Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,351 Members 41,038 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Why do us U.S users get the VERY short end of the LONG stick ???

Tip us?

AppzTheGawd
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default [Q] Why do us U.S users get the VERY short end of the LONG stick ???

I've had a gs2 and a gs3 all T-mobile. Why is it that we U.S users get done so dirty when it come to updates, fine tuning lol customer service etc etc. We pay as much as the next guy (most of us) for our "high end" phones If apple does do one thing well it's delivering their boring IOS updates to the rest of their devices. I still know people with a galaxy s, and if you think we are going to get a 4.1.2 update before the s4 comes out you are sadly mistaken. If i pay 500 + for a device I at least want it to be relevant for some time. Even the specs of the international why is it we are the mentally challenged little brother. I know each carrier has to add their bloatware and stuff on to the updates but that never even happens.Things need to change call me a crybaby but I work for my money like every one else and am tired of it being a great investment for only 6 months. Do they all want us to go get an iphone before they stop treating us like sheep with wallets. Let me know if i'm wrong or what you think.
The Following User Says Thank You to AppzTheGawd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Pennycake
Old
Thanks Meter 160
What does iOS have to do with US vs Non-US customers ? iOS is made for ONE family of devices, all with the same hardware per iteration and Apple only have to worry about that one family, with is like... what... maybe four different phones being actively supported at this point ?

If OS updates are your priority, get the Nexus 4 or another "nexus" device - then you'll get updates with iOS frequency and support. It depends on what is important to you.

I'd rather have the 2Gb RAM than the quadcore.

Developers do a great job of keeping a phone "alive" and making it even better than stock so I think it's a safe bet that any popular device (like the S3) will have a long "second life" in development even after official updates are no longer pushed.
Sent from my HAF 912 i5-3450 HD 6870 using Google Chrome

AppzTheGawd
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default Re: [Q] Why do us U.S users get the VERY short end of the LONG stick ???

Reason why I was coating iOS was that international or us you have the same specs as the next guy and they still update their iOS on outdated devices my s3 can't even get an update an we aren't even outdated yet. Yes developers do a lot and I love em, but you can only do so much example multiwindow. Imagine if our u.s developers had a premium suite to play with. They are teasing us showing us what our phone are supposed to be.... There is a diff in thinking you can be better than knowing you can be better. On that note the international s3 just got a 4.2.1 leaked update where is our 4.1.2 official update. Imagine when the devs get a hold of that update.. And ppl think we are going to see key lime pie when we can't even get 4.1.2. Even int s2 can compete with the u.s s3 smh

Sent from my SGH-T999

monkeypaws
Old
Thanks Meter 420
Default Re: [Q] Why do us U.S users get the VERY short end of the LONG stick ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennycake View Post
What does iOS have to do with US vs Non-US customers ? iOS is made for ONE family of devices, all with the same hardware per iteration and Apple only have to worry about that one family, with is like... what... maybe four different phones being actively supported at this point ?

If OS updates are your priority, get the Nexus 4 or another "nexus" device - then you'll get updates with iOS frequency and support. It depends on what is important to you.

I'd rather have the 2Gb RAM than the quadcore.

Developers do a great job of keeping a phone "alive" and making it even better than stock so I think it's a safe bet that any popular device (like the S3) will have a long "second life" in development even after official updates are no longer pushed.
I think to sum up what the other guy said, id say not a lot of people know about sites like xda , while others who do choose not to root because they are scared to mess up their phone or dont want to deal with it. I do feel his pain that here in the us we dont get as much love as others do that own the intl version. Id say its a pretty sad response to say "get a nexus". 0people get a certain type of phone for a reason. Id love the nexus for the updates but screw tryinf to cradle that thing like a babt bwcause of the glass back and no sd card support. If the sgs line gor frequent updates it would def make it a more killer phone. Samsung really needs to do something about that if they completely want to wipe out the competition. Regulate the us counterparts a kittle better as to bloat and such.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to monkeypaws For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AppzTheGawd
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14

Like my bro says "Zactly".

Sent from my SGH-T999
The Following User Says Thank You to AppzTheGawd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chronos7
Old
Thanks Meter 3

I agree that their should be more updates like other countries... If Google ever officially makes their own phone, that will take care of the problem

The Following User Says Thank You to chronos7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AppzTheGawd
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14

I rooted my devices since I had a s2. Roms are great but name me one ROM that has all the 4.1.2 over the air updates. Roms are truly great when dev's have an official update and they can pimp it out.

Sent from my SGH-T999

Pennycake
Old
Thanks Meter 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypaws View Post
I think to sum up what the other guy said, id say not a lot of people know about sites like xda , while others who do choose not to root because they are scared to mess up their phone or dont want to deal with it. I do feel his pain that here in the us we dont get as much love as others do that own the intl version. Id say its a pretty sad response to say "get a nexus". 0people get a certain type of phone for a reason. Id love the nexus for the updates but screw tryinf to cradle that thing like a babt bwcause of the glass back and no sd card support. If the sgs line gor frequent updates it would def make it a more killer phone. Samsung really needs to do something about that if they completely want to wipe out the competition. Regulate the us counterparts a kittle better as to bloat and such.

If the OP is arguing that Apple is the ideal, I think a comparison to the current Nexus line is accurate. Lack of choice is one reason for faster updates - Apple doesn't have to implement it's OS with vastly different processors between US and International versions like with the S3. And Samsung makes a TON of different phones. Pros and cons. If a person doesn't want to try custom ROMs, I'd argue that the majority of customers don't even know or really care what Android version they're running. I think "knows what flashing I'd, but too afraid to do it" is a small camp between xda and the average consumer who only cares that the phone "just works".

Sent from my HAF 912 i5-3450 HD 6870 using Google Chrome

AppzTheGawd
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14

But for the ppl that do know what version they are running and the miilions of videos that broadcast and promote specs that go way past the phone just working. Yeah I know u.s and int have diff specs, and what is the valid reason for that because I never seen one. I've been pimping my phone since I had the wing. Tech spec and rom vids are not for people who are satisfied with just a working phone. If all the phones had the same specs and then the carriers make their print it'd be cool.

Sent from my SGH-T999

bikrame
Old
Thanks Meter 455

Because they bring new phone for new software. And we buy new one because its their policy to sell new phone and they know we will not wait for updates.
Outside US they stick with same phone for years.

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe