot.
AT&T HTC One X
Android 4.1.1
ViperXL 3.2.3
24th February 2013, 12:25 AM |#10  
ECEXCURSION's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Minneapolis, MN
Thanks Meter: 527
 
2,253 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Re: Overheat issue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomtester

50 degrees too hot. Over what it should be. Higher than it should get. More than a safe temperature. 50 degrees " Fahrenheit " toooooooo Hot.
AT&T HTC One X
Android 4.1.1
ViperXL 3.2.3

Ah... This is where proper spelling really helps. The word "too" means too hot.

Anyway 72 degrees Celsius doesn't sound that bad.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes