[Q] problems flashing jelly bean

Search This thread

VivaLaPascal

Oct 8, 2011
YEsterday i have bought my htc one x and as all te other phones i wanted a custom rom,to simunlock it , so i unlocked the bootloader , put CWMR, Root and did a nandroid backup , Then i used this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1920060http://
But now my phone dont want to boot and i have forgotten to put the rom on my phone either XD i did a restore already and cleaned the cache but it isn working.. who can help me ?

VivaLaPascal

Oct 8, 2011
I was at the poit where you put the command,fastboot oem rebootRUU, and i got straight away the silkver HTC letters and i tried to flash firmware but that didnt worked .:/

Reactions: Vcek

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
hej guys he's talking about simunlocking....that's not going to work by unlockng the bootloader ! totally different :D

but.....

you only need to do this :

lock the bootloader (like stated above)

fastboot oem lock
then
fastboot oem rebootRUU
then
Fastboot flash zip firmware.zip (with the firmware.zip in the fastboot folder)

that's all.....

Last edited:

VivaLaPascal

Oct 8, 2011
the problem is that i cant flash the firmware, yes i locked it again , at the moment its unlocked and now hen i turn on my phone it gets stuck at the o2 screen, you are simlock free when you change your rom as far as i now:laugh: ps where is my fastboot folder?

Last edited:

Guich

May 18, 2012
Somewhere
The firmware.zip must be in the folder where you have fastboot.
Because if the zip isn't in this folder, fastboot can't flash this.

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
No you are not simlock free when changing Rom !

I don't know where you left it :p do a search for fastboot.exe file or adb.exe file it should pop up somewhere

VivaLaPascal

Oct 8, 2011
I Tried to flash the firmware again, the first two times it failed and the third time it is gets stuck at sending frimware ... C:\Users\Home\Desktop\One_X_All-In-One_Kit_v2.3\data> fastboot flash zip C:\firm
ware.zip
sending 'zip' (13033 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.747s]
writing 'zip'...
(bootloader) adopting the signature contained in this image...
(bootloader) signature checking...
(bootloader) checking model ID...
(bootloader) checking custom ID...
FAILED (remote: 42 custom id check fail)
finished. total time: 3.245s

C:\Users\Home\Desktop\One_X_All-In-One_Kit_v2.3\data> fastboot flash zip C:\firm
ware.zip
FAILED (remote: (00030003))
finished. total time: 0.000s

C:\Users\Home\Desktop\One_X_All-In-One_Kit_v2.3\data> fastboot flash zip C:\firm
ware.zip

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
I know because you had a S-OFF device. The HTC oke X is S-ON so you will not get it simunlocked this way !

And yes you put the firmware.zip inside the fastboot folder and then execute the commands i wrote earlier

Did you download the corresponding firmware for your CID ?.

Vcek

Aug 27, 2011
Simril
I Tried to flash the firmware again, the first two times it failed and the third time it is gets stuck at sending frimware ... C:\Users\Home\Desktop\One_X_All-In-One_Kit_v2.3\data> fastboot flash zip C:\firm
ware.zip
OKAY [ 1.747s]
writing 'zip'...
(bootloader) adopting the signature contained in this image...
(bootloader) signature checking...
(bootloader) checking model ID...
(bootloader) checking custom ID...
FAILED (remote: 42 custom id check fail)
finished. total time: 3.245s

ware.zip
FAILED (remote: (00030003))
finished. total time: 0.000s

ware.zip

Fastboot oem readcid

Then download the proper firmware from mike1986 firmware post.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

VivaLaPascal

Oct 8, 2011
I know because you had a S-OFF device. The HTC oke X is S-ON so you will not get it simunlocked this way !

And yes you put the firmware.zip inside the fastboot folder and then execute the commands i wrote earlier

Did you download the corresponding firmware for your CID ?.

AAh lol ok XD sending the firmware still doesnt work , my cid: O2___001 , that is equal to cidnum: HTC__001 right? i have downloaded my firmware from here http://d-h.st/users/baadnewz/?fld_id=3041#files

qball11

Apr 29, 2011
AAh lol ok XD sending the firmware still doesnt work , my cid: O2___001 , that is equal to cidnum: HTC__001 right? i have downloaded my firmware from here http://d-h.st/users/baadnewz/?fld_id=3041#files

Hi Mate,

02__001 is not the same in anyway as HTC__001. HTC__001 is unbranded uk, 02__001 is then obviously 02 branded, do not confuse the two. Right if you have made a nandroid back up and still have custom recovery installed, have you extracted a copy of your boot image from your nandroid if so, flash the boot image using fasboot command, when phone is connected to PC, then boot in to recovery and restore nandroid.

If this is not the case you need to supply some more info about your phone, what base it was on when you got it, what HBOOT you are currently on, because if your are on a lower HBOOT than a JB firmware then you will not be able to do a JB RUU, you may have to do a ICS RUU.

So for starters

is your bootloader ***unlocked***
are you using international HOX ie ENDEAVORU
what is HBOOT ...

once the community know exactly what you are working with and what you have done people will be best placed to help you. Please bare in mind the HOX is not fully unlocked like previous HTC devices ie no "S-OFF" unless you are very lucky, so it is not as easy as just flash, there are a lot of fastboot commands to be aware of a little reading prior to actioning anything on your phone will go a long way.

Qball

Last edited:

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Hi Mate,

02__001 is not the same in anyway as HTC__001. HTC__001 is unbranded uk, 02__001 is then obviously 02 branded, do not confuse the two. Right if you have made a nandroid back up and still have custom recovery installed, have you extracted a copy of your boot image from your nandroid if so, flash the boot image using fasboot command, when phone is connected to PC, then boot in to recovery and restore nandroid.

If this is not the case you need to supply some more info about your phone, what base it was on when you got it, what HBOOT you are currently on, because if your are on a lower HBOOT than a JB firmware then you will not be able to do a JB RUU, you may have to do a ICS RUU.

So for starters

is your bootloader ***unlocked***
are you using international HOX ie ENDEAVORU
what is HBOOT ...

once the community know exactly what you are working with and what you have done people will be best placed to help you. Please bare in mind the HOX is not fully unlocked like previous HTC devices ie no "S-OFF" unless you are very lucky, so it is not as easy as just flash, there are a lot of fastboot commands to be aware of a little reading prior to actioning anything on your phone will go a long way.

Qball

Please read the thread next time queball ;)

We know what he is doing ..... he just got the wrong firmware. And i already gave him the link to the right one so......

And yes flash the right firmware, flash a custom recovery, flash the boot.img from the desired rom, full wipe in recovery and a clean install of the new Rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was at the poit where you put the command,fastboot oem rebootRUU, and i got straight away the silkver HTC letters and i tried to flash firmware but that didnt worked .:/