EDIT 03/03/2014: v1.0.12+ has no restrictions anymore (100% free). It is not available anymore on Google Play and you can download the APK below instead.
This app is provided "as is" and may not be working properly with some ROMs and/or kernels. It is unsupported.
This app doesn't work with all kernels which explains reboots on some devices.
This app does tricky and hacky things that may not work well on all devices or unreliably.
It's even a miracle that it sort of works on current Android.
You can use it if it works on your device and find it useful, but most people should use the official Google Music app instead.
There will be no bug fixes as I stopped entirely developping it.
Maybe there will be an update if the next Android version breaks it again and there's an easy fix, but that's all you can expect at this point.
Download APK v1.0.13
Short youtube video
The goal is to bring Google Music streaming support to most third party music players like Poweramp, PlayerPro, n7player and many more.
From the point of view of these apps, Google Music tracks will look like regular files that can be played.
I you ever wanted to play Google Music with something else than the Google Music app, that should fit the bill.
Make sure to read the Help section within the app as it contains very important usage info (especially on Android 4.2+) and music player specific initial setup.
- a rooted device running Android 4.0+ on ARM CPU. Root is necessary for mounting the filesystem
- A kernel supporting FUSE filesystems (should be the case of all 4.0+ kernel)
- SuperSU or Superuser
- Some music uploaded to the Google Music service
- A compatible third party music player. Tested working with Poweramp, Winamp, PlayerPro, n7player. Should work with most players using the Android MediaPlayer API or ffmpeg. Doesn't work with Deadbeef and XenoAmp.
Recording a log file
Here's how to setup logging, to troubleshoot issues.
Do not post log files on the forum or on the web as they contain your Google account name.
- start GMusicFS
- in the Settings tab, enable Logging (select "App" as the logging mode, unless being instructed otherwise), then click the "Exit" button to exit the app
- restart the app and operate the app until the error appear
- exit the app
- send me (bubbleguuum at free.fr) the log file located on your SD Card as file Android/data/com.bubblesoft.android.gmusicfs/logs/log.txt