CM based ROM for Samsung Infuse4g
Love the minimal feel of CM? Love the themeing capability of MIUI?
The Avatar team brings you, both combined in one ROM. Now enjoy beautiful MIUI themes on Cyanogen base.
I was on CM10 before which I found to work great! (great work by scott.hart.bti) Although I could only use my phone for about 5 hours before it dies and I am not a heavy user. Could not use it as a daily driver. I was going to go back to ICS but thought I'd give Avatar ROM 5.5 a try. After 7 hours I am at 65%. Great WORK !!! I don't need all the fancy features. * Jellybean and battery life on an INFUSE 4g - What more can you ask for? *. THANKS and keep up the great work! Keep the focus on battery life and I can see many jumping to this ship.
Love the minimal feel of CM? Love the theming capability of MIUI?
The Avatar team brings you, both combined in one ROM. Now enjoy beautiful MIUI themes on Cyanogen base.
(Following is from original Avatar ROM post at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2060731 )
•Android JB - 4.2.2
If it's the first time flashing avatarrom or coming from another ROM
•Install ClockworkMod Recovery.
•Do a NANDroid backup of your current ROM from backup/restore menu.
•Wipe Data/Factory Reset & Wipe cache partition
•Flash the downloaded .zip file.
•Install Gapps package.
•The platform for avatarrom is CM10.1. The following components are changed on top CM10.
•Toggles page to contain controls for toggles
•Fixed memory leaks
•Has an online theme server - head to settings-->themes and download cool MIUI converted themes.
•Changed the layout
•Bazooka Launcher (market link)
•Own launcher which is an enhanced version of Trebuchet (you can download this at the end of this post)
•Enhanced theming by adding dockbar
•Preview mode to edit workspaces
•Changed message thread to make them themeable
•A beautiful boot animation - will be made themeable in upcoming versions
•Changed statistics to point to Avatar statistics server
•OTA updater - you can check for updates to Avatar right from your device
•Changed to support Avatar ROMs
•Support for Gapps - download latest Gapps package as an OTA update
•Integrated with ACRA Error Reporter for system wide crashes
•Changed to make them themeable
•Support for complex unlock gestures
*Settings>Advanced gets a FC (no big deal, pretty easy fix)
*You tell me!!
05/27/2013 - Avatar ROM 7.0 release.
- CM 10.1 code merges till 21st May (RC2 Tag)
- Mixing Themes - When applying a theme, you can now pick the components. Eg: If you want only the lock screen and boot animation from WP7 theme you can now choose it. We are one step closer to MiUi style of mixing and matching.
- Rom Toolbox - Rom images will be available for download from Rom Toolbox app instantly. Fully automated.
- Theme Chooser -
- Support for enabling/disabling components when applying a theme
- Improved facebook sharing and brand new gallery page (http://theme.avatarrom.com:3000/)
- Bug fixes and improved graphics.
- Transitions in app drawer (like workspace)
- App drawer can now be made transparent (no more black background)
- Performance improvements in app drawer scrolling
- Ability to map a particular cell id to a location through location logs
- Fixed bug related to mobile network not available
05/18/2013 - With more features and fixes Avatar team releasing the latest version 7.0[List] [*]Merged with CM 10.1 RC2 tag (May 15th, 2013)[*]Added Centre Clock feature - can be enabled/disabled from Settings[*]Made Navigation bar themeable - the resource name is nav_bar_bg[*]Made Statusbar Transparent - Default Status bar is now 25% transparent. Themes which have transparent status bar can make use of this. Seasons is one such theme.[*]Weebo
- A 4x3 weebo widget can be added in homescreen. It displays current location and recent actions taken by weebo. This list is updated whenever there is location change or any actions are performed by weebo.
- Fix for change of location when network is not detected
- Removed cell-Id display from recent events logs. Remove cell-Id entries from recent events list shown in weebo.
- Changed location tracking time options from locations page. Put a "recommanded" text for 4 hours option and removed "5 minutes" tracking time.
- Action notifications are getting cleared now
- Removed Actions in the notifications s when notification is cleared. When user removes notification the actions shown in notification are cleared.
- Feature to lock/unlock homescreen. Once homescreen is locked apps or widgets cannot be moved.
- Fix a bug related to Gesture detection
- Some memory leak fixes
- Added support to share a fav theme on facebook
05/08/2013 - AvatarROM 6.5 release.
*SystemUI fixes during expanded desktop (the background was not covering till the end. Also portrait - landscape transition, the notifications wouldn't expand fully)
*ThemeChooser : Fixes for text invisible in installed themes tab for dark themes
*ThemeChooser will not handle market links anymore and Memory leak fix.
*Old themechooser is removed completely.
*Launcher : Fix crash without wipe & make dockbar transperant.
*In OTA updater show that the gapps and rom is installed if they are installed. ( Previously it used to show new or downloaded).
*Change Cyanogen Mod Updates to Avatar Updates
*We have a global error reporter collecting the crashes reported by the user using ACRA
*Camera driver fixes for lot of devices )
*Fixed some critical issues reported in previous build.
*Added Gestures in workspace. A settings page also added to configure gesture actions. Different gestures like swipe-up, swipe-down, double-tap, home-button press are added. Different actions for each of the gesture can be set in preference.
*Added ""edit workspace"" option in menu button.
