XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xperia TL Jelly Bean update live

Tip us?

hulkdad
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Xperia TL Jelly Bean update live

Just checked this morning through PC Companion and it appears that for all of us AT&T subscribers, the Jelly Bean update is now available!..... finally.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hulkdad For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

josephnero
Old
Thanks Meter 488
good.thank you
Galaxy S4 9505

osiris010
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Re: Xperia TL Jelly Bean update live

yes! this is awesome
I'm checking update software as soon as I get home, tried it from my phone but it said no update (expected).

will check back here with Jelly Bean to confirm

Sent from my LT30at using xda app-developers app

hulkdad
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Just a heads up. After install I couldnt run any apps or open existing folders. I just chose the reset settings option and it worked after that. I have noticed that the ui is much smoother and so far browsing is much more fluid.

osiris010
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Downloaded 4.1.2 on my TL and it is pretty cool. UI is much snappier and smooth, and the Extended Battery mode option is fantastic - saw that option on some other Sony devices so I'm very happy they updated the TL with it too.

Confusing issue about Google Wallet... has anyone tried using it? Despite being on AT&T (which apparently doesn't "support" Wallet) the Google Play store let me download the app - which initially made me pretty excited - only to be slammed with a pop up as soon as the app starts claiming my device and/or service provider is not supported. Previously the app did not show up in Google Play (most apps that are not "compatible" with the device you are using will not show up), but when I noticed a few extra features in the settings -> more under NFC for Wallet, I figured then Google Wallet was compatible lol.

streetsmart999
Old
Thanks Meter 267
I think its one of the worst updates (Not talking about JB) in all the phones I owned. So I upgraded my wife's TL... Browser Does not work. (Does Not even open), Rainbows on Screen on and off.. While playing youtube and one time while pulling down notification tray. Lock Screen disappeared.. Did the settings reset.. Same thing nothing changed. Now I may have to factory Reset and Install all over. They should have tested more before they released as we waited all these days.

Current Phone:LG optimus G And SONY TL
Current Tab: Galaxy Tab 10.1 And Asus TF300T
Previously SGS2 Intl + Atrix 2 VictoryRom By Me
Previously Infuse 4G (VictoryRom_KL2 By me.. )
Previously Captivate With VictoryRom. By Me
CLICK THANKS AND PLEASE DONATE TO DEVELOPERS IF U LIKE THE WORK. Even $1 makes a difference.

AndroidHoneyComb
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googler_1976 View Post
I think its one of the worst updates (Not talking about JB) in all the phones I owned. So I upgraded my wife's TL... Browser Does not work. (Does Not even open), Rainbows on Screen on and off.. While playing youtube and one time while pulling down notification tray. Lock Screen disappeared.. Did the settings reset.. Same thing nothing changed. Now I may have to factory Reset and Install all over. They should have tested more before they released as we waited all these days.
It's not sony's fault. If the lockscreen does not work or even the webrowser then something is wrong with your phone, I updated my device and now I have not lag and there's no bugs.
Factory Reset
XPERIA T

cartmenicus
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1898

DONATE TO ME
Awhh damn rogers hasent pushed it yet i miss lte lol
Device: Nexus 7,Moto X
Rom: N7: PA with faux kernel Moto X:Stock with Faux

redincali
Old
Thanks Meter 261
Default Re: Xperia TL Jelly Bean update live

Does the camera have the feature for unlimited burst shots, or any of the other camera features that we didn't have? If so, can you upload please?

- Xperia TL, XperimenT v2.0 Final ~ via XDA App

hulkdad
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by redincali View Post
Does the camera have the feature for unlimited burst shots, or any of the other camera features that we didn't have? If so, can you upload please?

- Xperia TL, XperimenT v2.0 Final ~ via XDA App
No burst mode, but it does have HDR capability now at the cost of 1MP (12MP vs. 13MP) not exactly earth shattering. My wifi connection appears to be much more stable, with animation scale set to 0 the ui cranks along at breakneck pace, the browser quick commands wheel in the labs section of the settings is much more responsive and better organized, and I am finding the keyboard response a little more fluid. The only negative I have so far is that the com.sonyericsson.unplugcharger line is no longer disablable... Able to be disabled... Disenablable... Ah whatever the word is! You cant turn it off so you're left with an "unplug the charger" notification after disconnecting from power. So far though, I feel like I just got a brand new phone.