Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,397 Members 47,345 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM-AOSP] Unofficial CM10.2 (JB 4.3.1) [11/15 CM REFRESH]

Tip us?

Hashcode
Old
(Last edited by Hashcode; 15th November 2013 at 10:49 AM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 21967

DONATE TO ME
Default [ROM-AOSP] Unofficial CM10.2 (JB 4.3.1) [11/15 CM REFRESH]

Unofficial CyanogenMod 10.2 for the Kindle Fire HD 7"

*** USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! WHILE I TRY MY BEST TO PROVIDE WORKING KERNELS/ROMS, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF THIS SOFTWARE OR ANYTHING I'VE WORKED ON SUDDENLY FRIES YOUR DEVICE. ***

BEFORE YOU BEGIN MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A 2ND-BOOTLOADER INSTALLED CORRECTLY AND CAN SEE THE BLUE LOGO DURING BOOTUP:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2128848

NOTE: In this build I do not have the HBOGO or Voice Plus patches yet.

Download Information:
[LATEST][11/15] BETA CM10.2 + 3.0.50+ KERNEL
Mirror 1: Download (Goo.im)
Mirror 2: Download (Crackflasher)
md5sum: a84b02121236bef1e55fe6afede8f320

[08/12] BETA CM10.2 + 3.0.50+ KERNEL
Mirror 1: http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/tate/cm1...ICIAL-tate.zip
md5sum: c1b26682ef8cc8e0d087e242b74eecbf

[07/31] BETA CM10.2 + 3.0.50+ KERNEL
Mirror 1: http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/tate/cm1...ICIAL-tate.zip
md5sum: 61ecbf61297a4b03a325638a55859398

Older builds can be found in the same folder on goo.im:
http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/tate/cm10.2/

Download Google Apps:
http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/gapps
(For Android 4.3)

PLEASE BE SURE TO WIPE SYSTEM & DATA/CACHE (FACTORY RESET) WHEN COMING FROM AMAZON STOCK SOFTWARE.
(It's the "Wipe" button and then "System" and then "Factory Reset" button in TWRP -- this does NOT clear your sdcard space)

Be aware that the "sdcard" space has changed slightly from ICS to JB4.2. You will find your stock amazon OS files in /data/media/ or "sdcard" on the Stock OS. But CM10.1 will create a sub directory "/data/media/0" and call that "sdcard". And in TWRP it will also use "data/media/0" as "sdcard". This has to do with multi-user settings. So when placing files on the "sdcard" be sure to check both locations before wondering why that file is missing.

CHANGES (always includes CM changes):
  • [11/15] SElinux now included in the kernel and set to permissive. I don't recommend turning it to enforcing as I'm still debugging the "deny" messages.
  • [08/12] Includes a Trebuchet patch to fix the screen flip-flop when trying to drag an icon in landscape (by XDA user Wickets^)
  • [08/12] All new "from source" sensor driver
  • [08/12] Temp. disable light sensor (due to recode of sensor driver)
  • [07/31] First CM10.2 build

FEATURES / WORKING:
  • 3.0.50 kernel (up from a stock 3.0.8 kernel). This includes updates from Texas Instruments, Google and Kernel.org.
  • PowerVR Graphics Drivers: DDK 1.9@2291151 for Android (Jellybean compatible)
  • Audio
  • Camera
  • Wifi
  • Bluetooth
  • Sensors
  • HWAcceleration
  • HD Codecs for YouTubeHD and Netflix
  • HDMI video out is now correct and work across several resolutions. YMMV

DEVS
BUILDING THIS ROM:

First, read through Google's Android website about "how to setup a build environment":
http://source.android.com/source/initializing.html

[ COMING SOON ]

SCREEN SHOTS:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2013-08-01-112449.jpg
Views:	6530
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	2158269  
The Following 59 Users Say Thank You to Hashcode For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hashcode
Old
(Last edited by Hashcode; 15th November 2013 at 09:28 AM.)
Thanks Meter 21967

DONATE TO ME
CURRENT KNOWN ISSUES:
  • When long pressing icons in landscape mode to move them, etc the screen will flip upside down for a moment and right itself. This causes the action to be aborted.
  • Rotation selection in games is hit and miss. Some work perfectly and some like to flip the device upside down. Still debugging what is causing this.
  • AUDIO: Any decoder which uses Dolby surround current has a lower volume than the rest of the system (Netflix, Google Movies, etc). It's a WIP.
  • AUDIO: Headset volume still may be lowish. Testing better ways of increasing volume w/o distortion. It's a WIP.
  • Sensors: Testing various sensors, gyro seems 90 degrees off, etc.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Hashcode For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

irish_711
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Holy Crap, this is amazing!!! Thank you, Hashcode!!! The work you put into your devices is 2nd to none!

Gilly10
Old
Thanks Meter 151
Thanks Hashcode, great work
Current Devices:
--------------------------
Nexus 7 2012 (KK 4.4.4)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 (KK 4.4.2)
Acer Iconia B1-710 (JB 4.1.2)
Samsung Galaxy Ace (CM 9.2)
Samsung Galaxy Y (GB 2.3.6)

--------------------------

persano
Old
(Last edited by persano; 1st August 2013 at 10:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 245
i dont understand that thing of bionic libraries, can we take them from galaxy nexus? or it is imposible, i never heard of this before, thatīs why i m asking this questions. and there are any important changes of performance in android 4.3 ? send me the build.prop, i m going to remove trim for this version, because android 4.3 has it

Help a Good Cause http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2666458 Help us releasing the kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to persano For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

imna357
Old
Thanks Meter 10

DONATE TO ME
Gee wizzz, nice. Thanks a lot HASH:thumbup:

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using xda app-developers app

Hashcode
Old
Thanks Meter 21967

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by persano View Post
i dont understand that thing of bionic libraries, can we take them from galaxy nexus? or it is imposible, i never heard of this before, thatīs why i m asking this questions. and there are any important changes of performance in android 4.3 ? send me the build.prop, i m going to remove trim for this version, because android 4.3 has it
I'm sure the bionic libs will get optimized for OMAP eventually. The version of Android rolling to the GNex is the same as this.

I would imagine that their performance benchmarks dropped as well.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hashcode For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AthieN
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Any idea why I would be getting "Unable to parse data" errors in Titanium when trying to restore my apps after updating? I made a fresh backup beforehand, updated and now I can't restore... Tried every option I could think of, including setting permissions, etc. and nothing is working.

Sent from my SPH-L710
Device: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint
Current ROM: Depends on the day!

south956
Old
Thanks Meter 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by AthieN View Post
Any idea why I would be getting "Unable to parse data" errors in Titanium when trying to restore my apps after updating? I made a fresh backup beforehand, updated and now I can't restore... Tried every option I could think of, including setting permissions, etc. and nothing is working.

Sent from my SPH-L710
The old backup was for 4.2.2 apps and the system, the new 4.3 has different data and system info which is incompatible backwards. I'm running PA 4.3 and I get the same message also if you try selecting data only the system presents you with a warning that ROM might become unstable. That's my 2Ē.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

CoB_Mike
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by south956 View Post
The old backup was for 4.2.2 apps and the system, the new 4.3 has different data and system info which is incompatible backwards. I'm running PA 4.3 and I get the same message also if you try selecting data only the system presents you with a warning that ROM might become unstable. That's my 2Ē.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Worth upgrading right now from original Hascode release?