[APP][4.0+][ROOT][1.0.7] GMusicFS: play cloud Google Music in music players apps
GMusicFS is a unique app that exposes cloud Google Music as a FUSE filesystem. A rooted device is required
After several months of beta, GMusicFS is finally available on Google Play!
Thanks to everyone that contributed feedback and bug reports.
Install from Google Play)
Short youtube video
The goal is to bring Google Music streaming support to most third party music players like Poweramp
and many more.
From the point of view of these apps, Google Music tracks will look like regular files that can be played.
I you ever wanted to play Google Music with something else than the Google Music app, that should fit the bill.
Make sure to read the Help section within the app as it contains very important usage info (especially on Android 4.2+) and music player specific initial setup.
Feedback and bug reports are of course welcome ! If it works for you please report your device, Android version, ROM and music player.
Recording a log file
- a rooted device running Android 4.0+ on ARM CPU. Root is necessary for mounting the filesystem
- A kernel supporting FUSE filesystems (should be the case of all 4.0+ kernel)
- SuperSU or Superuse. Superuser is required on Android 4.3
- Some music uploaded to the Google Music service
- A compatible third party music player. Tested working with Poweramp, Winamp, PlayerPro, n7player. Should work with most players using the Android MediaPlayer API or ffmpeg. Doesn't work with Deadbeef and XenoAmp.
Here's how to setup logging, to troubleshoot issues.
Do not post log files on the forum or on the web as they contain your Google account name.
- start GMusicFS
- in the Settings tab, enable Logging (select "App" as the logging mode, unless being instructed otherwise), then click the "Exit" button to exit the app
- restart the app and operate the app until the error appear
- exit the app
- send me (bubbleguuum at free.fr) the log file located on your SD Card as file Android/data/com.bubblesoft.android.gmusicfs/logs/log.txt