What's my next step?

Search This thread

Harkadenn

Dec 15, 2007
So I just rooted my SGS3 successfuly.

What's the next step now?
Jellybean?

If so, can any of you get me the right guide?
Thank you.

Harkadenn

Dec 15, 2007
There are plenty of guides on installing twrp or cwm recovery. After that there are hundreds of threads on flashing a ROM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Alright I'm interested in getting this rom

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1766684

Is it safe for my phone since most of the roms are for the I9300. The model i have is i747.

Or should I go with Cyanogen and same rules applies, I wanna make sure it's compatible for my device.

You said i need to install twrp or cwm recovery?
Not sure what's this for?
What are those two?

Thank you.

Last edited:

RPelham

Dec 19, 2012
Tampa

Is it safe for my phone since most of the roms are for the I9300. The model i have is i747.

Or should I go with Cyanogen and same rules applies, I wanna make sure it's compatible for my device.

Thank you.

absolutely do NOT ever flash an international i9300 ROM to your phone. you will end up with a very expensive paperweight.

only flash ROMs specifically for the i747 (d2att).

the one you linked will work perfectly. its actually what I'm on at the moment and is a great and stable ROM

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Harkadenn

Harkadenn

Dec 15, 2007
absolutely do NOT ever flash an international i9300 ROM to your phone. you will end up with a very expensive paperweight.

the one you linked will work perfectly. its actually what I'm on at the moment and is a great and stable ROM

Ok I keep hearing i need cwm or twrp recovery before i get started. Please help me instal this and I will leave this alone lol.
I have had bad experience in my past.

So I just finished rooting the galaxy successfully and installed "TeamEpic-Root-from-Recovery-v5" after that I rebooted and I believe my next step is to get the cwm or twrp recovery right? and after that then I can instal that rom?

Where do I get the right recovery software for i747?

RPelham

Dec 19, 2012
Tampa
Ok I keep hearing i need cwm or twrp recovery before i get started. Please help me instal this and I will leave this alone lol.
I have had bad experience in my past.

So I just finished rooting the galaxy successfully and installed "TeamEpic-Root-from-Recovery-v5" after that I rebooted and I believe my next step is to get the cwm or twrp recovery right? and after that then I can instal that rom?

Where do I get the right recovery software for i747?

That's correct. The easiest way to install is download GooManager from they play store.

Open the app and grant permissions when you are asked. Touch the menu key, and select Install OpenRecoveryScript

Wait for it to say successful and youre done. Shut down the phone, hold volume up + home + power and you will enter TWRP.

From here you can flash ROMs (and make backups )

CamFlawless

Oct 5, 2012
Atlanta
Go the play store, download the app goo manager. Open the app, hit your menu button and select to install an open recovery script. And boom, you have installed TWRP. ;)

I'd recommend lots of reading and researching before flashing.

Harkadenn

Dec 15, 2007
Go the play store, download the app goo manager. Open the app, hit your menu button and select to install an open recovery script. And boom, you have installed TWRP. ;)

I'd recommend lots of reading and researching before flashing.

Done.
So now I guess my next step is flashing the rom Task650.

Anything I should be aware before?

There's a newer version 4.2.2 is it safe?

Ok anything else?

RPelham

Dec 19, 2012
Tampa
Done.

Ok anything else?

Nope you should be all set. 4.2.2 (02/23) build is the most stable and safest.

Download the 2/23 version. Download the 12/19/12 gapps.

Put the files in the root of your phone.

Boot to recovery. Select Backup and swipe to make a backup of your current ROM in case you ever want to go back to the stock ROM.

Then go back to the main menu of twrp and select wipe. Once in that menu, wipe the following: cache, dalvik, factory reset and system.

Go back to the main menu again and select install.

Locate the zip file you downloaded (the ROM) and then select it. A new screen will pop, select add more zips. Select the gapps and then swipe to install.

reboot and youre done. =)

Reactions: Harkadenn

Harkadenn

Dec 15, 2007
I see the pink horse and all that animation but it stays in the "swagger activated" it's been like this since minutes...
Hmm... I did one step wrong... I selected wipe then system, I didn't selected the other options cache and dalvik.

Can I reset taking out battery and redo this steps?

-----

UPDATE!

So I did had to take out the battery and redo all steps this time making sure i wiped all cache, dalvik, factory reset and system. I proceeded to install find the rom and then when done I installed gapps.

Ok now it did the job I'm now filling in options after the horse loading.

Thank you all!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I just rooted my SGS3 successfuly.

What's the next step now?
    Jellybean?

If so, can any of you get me the right guide?
    Thank you.

There are plenty of guides on installing twrp or cwm recovery. After that there are hundreds of threads on flashing a ROM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Thank you.

Done.

Ok anything else?

Nope you should be all set. 4.2.2 (02/23) build is the most stable and safest.

Download the 2/23 version. Download the 12/19/12 gapps.

Put the files in the root of your phone.

Boot to recovery. Select Backup and swipe to make a backup of your current ROM in case you ever want to go back to the stock ROM.

Then go back to the main menu of twrp and select wipe. Once in that menu, wipe the following: cache, dalvik, factory reset and system.

Go back to the main menu again and select install.

Locate the zip file you downloaded (the ROM) and then select it. A new screen will pop, select add more zips. Select the gapps and then swipe to install.

reboot and youre done. =)