Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,395 Members 47,079 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Mediaserver battery drain solved

Tip us?

spromper
Old
(Last edited by spromper; 13th March 2013 at 11:39 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Mediaserver battery drain solved

Hey guys,

I got my xperia t yesterday and i immediatly updated it to jelly bean. Ive done 3 full charges already and mediaserver keeps draining my battery. I put in an empty sd card and ive only got a few photos. Does this go away after a few days or should i do something about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spromper View Post
I think I solved it. I read in the nexus4 forum that disabling keyboard sounds and/or system sounds could help. Maybe it's to soon to tell but I think it worked.

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app

gregbradley
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3812
Let it settle for a few days. It will get better. This is normal behaviour

How to get root on Xperia Z1 with KitKat 4.4.2, 4.4.3 & 4.4.4

If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton

[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to gregbradley For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

romcio47
Old
Thanks Meter 234

DONATE TO ME
Default Odp: Mediaserver battery drain

In my case Mediaserver stands ONLY for any app that plays music when the screen is off. So for me it's PowerAMP.
Phone history:

Sagem MY-X1, stolen > Nokia 3310, still alive! > Nokia 3510i, still alive! > SE k750i, joystick fell off but still alive! > SE p990i, still alive! > SE Xperia X8 > SE Xperia PLAY - given to my brother > Sony Xperia T + Xperia X8 again:

X8: MiniCM10-4.1.0-shakira + XPerience-04
XT: Stock 4.3 + DooMKernel

spromper
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Re: Mediaserver battery drain

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
Let it settle for a few days. It will get better. This is normal behaviour
Okay i hope you're right. Battery is still pretty good though even with the mediaserver draining it. I find it a great phone already!

spromper
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11

Mm it's been three days now and somewhere.around 7 charges and mediaserver is still draining my battery. Is this still normal? Should i leave the device on as long as possible to let it settle? Or should.i reboot every day?

oddeceed
Old
Thanks Meter 101
Quote:
Mm it's been three days now and somewhere.around 7 charges and mediaserver is still draining my battery. Is this still normal? Should i leave the device on as long as possible to let it settle? Or should.i reboot every day?

rebooting everyday is a little extreme i reboot about once a week it takes a couple of hours for the system to settle again but i have to charge almost twice a day once fully and once a quick top me up 20 - 30 minutes max and that gets me through the day listening to music allday through a bluetooth headset phone calls texts internet and gaming
Xperia T (MINT / LT30P)
The Following User Says Thank You to oddeceed For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

romcio47
Old
Thanks Meter 234

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

This is really strange. It shouldn't be that way.

Well if you want, you could try repairing the software using PCCompanion or Sony Update Service. And then check if the problem still exist.
Phone history:

Sagem MY-X1, stolen > Nokia 3310, still alive! > Nokia 3510i, still alive! > SE k750i, joystick fell off but still alive! > SE p990i, still alive! > SE Xperia X8 > SE Xperia PLAY - given to my brother > Sony Xperia T + Xperia X8 again:

X8: MiniCM10-4.1.0-shakira + XPerience-04
XT: Stock 4.3 + DooMKernel
The Following User Says Thank You to romcio47 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

spromper
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11

It's slowly getting better im just going to wait a couple more days. Screen is highest consumer now instead of mediaserver but its still high.

Whatsinthebox
Old
Thanks Meter 0

I was having the same problem. I found that when I removed the music widget from the home the drain stopped. It worked for me hope it works for you

spromper
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsinthebox View Post
I was having the same problem. I found that when I removed the music widget from the home the drain stopped. It worked for me hope it works for you
Thanks, i tried it but it doesnt work. the drain actually got worse this morning. It's using 50% now. I think im going to try and flash ics tomorrow. What's the latest ics firmware for the T?