*Removed ""pinch to preview mode"". This option is currently disabled for some issues as we can go to preview mode through many other ways. It will be added later.
**Many new Customization options.\
Fixed a bug
Fixed Settings crash on Input Method
Fixed Version Number problem in Error Reporter
Removed Old theme chooser
enabled Total download count of themes
Sorting themes based on download count
Sorting themes based on date
Settings App now launches the new Theme chooser
04/19/2013 - AvatarROM v6.0 Release
Merged with CM 10.1 M3 build( 14th April )
Changed Error Reporter to send requests to server instead of a google document
New Theme Chooser fixes
Support for layout theming
Misc fixes for layout and stability
4/17/2013 - AvatarROM v5.5 Release
Added Apex Launcher for those who like it
Added a new mms.apk so cobalt and other themes will theme correctly. If the MIUI themes dont theme correctly, go back to old mms apk wich i posted
Edited values in intd so it should be snappier
04/14/2013 - AvatarROM v5.0 Release
Full support for OTA
Merged with latest CM 10.1 base (Upto Apr 3rd, 2013 - Includes Paranoid style pie control, new Super user app etc)
Changes in the framework to redirect trebuchet and android launcher resources from CM themes to Bazooka launcher
Fixed launcher menu settings in app space
New ThemeChooser - Bug fixes, Performace improvements and new features like download count, caching etc
Performance improvements in theming engine
Disabled driving rule in weebo as it was causing lot of confusions
04/04/2013 - AvatarROM v4.5 Release
•Latest CM 10.1 code merges for v4.5 release(upto April 4th 2013)
•Included new theme chooser based on Aptoide(Alpha release)
•Lockscreen - Enable/Disable vibration when unlocking from settings -> Lockscreen -> Screen Security -> Vibrate
•Launcher - Option to edit workspace in menu
•Weebo - Bug fixes and now you can create your own rules (see - http://avatarrom.com/weebo-rules/)
•OTA - Full support from client side. Next update will be via OTA.
•General bug fixes
•Some new themes
Latest CM 10.1 code merges (upto Mar 16th 2013)
Bug fixes from 2.1b Avatar Release
Changes to make toggles screen more themeable
Chages in Error Reporter to point to new document
Added Xposed framework**Click Xposed installer, then click download inside of that. After that go to Modules, and check the box for the app settings. then reboot. After that use the Xposed App Settings to change all DPI settings and resolution..etc.**
03/02/2013 - AvatarROM 2.1b Release
•Latest CM 10.1 code merges (upto Feb 27th 2013)
•Bug fixes from 2.0b Avatar Release
•Small battery tweaks for battery.
AvatarROM v5.0 (no need to flash super user fix)
SUPERSU FIX for 4.5
AvatarROM v3.5 STABLE
Stock avatar mms.apk
New Mms.apk (so cobalt theme works) **No need to push if using Avatar v5.5
*First open Xposed Installer and grand SUPERSU Permissions
*Press on Install/Update and let it install
*After that, up top click the Modules Tab
*Check the Xposed App Settings box and REBOOT PHONE
*After reboot,open Xposed App Settings application and modify your apps!
--Lets change settings for example to ParanoidAndroid look
*Open Xposed App Settings application
*Scroll down and click on settings(or wichever app you want to modify)
*Change it to ON (up top)
*Change DPI to 160 and Screen (dp) to 800x1280.
*Click save on top right (the little sd card thing)
*Open settings and enjoy the new layout!!
•Bradman117 (helped me learn to port)
•MiUi Theme creators
A Huge thanks to Avatar team, Scott, and definitely bradman117.
If there are any errors let me know in the comments
You can find more information at http://www.avatarrom.com
NEW THEME CREATOR TOOL
Avatar Team is proud to present the first beta release of Theme creator tool. It is a QT based desktop application to edit themes.
Themes created using this tool are compatible with Avatar ROM and Cyanogen ROM. Similarly you can edit both Avatar Themes and Cyanogen themes.
Download the theme apk and open it using the theme creator tool. You will see a screen to edit the resources. After editing the resources, save the apk and install on the device.
What you can do with this tool ?
1. There are 1000's of resources that can be themed in Android. We change only a small set of them and if you want to theme more resources you can use this tool.
2. We make some mistakes when creating a theme. Eg: SMS time stamp color was not proper in some of our themes. You can now use this tool to fix it.
3. We cannot satify all the users with a theme. Eg: If you want to have a darker orange shade in denim theme you can now do it using this tool.
4. You can import an existing theme, change some of the resources we modified and you have a brand new theme.
1. Ability to create a new theme from scratch.
2. Import MiUi mtz theme file and convert it to theme apk which is compatible with AvatarROM and CyanogenROM.
3. Upload your new themes to our server so it can be used by other AvatarROM users.
4. Html5 based new theme creator tool which is more elegant and user friendly.
Windows - https://s3.amazonaws.com/AvatarRom/T...-installer.exe
Linux - https://s3.amazonaws.com/AvatarRom/T...-installer.run
Mac - https://s3.amazonaws.com/AvatarRom/T...taller.app.zip
As always we love to hear your feedbacks and comments. You might feel little lost with all the resources that are in Android world and we are on standby to help.
If you create a new theme and want to upload to our server, send us a PM and we will give access for you to upload the theme.
Grab themes here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1801752