5,606,409 Members 33,585 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Overheat issue

Tip us?

Venomtester
Old
(Last edited by Venomtester; 24th February 2013 at 12:51 AM.)
Thanks Meter 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECEXCURSION View Post
Ah... This is where proper spelling really helps. The word "too" means too hot.

Anyway 72 degrees Celsius doesn't sound that bad.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
Pardon my typo please. 72 degrees Celsius = 161.6 degrees Fahrenheit. That's slightly warm. 113 degrees Fahrenheit is considered dangerous and at 100 degrees Celsius you can boil water.
AT&T HTC OneX
Android 4.1.1
ViperXL

ECEXCURSION
Old
Thanks Meter 520
Default Re: Overheat issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomtester View Post
Pardon my typo please. 72 degrees Celsius = 161.6 degrees Fahrenheit. That's slightly warm. 113 degrees Fahrenheit is considered dangerous.
AT&T HTC OneX
Android 4.1.1
ViperXL
First off, if we're discussing computer components and temperature thresholds we use Celsius (This phone falls into that category). This is universal, and helps to avoid confusion. Secondly, 72 degrees celsius is perfectly fine for silicon the cpu is made out of. The cpu will also throttle itself down to avoid damage due to heat. The real concern is whether the battery is getting too hot. The hotter the battery, the shorter the potential lifespan.

Now, whether anyone is going to pull up a datasheet for either of these two components is an entirely different matter. Hopefully someone does.

Current Phone: HTC One (T-Mobile)
Previous Phones: HTC One XL w/ CleanROM 6 R2 & ElementalX-6.4, HTC Aria w/ Liberated 2.2.2, Motorola PEBL

My HTC One vs One XL Review
My HTC One XL battery life eats your battery life...

Venomtester
Old
Thanks Meter 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECEXCURSION View Post
First off, if we're discussing computer components and temperature thresholds we use Celsius (This phone falls into that category). This is universal, and helps to avoid confusion. Secondly, 72 degrees celsius is perfectly fine for silicon the cpu is made out of. The cpu will also throttle itself down to avoid damage due to heat. The real concern is whether the battery is getting too hot. The hotter the battery, the shorter the potential lifespan.

Now, whether anyone is going to pull up a datasheet for either of these two components is an entirely different matter. Hopefully someone does.

As for the celsius being universal, thank you for telling me. That I did not know. But I am not going to pull my phone apart to get the code number off the cpu lol. Thanks.
AT&T HTC OneX
Android 4.1.1
ViperXL 3.2.3

ECEXCURSION
Old
Thanks Meter 520

Lol sorry, bored on a Saturday night.

Current Phone: HTC One (T-Mobile)
Previous Phones: HTC One XL w/ CleanROM 6 R2 & ElementalX-6.4, HTC Aria w/ Liberated 2.2.2, Motorola PEBL

My HTC One vs One XL Review
My HTC One XL battery life eats your battery life...
The Following User Says Thank You to ECEXCURSION For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Venomtester
Old
Thanks Meter 654

It's all good lol. No harm done.