FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Block a mp3 file from player?

488 posts
Thanks Meter: 84

By Dirtylarry11, Senior Member on 19th February 2013, 06:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello XDA, I have a few audiobooks that I have ripped from CD and put them on my phone as >mp3 files...does anyone know of a way to "block" them from the music player apps?...its annoying when you want to rock out going down the road and song is over and starts playing a chapter of my book...lol...maybe they could be renamed or something or converted into a diff format perhaps?..Any help is greatly appreciated...Dirty

19th February 2013, 08:25 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Re: Block a mp3 file from player?
Well I use Player Pro and I know there's a setting that let's you choose or restrict which directories the player will look for music. This option is definitely helpful as before I started taking advantage of it, sound bytes from downloaded games would appear in my list of songs.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app
19th February 2013, 08:31 PM |#3  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,336

More
+1 Get a real audio player (Poweramp).
19th February 2013, 08:38 PM |#4  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 3,136

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtylarry11

Hello XDA, I have a few audiobooks that I have ripped from CD and put them on my phone as >mp3 files...does anyone know of a way to "block" them from the music player apps?...its annoying when you want to rock out going down the road and song is over and starts playing a chapter of my book...lol...maybe they could be renamed or something or converted into a diff format perhaps?..Any help is greatly appreciated...Dirty

With out purchasing anything... make some playlist. Other wise get a poweramp as it has my vote too.
19th February 2013, 09:07 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 5,077

Donate to Me
More
Use some sort of file browser, browse to mp3 file. Place a period at the very beginning of the file name using the rename feature of the file browser.

Sent from my SGH-T999

"So I put my phone into airplane mode and threw it... worst transformer ever. -.-" -My friend
22nd February 2013, 05:20 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Get folder player app that will play directory you want.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app
24th February 2013, 11:48 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
You can download hideitpro from play store and hide the audiobooks that way.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)