FORUMS

XDA Office Space: Frankenstein’s Perfect IM Client?

The portal’s decentralized XDA office lies in a Hangouts chatroom, where … more

Which IM Client on Android is best?

With so many different messengers to choose from, it can be tough to find the best one for you and … more

Android Factory Reset Security Flaw and More – XDA TV

Nvidia is releasing a 500Gb SHIELD TV Pro! That and much more news is … more

Android M Code Name: Macadamia Nut Cookie

While the official name for the latest iteration of Android has yet to be revealed, the code … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Kernel Question

24th February 2013, 02:42 AM |#1  
OP Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
I am extremely new to rom flashing. I studied and was able to flash Viperxl 3.2.3 to my HTC one X. The question is: What would be the best sense based kernel to use with this rom and what would I use to control the the clock and voltage for battery and performance.
HTC One X Evita
Will work for bacon.
 
 
24th February 2013, 02:55 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag san fran california
Thanks Meter: 448
 
More
Elemental 5.0 is good and you can use the cpu tab in viper tweaks app
24th February 2013, 03:02 AM |#3  
OP Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by a box of kittens

Elemental 5.0 is good and you can use the cpu tab in viper tweaks app

I just flash boot image and wipe cache? "Hboot 1.14"
HTC OneX Evita
Will work for bacon.
24th February 2013, 03:05 AM |#4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPBacon

I just flash boot image and wipe cache? "Hboot 1.14"
HTC OneX Evita
Will work for bacon.

You have to flash it through fastboot on your computer if your phone isn't S-OFF.
24th February 2013, 03:08 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag san fran california
Thanks Meter: 448
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPBacon

I just flash boot image and wipe cache? "Hboot 1.14"
HTC OneX Evita
Will work for bacon.

Go do s off procedure takes two minutes and painless
24th February 2013, 03:21 AM |#6  
OP Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by a box of kittens

Go do s off procedure takes two minutes and painless

S-Off? Downgrade hboot? I will have to study that a few days. I do not want to end up back on here screaming for help lol. Thanks for the advice.
HTC OneX Evita
Will work for bacon.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChrisPBacon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 03:23 AM |#7  
ronnie498's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag XDA
Thanks Meter: 2,777
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPBacon

S-Off? I will have to study that a few days. I do not want to end up back on here screaming for help lol. Thanks for the advice.
HTC OneX Evita
Will work for bacon.

"Best advice is read the instructions a couple of times", like he said it's really easy to do
24th February 2013, 03:27 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Flag san fran california
Thanks Meter: 448
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPBacon

S-Off? Downgrade hboot? I will have to study that a few days. I do not want to end up back on here screaming for help lol. Thanks for the advice.
HTC OneX Evita
Will work for bacon.

I suggest you read those instructions a few times..but after that flashing becomes a breeze and no you would not need to dowgrade your hboot if you s off
24th February 2013, 03:36 AM |#9  
OP Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by a box of kittens

I suggest you read those instructions a few times..but after that flashing becomes a breeze and no you would not need to dowgrade your hboot if you s off

Thanks. I will study before I attempt to do it. It took about three weeks of reading everything I could find on here before I flashed the rom. After reading all these posts, I understand the importance of doing it right the first time.
HTC OneX Evita
Will work for bacon.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChrisPBacon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 04:29 AM |#10  
Junior Member
Flag SAO PAULO
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Help with a doubt
Hello, please i need a help for update

I want to install "CleanROM JL Beta 1 -★| Jellybean 4.1.1 | Clean | Fast! |★- "

I can download, put in the memory cell, and installing by TWRP?
or have to extract the boot.img and install by GooManager.

<http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2136403>


My Phone:

HTC ONE X AT&T
ROM: CLEAN ROM 5.1
Kernel 3.0.8
Baseband 0.19as
Build Number 2.20
Hboot 1.14
TWRP 2.4.1


Sorry if I have written something wrong, I have read the forum much,however I still encounter difficulties in some things


Thanks to all
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes