Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,588 Members 47,484 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

USB Data Cable

Tip us?

gade12
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 76
Plug USB Data Cable

Hi.
I have broken a little the data cable(fisure in base of micro usb part)
Charging works but...i think it will break completely and i dont risk to flash roms with this fisure.
So where can i buy one original from htc? without a lot of expensive? I live in spain.
Thanks!
Devices:
  • Omnia i900 The Dark Sense WM 6.5.3/6.5.5 <<23699-23569-28244>>
  • HTC HD2 EU CM7/9/10 & MIUI (SD/NAND) & WP7 XBmod-Yuki 7720/pdaimatejam 8835 & Sense 3.0/3.5 (SD/NAND) & ICS (SD/NAND) & JB/PA & MokeeOS & LewaOS & QiSS
SD: Samsung microSDHC 16GB Class 10 (Read:24 MB/s | Write: 21 MB/s)
  • IpodTouch 1 gen whited00r v5.2.1(Apple policies...)
  • Galaxy Tab 10.1 OmniRom by kasper_h
I have ORD

Rick_1995
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by gade12 View Post
Hi.
I have broken a little the data cable(fisure in base of micro usb part)
Charging works but...i think it will break completely and i dont risk to flash roms with this fisure.
So where can i buy one original from htc? without a lot of expensive? I live in spain.
Thanks!
It's a standard Micro USB-B cable, you can use any standard compliant cable unless you're in for the *htc* bling. I use a blackberry USB cable for my HD2 and it works just as well as the one which came in the box with the phone.

gade12
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_1995 View Post
It's a standard Micro USB-B cable, you can use any standard compliant cable unless you're in for the *htc* bling. I use a blackberry USB cable for my HD2 and it works just as well as the one which came in the box with the phone.
So...can i flash roms with a bb usb cable? I have bb working with usb cable of LG...and if you say it is standard cable i understand why it works...

Edit: I have test bb cable and it charge battery and usb storage works so...can i flash roms with this cable?
Devices:
  • Omnia i900 The Dark Sense WM 6.5.3/6.5.5 <<23699-23569-28244>>
  • HTC HD2 EU CM7/9/10 & MIUI (SD/NAND) & WP7 XBmod-Yuki 7720/pdaimatejam 8835 & Sense 3.0/3.5 (SD/NAND) & ICS (SD/NAND) & JB/PA & MokeeOS & LewaOS & QiSS
SD: Samsung microSDHC 16GB Class 10 (Read:24 MB/s | Write: 21 MB/s)
  • IpodTouch 1 gen whited00r v5.2.1(Apple policies...)
  • Galaxy Tab 10.1 OmniRom by kasper_h
I have ORD

soble
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by gade12 View Post
So...can i flash roms with a bb usb cable? I have bb working with usb cable of LG...and if you say it is standard cable i understand why it works...

Edit: I have test bb cable and it charge battery and usb storage works so...can i flash roms with this cable?
Of course Micro Usb data cable is for all devices which support Microusb
Its just moving data so there some cables that dont have chargefunction but almost are not

Don't worry
I have Htc,Lg,Samsung usbcables and all of them works well while im flashing roms
The Following User Says Thank You to soble For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]