Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,143 Members 52,392 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Kayboard Dock USB port

Tip us?

ciscozest
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Drive [Q] Kayboard Dock USB port

I just bought USB type A to Type A cable with hope to be able to view the share folder in my Asus TF700 via keyboard dock however I could not get it work. These are the tests:
1. use USB type A to type A cable connected between tf700 keyboard dock's USB port and my PC USB -> NOT working, unable to detect any storage folder
2. use portable HDD and connect it to the tf700 keyboard dock's USB port - NO PROBLEM. the TF700 is able to detect my USB storage
3. use the original USB charger (40 pin) cable from Asus and connect the other end (USB) to my PC. NO PROBLEM it works and this is how I transfer the files so far.

Does anyone know if the test 1 above should work?
thanks

MartyHulskemper
Old
Thanks Meter 365
Default Re: [Q] Kayboard Dock USB port

I do not think it should work, because the USB port on (y)our dock is a USB Host -- it's designed to make USB memory and external harddisks available to the system, not the other way around. That's why the 40-pin interface does that.
"Professionals are predictable, but the world is full of amateurs."
-- Murphy's Military Laws, as referenced on http://www.military-info.com/freebies/murphy.htm

"The skill of accurate perception is called cynicism by those who don't possess it."
-- Alan Millar
The Following User Says Thank You to MartyHulskemper For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]