T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

4.2.2 - Directv app issues

OP JPW1

24th February 2013, 10:33 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

62 posts
My nexus 10 has hardly any apps on it because I only use it for some very specific tasks and I hope to just keep it stable. One of the apps I do use is DirecTV to watch live TV. The only problem is once I updated to the latest OS version, 4.2.2, I have video and audio stuttering. Is there any way way to revert back to 4.2.1. Am I now forced to root if I want a solution?
24th February 2013, 10:46 AM   |  #2  
Flag Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 121

683 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPW1

My nexus 10 has hardly any apps on it because I only use it for some very specific tasks and I hope to just keep it stable. One of the apps I do use is DirecTV to watch live TV. The only problem is once I updated to the latest OS version, 4.2.2, I have video and audio stuttering. Is there any way way to revert back to 4.2.1. Am I now forced to root if I want a solution?

I think that if you want to go back to 4.2.1 stock you have to use one of those toolkits or flash it vida adb/fasboot, and if im not wrong, that will erase all your data.
24th February 2013, 10:51 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

62 posts
Thanks, but if I go that route wouldn't it best to root it? Doesn't rooting it offer greater stability? Is there a specific version that most consider to be the most stable?
24th February 2013, 11:07 AM   |  #4  
Flag Barcelona

683 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPW1

Thanks, but if I go that route wouldn't it best to root it? Doesn't rooting it offer greater stability? Is there a specific version that most consider to be the most stable?

Im not sure if you have to root or not, but if you use the toolkit, it will do whatever is needed automatically, you'll just have to press a number. There's isn't any version more stable than other, because some users experience problems with 4.2.1, and others with 4.2.2. For example I had wifi issues on 4.2.1 and now on 4.2.2 they are over, but some people has issues with 4.2.2 and didn't have with 4.2.1...
24th February 2013, 12:40 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 10

75 posts
Have you ever been able to watch live TV with the app? I've had the app for almost a year now and have come to the conclusion it just sucks on all android versions. About the only use I get out of it is the ability to set recordings.
24th February 2013, 12:47 PM   |  #6  
Flag Barcelona

683 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid_Junky

Have you ever been able to watch live TV with the app? I've had the app for almost a year now and have come to the conclusion it just sucks on all android versions. About the only use I get out of it is the ability to set recordings.

Haven't tried it, no idea if it's gonna work in Spain, i'll try it later, How is it called on the market?
24th February 2013, 02:24 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

62 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid_Junky

Yes, the majority of the time it worked great for me. It certainly wasn't perfect but live TV would work. Since 4.2.2 it never works properly, video is jerky and the audio is always trying to catch up.
24th February 2013, 02:25 PM   |  #8  
OP Member

62 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lKBZl

Im not sure if you have to root or not, but if you use the toolkit, it will do whatever is needed automatically, you'll just have to press a number. There's isn't any version more stable than other, because some users experience problems with 4.2.1, and others with 4.2.2. For example I had wifi issues on 4.2.1 and now on 4.2.2 they are over, but some people has issues with 4.2.2 and didn't have with 4.2.1...

Thanks for this. It id's all very new to me. Where doi get the toolkit?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread