Alpha Changelog (stable feature list above):
Quick fix to allow overclocking on stock roms.
Update to latest 4.4.3 kernel source
Sync with latest CM 4.4.3 ramdisk
Update to 4.8 toolchain
Zip installation supports all permutations of ext4/f2fs layouts
Based on work by frantisek.nesveda, but modified to support all layouts and be more flexible
Make sure to go to his thread -HERE-
and click the thanks button!
Upgrade to BFQ v7r4
Adjust touchboost values
Enable Kernel Samepage Merging - I've gone back and forth on this. For now, enabled.
Probably some other changes I'm forgetting.
- Update + sync ramdisk from cm11 to enable native USB OTG. Add thermal charging shut off. Some kconfig tweaks.
- Only hold wakelock is touch/slide to wake is enabled. Tweak default BFQ values a bit.
- Update BFQ from 5.1 to 6r2. Set BFQ as default for testing. Tweak Deadline and CFQ (Franco's CFQ values). If CFQ is still causing reboots for some, I will revert it to stock in next build. Cgroups timer slack controller. Enable RCU priority boosting for testing.
- merge 4.4 kernel changes. Update ramdisk for 4.4
- CM hotfix
- Add Tegra 4 SmartDimmer (ported from TripNRaVeR's port for the One X). It either works much better or is completely broken. Either way, it's an improvement from the old SmartDimmer. Add necessary ramdisk change for PAC rom. Add dm9620 usb ethernet support. Switch back to linaro 4.7 toolchain from google 4.6 (used in mr2 for stability reasons).
- Add double tap to wake thanks to flar2 and sgt. meow. Add configurable timer to keep double tap to wake active after screen shut off. Remove Fsync toggle. Pointless and confusing with Dynamic Fsync available now. Update Dynamic Fsync from faux123. Set backlight levels back to defaults and disable otf_scaling. Some random stuffs.
Value is in seconds. Defaults to 60. Set to 0 to keep double tap to wake permanently active at the price of battery.
- Enable compass driver. Add Dynamic Fsync by Faux123. Disable Fsync off at boot. Enable Dynamic Fsync at boot. Remove wifi pm fast/max toggle as it is now pointless and won't work since 4.3 kernel update. Add an older, but simpler, version of usb host mode by mehrvarz. Fixed and enabled many 4.3 config options relating to things like selinux.
- More ramdisk fixes
- Update cm10.2 ramdisk to fix storage issues. Fix 00su init.d.
- Incorporate cm10.2 ramdisk.
- Update to 4.3 kernel base. 4.3 stock only. Ramdisk base courtesy of Francisco Franco. Fsync off at boot since the internal storage is just so appallingly slow.
- Add back some missing config options removed in a55 to support various features. No CIFS support. Couldn't get it to boot for some reason.
- Add v2 of Tegra AHB patch set. Remove and revert USBHOST patches. Revert to almost stock kernel config for testing (will probably revert back later). Revert to stock PA ramdisk for testing. Tweak default TouchDemand parameters for bettter performance. Hard-code deadline and cfq tuneables thanks to the work by those in Franco's thread - details in commitlog on github. Set deadline as default I/O scheduler. Add core hotplugging lock during touch boost/input to interactive governor based on implementation in stock interactive governor (not fully tested). Other minor, inconsequential changes.
- Remove AHB bus drivers and patches.
- USBHOST support and patches. WiFi adhoc IBSS support.
- revert voltage table changes
- fix flickering at brightness level 13 when smartdimmer was enabled by setting SD min to 10. Re-enable a 3g modem reset assignment fix. It was disabled in a49/a50; let's see if re-enabling it causes 3g drops to return (Otherwise TCP proportional rate reduction was the cause). Re-enable wifi p2p patch that was disabled in a49 under the impression it wasn't included in the stock kernel when it actually is (whoops). Increase the some DVFS voltages so that that they are at least as high pre-a50 (according to DVFS debug showing actual running voltage) and not more than 25mV greater than pre-a50. Hard-code default pm_qos_max_cpus as 4 instead of ULONG_MAX. Fixes aesthetic bug where the default tegra hotplug max_cores was 2147483647 (For the curious - it is 2^31 − 1, the maximum value for a 32-bit signed integer in computing).
Oh, and change thread title to accord with new XDA requirements.
- re-enable dynamic edp. Rework some edp limits. Rework DVFS voltage tables to better match frequencies, YMMV. Removed 1.7GHz max frequency option as it was pretty split whether your device could run it or not. If people were more responsible and wouldn't complain about issues when running 1.7 or higher I would leave it in, but unfortunately that's just not the case. So it saves me headaches in the future. Sorry. It's a minor increase from 1.6GHz and most can do 1.6 just fine.
- add some rwsem patches. Revert TCP proportional patch. Revert a wifi p2p patch. Fully stock /net and drivers/net in source now. Add custom min/max backlight interface. I'll add more info when I'm not so busy. Removed zRam support.
Change your max backlight (min - 255) - /sys/module/board_grouper_panel/parameters/max_backlight
Change your min backlight (1 - max) - /sys/module/board_grouper_panel/parameters/min_backlight
Enable/Disable on-the-fly backlight level redistribution through available brightness slots based on new min/max using math below (0/1) - /sys/module/board_grouper_panel/parameters/otf_scaling
- brightness = min_backlight + DIV_ROUND_CLOSEST(((max_backlight - min_backlight) * max((brightness - 10),0)),245);
- actually upload a kernel that is mr1 + row patches + flash fix
mr1 + row patches + flash fix
accidentally uploaded old kernel version...
- disable have_efficient_unaligned_access. Add USB Host mode charging patches.
- Fix adobe flash corruption. Add ARM unaligned access and enable have efficient unaligned access. Make sure slider min brightness and auto-brightness min have the same backlight value.
- Start over at mr1. Add ROW patches. Add LZ4 compression.
- revert all network and wireless patches since mr1.
- revert some config options. Fix fixed_mode on boot for multiboot. Sched_mc_power_savings set to 0 instead of 2 to see how it affects wakeup.
- ARM cpu topology and relevant patches. Enable multi-core scheduling. Enable maximum multi-core scheduling power savings for testing. Switch back to LZ4 ramdisk compression as Multiboot supports it now. Increase touchdemand sampling down factor since sampling rate was decreased previously.
- Revert SLQB. Add latest usb host mode charging from mehrvarz's repo. Force detect/report usb as ac, no apparent benefit. Enabled a config SVIPC or something... I forget. Enabled rndis support from CM.
- SLQB allocator. Switch back to Gzip ramdisk compression for multirom.
- Fix adobe flash playback. Super fast Lz4 compressed for ramdisk and kernel. Arm unaligned efficient memory access. Some misc. wifi and network patches. Many other changes. No guarantees.
Alphas 4.4 -
Milestone 4.3.x Releases -
Alphas 4.3 (post mr2) -
Alphas 4.3 (pre mr2) -
Milestone 4.2.x Releases -
Alphas 4.2.x -
Legacy downloads available at http://goo.im/devs/Metallice/Nexus7