[SOLVED] Fire HD dpi and keyboard

Search This thread

bryanchapman9999

Sep 1, 2009
Hi

Got a rooted kindle fire hd with google services

Playing with dpi settings and found that a dpi of 200 looks amazing, only problem being the keyboard is screwed up - perfectly usable, just looks rubbish

Just install an alternative keyboard I thought- no so simple

They install, but I can't select them for use until iMovie them to /system/app. I can now select them but they force close. Any ideas? I have changed permissions. Do I need to move them somewhere else?

Cheers
Bryan

Last edited:

AmrBanawan

Nov 26, 2012
Alexandria
Hi

Playing with dpi settings and found that a dpi of 200 looks amazing, only problem being the keyboard is screwed up - perfectly usable, just looks rubbish

They install, but I can't select them for use until iMovie them to /system/app. I can now select them but they force close. Any ideas? I have changed permissions. Do I need to move them somewhere else?

Cheers
Bryan

What keyboard software did you install?

I use AnySoftKeyboard, I just install it and i'm good to go, no need to move it to system/app, and it does not crash too!

Reactions: bryanchapman9999

bryanchapman9999

Sep 1, 2009

I use AnySoftKeyboard, I just install it and i'm good to go, no need to move it to system/app, and it does not crash too!

Thanks for reply, I've tried swift and hackers keyboard.

Just tried your suggestion and the same thing, its installed but cannot be selected as an input method.

I'm lost now if this is just working for others :rolleyes:

Jan 25, 2013

Just tried your suggestion and the same thing, its installed but cannot be selected as an input method.

Try Touchpal, that one seemed to fit the keys correctly at all dpi settings for the Kindle Hd. Just make sure you dont try and use the mic feature. You might want to disable it in your settings. Cause the keyboard to force close until i disabled the mic.

Last edited:
Reactions: bryanchapman9999

bryanchapman9999

Sep 1, 2009
Try Touchpal, that one seemed to fit the keys correctly at all dpi settings for the Kindle Hd. Just make sure you dont try and use the mic feature. You might want to disable it in your settings. Cause the keyboard to force close until i disabled the mic.

Same thing I can't even use it.

I seem unable to deselect the 'amazon' keyboard

I now have 3 keyboards installed and I can select the check box to the left of all of them but am unable to de-select amazon.

If i now select the default input method, amazon is the only option and the 3rd party keyboards are now unselected.

:confused::confused::confused:

bryanchapman9999

Sep 1, 2009
Got it sorted after digging in some seemingly old threads.

Bit of a schoolboy error really ...

Don't know how you guys are doing it without copying to system/app :confused:

anyway, I copy the apk from /data/app to /system/app, change permissions AND then tap it to install it once more - I guess this last install step copies libraries somewhere ??

Reboot and all is as expected.

Thanks for your help guys.

Bryan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi

Cheers
    Bryan