[DEV][Porting] Ubuntu Touch on Galaxy Note II (GT-N7100)

4th March 2013, 04:20 PM   |  #51  
Thanks Meter: 15

29 posts
More
Re: [DEV][Porting] Ubuntu Touch on Galaxy Note II (GT-N7100)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drapalyuk

about font rendering i have already written in n7000 thread
for wifi fix just necessary to load the driver.
actually i try to track all changes on git hub.
I hope this can help.

It really helps me to port Ubuntu to I9300! Thank you!
5th March 2013, 01:24 AM   |  #52  
Forum Moderator
Flag Shannon, Ms.
Thanks Meter: 1,886

3,707 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pettrel

I tried to use your github but it tells me error and can't find revision... I use "phablet-10.1"....
if its something different, let us know.

Sorry for the late response here. I jus now saw your post. Try re cloning from my git hub. I did not push my final changes to my get hub until late last night. Here is a link to it to my repositories just in case you were using the wrong one cause I do not have "phablet-10.1" in the name of any of my repositories.
5th March 2013, 06:03 AM   |  #53  
Thanks Meter: 5

36 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Macgnolia

Sorry for the late response here. I jus now saw your post. Try re cloning from my git hub. I did not push my final changes to my get hub until late last night. Here is a link to it to my repositories just in case you were using the wrong one cause I do not have "phablet-10.1" in the name of any of my repositories.

I am new to github and this is my first time trying to learn how to port ROM's or different OSes. It asked me for revision and since "phablet-10.1" didn't work, I used the branch name "cm-10.1" and it worked fine.
5th March 2013, 06:19 AM   |  #54  
Forum Moderator
Flag Shannon, Ms.

3,707 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I am new to github and this is my first time trying to learn how to port ROM's or different OSes. It asked me for revision and since "phablet-10.1" didn't work, I used the branch name "cm-10.1" and it worked fine.

Ok cool glad it worked for you. I will be updating my thread a little later on with a more complete run down of what I had to do to get it to build. I just got through adding all the missing lib files and it is very close to booting now. It shows the Samsung Galaxy Note II splash screen and then the splash screen drops out plus logcat looks a lot better now. I added a total of 96 lib files to the build, some may actually not be needed but i am just focused on getting it booted for now. i can go back and pull them later.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to T-Macgnolia For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th March 2013, 06:30 AM   |  #55  
Thanks Meter: 5

36 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Macgnolia

Ok cool glad it worked for you. I will be updating my thread a little later on with a more complete run down of what I had to do to get it to build. I just got through adding all the missing lib files and it is very close to booting now. It shows the Samsung Galaxy Note II splash screen and then the splash screen drops out plus logcat looks a lot better now. I added a total of 96 lib files to the build, some may actually not be needed but i am just focused on getting it booted for now. i can go back and pull them later.

sounds good to me. For some reasons, it doesn't want to finish the built for me. Give the error that it waits for unfinished jobs.
5th March 2013, 08:15 AM   |  #56  
Forum Moderator
Flag Shannon, Ms.

3,707 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

sounds good to me. For some reasons, it doesn't want to finish the built for me. Give the error that it waits for unfinished jobs.

I do not want our conversation to high jack this thread so please come post a complete copy of the error you have or a pastebin of f it in my thread. The waiting on unfinished jobs is pretty much just telling you it has stopped building. You need to go back up in the log and look for the error that caused it.

Also I just updated my thread.
10th March 2013, 08:24 PM   |  #57  
Thanks Meter: 9

105 posts
Is dev work on this dead?
11th March 2013, 07:40 AM   |  #58  
Thanks Meter: 0

26 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drapalyuk

hi folks,
update: wlan working now

Not working:

• GSM
  • Lots more probably

DISCLAIMER: this is development preview do not install if you don't know exactly what you are doing
Installation instructions:

I do that. But my device can't boot.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by patience_gnr; 11th March 2013 at 07:46 AM.
11th March 2013, 10:31 AM   |  #59  
Thanks Meter: 23

174 posts
Same here...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
11th March 2013, 09:42 PM   |  #60  
Flag Dripping Springs
Thanks Meter: 191

1,134 posts
Donate to Me
More
when trying to add the phablet tools repo it 404's any idea why?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread