Guide: Jelly Bean upgrading, rooting, and UNLOCKING
There is now a rooted stock rom for updating. It is the easiest way. Here is the link:
If you need to use the incremental update for some reason there are two methods below.
*STOCK ZV9 (not a flashed rooted version of stock), that mean no google now.
You will need to revert back via LGNPST
*The ZVB update
Here we go:
1. Revert back to stock
Here is the guide that AdriVelazquez made:
2. Allow your phone to update to ZV9 if it isn't already.
3. Root phone using this method.
Here is a guide thanks to Engine95:
4. Install Freegee from the market and unlock and install twrp.
5. Update twrp using the GooManager app.
If you hit the menu button in the app you will see "Install OpenRecoveryScript". That is how you install a recovery with the app.
6. Download the update.
Here is the update thanks to Jhgti:
7. Reboot in recovery. Install the update.When you reboot it will ask if you want to fix root. Take a guess on what you hit.
8. Download the updated Freegee app from 3/3/13. The version is 6.0.1. If you use an older version you will get a soft brick. So, make sure your updated.https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....shell.freegee
9. Run the Freegee app.
1. Root using zv9 method(you'll have to plug your phone into the computer). Rooting is required to write to the cache folder.
2.Download update and place it in cache. Cache is a folder in the root directory. Rename the file "update.zip" without the quotes.
3.Here you have an option to use OTA Root Keeper if want. It is on the market. This app will let you keep root.
4.Boot into stock recovery. You can use the Quick Boot app. If you reboot the phone but don't go to recovery the update is going to disappear. That is why we recommend using a program to boot into recovery.
5.Once in recovery select Update from cache.
If you have problems with root after the update and you still have the superuser app.
Open Super SU. If it says no SU binary installed this what you will need to do. You should still have the files you downloaded to do the ZV9 root. Open a command window in that folder. The folder needs adb and the su file. Type this below. Hit enter after each line.
adb shell mount -o remount,rw /system
adb push su /system/xbin/su
chown 0.0 /system/xbin/su
chmod 06755 /system/xbin/su