Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,832 Members 50,597 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Kernel Question

Tip us?

Venomtester
Old
Thanks Meter 910
Quote:
Originally Posted by binhujorda View Post
Hello, please i need a help for update

I want to install "CleanROM JL Beta 1 -★| Jellybean 4.1.1 | Clean | Fast! |★- "

I can download, put in the memory cell, and installing by TWRP?
or have to extract the boot.img and install by GooManager.

<http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2136403>

My Phone:

HTC ONE X AT&T
ROM: CLEAN ROM 5.1
Kernel 3.0.8
Baseband 0.19as
Build Number 2.20
Hboot 1.14
TWRP 2.4.1

Sorry if I have written something wrong, I have read the forum much,however I still encounter difficulties in some things

Thanks to all
Extract the boot image from the zip file. Place the boot image and the "complete zip file" on your phones sd. Go into recovery, do wipe, flash boot image, then flash zip file. Reboot.
AT&T HTC OneX
Android 4.1.1
ViperXL 3.2.3
The Following User Says Thank You to Venomtester For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

a box of kittens
Old
Thanks Meter 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomtester View Post
Extract the boot image from the zip file. Place the boot image and the "complete zip file" on your phones sd. Go into recovery, do wipe, flash boot image, then flash zip file. Reboot.
AT&T HTC OneX
Android 4.1.1
ViperXL 3.2.3
Those steps are a little misleading...
Here he should not place the boot.img on the sd

---------- Post added at 05:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 AM ----------

Flashing boot img through fastboot...
download the file in the link which above which will include adb and fastboot....put that on your computer somewhere you can find it.. now take the boot image out of the Rom zip and place it in that folder... Boot your phone into bootloader scroll down and select fastboot and now open a command prompt with in the fastbootbadb folder on your comp and type to command without the quotes "fastboot flash boot boot.img"...now go wipe in recovery and install the Rom it doesn't matter if you keep the boot img in the Rom zip or not

---------- Post added at 05:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 AM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...5&d=1344782533
Here is the right link
The Following User Says Thank You to a box of kittens For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

binhujorda
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by a box of kittens View Post
Those steps are a little misleading...
Here he should not place the boot.img on the sd

---------- Post added at 05:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 AM ----------

Flashing boot img through fastboot...
download the file in the link which above which will include adb and fastboot....put that on your computer somewhere you can find it.. now take the boot image out of the Rom zip and place it in that folder... Boot your phone into bootloader scroll down and select fastboot and now open a command prompt with in the fastbootbadb folder on your comp and type to command without the quotes "fastboot flash boot boot.img"...now go wipe in recovery and install the Rom it doesn't matter if you keep the boot img in the Rom zip or not

---------- Post added at 05:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 AM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...5&d=1344782533
Here is the right link
I can flashing the boot img by the application "Flash Image Gui " and the rest by TWRP ?

redpoint73
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2793
Quote:
Originally Posted by binhujorda View Post
I can flashing the boot img by the application "Flash Image Gui " and the rest by TWRP ?
Yes.

Flash boot.img with Flash Image GUI, or with fastboot.

Flash the whole ROM zip in TWRP.

Note: When you say "the rest", it implies you removed boot.img. It should still be in the zip. The zip should be fully intact, just as you downloaded it.
Please click the "Thanks" button if you found a post helpful!

Phone: AT&T HTC One (M8)

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (WiFi only)
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint73 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

binhujorda
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73 View Post
Yes.

Flash boot.img with Flash Image GUI, or with fastboot.

Flash the whole ROM zip in TWRP.

Note: When you say "the rest", it implies you removed boot.img. It should still be in the zip. The zip should be fully intact, just as you downloaded it.
Excellent, thank you, took away all my doubts. .