Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,727 Members 51,920 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.2.2 - Directv app issues

Tip us?

JPW1
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default 4.2.2 - Directv app issues

My nexus 10 has hardly any apps on it because I only use it for some very specific tasks and I hope to just keep it stable. One of the apps I do use is DirecTV to watch live TV. The only problem is once I updated to the latest OS version, 4.2.2, I have video and audio stuttering. Is there any way way to revert back to 4.2.1. Am I now forced to root if I want a solution?

lKBZl
Old
Thanks Meter 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPW1 View Post
My nexus 10 has hardly any apps on it because I only use it for some very specific tasks and I hope to just keep it stable. One of the apps I do use is DirecTV to watch live TV. The only problem is once I updated to the latest OS version, 4.2.2, I have video and audio stuttering. Is there any way way to revert back to 4.2.1. Am I now forced to root if I want a solution?
I think that if you want to go back to 4.2.1 stock you have to use one of those toolkits or flash it vida adb/fasboot, and if im not wrong, that will erase all your data.

JPW1
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Thanks, but if I go that route wouldn't it best to root it? Doesn't rooting it offer greater stability? Is there a specific version that most consider to be the most stable?

lKBZl
Old
Thanks Meter 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPW1 View Post
Thanks, but if I go that route wouldn't it best to root it? Doesn't rooting it offer greater stability? Is there a specific version that most consider to be the most stable?
Im not sure if you have to root or not, but if you use the toolkit, it will do whatever is needed automatically, you'll just have to press a number. There's isn't any version more stable than other, because some users experience problems with 4.2.1, and others with 4.2.2. For example I had wifi issues on 4.2.1 and now on 4.2.2 they are over, but some people has issues with 4.2.2 and didn't have with 4.2.1...

Droid_Junky
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Have you ever been able to watch live TV with the app? I've had the app for almost a year now and have come to the conclusion it just sucks on all android versions. About the only use I get out of it is the ability to set recordings.

lKBZl
Old
Thanks Meter 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid_Junky View Post
Have you ever been able to watch live TV with the app? I've had the app for almost a year now and have come to the conclusion it just sucks on all android versions. About the only use I get out of it is the ability to set recordings.
Haven't tried it, no idea if it's gonna work in Spain, i'll try it later, How is it called on the market?

JPW1
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid_Junky View Post
Yes, the majority of the time it worked great for me. It certainly wasn't perfect but live TV would work. Since 4.2.2 it never works properly, video is jerky and the audio is always trying to catch up.

JPW1
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lKBZl View Post
Im not sure if you have to root or not, but if you use the toolkit, it will do whatever is needed automatically, you'll just have to press a number. There's isn't any version more stable than other, because some users experience problems with 4.2.1, and others with 4.2.2. For example I had wifi issues on 4.2.1 and now on 4.2.2 they are over, but some people has issues with 4.2.2 and didn't have with 4.2.1...
Thanks for this. It id's all very new to me. Where doi get the toolkit?