Size: 9.7 inch
PPI:264
Visible Angle: 178°
HDMI:Support
Camera: Dual camera Front 2.0 MP, back 5.0 MP Autofocus
WIFI Yes, 802.11 b/g/n

Latest firmwares from Ainol available HERE

Tip!
Ainol-tablet.com recommends using channel 11 on your wi-fi router for best signal.(source)
New firmware is in the works.

Many have reported that replacing the stock Launcher with Nova Launcher, GO Launcher or other has improved system perfomance,
as well as replacing the stock keyboard with Swiftkey, Swype or other. I am using Swype and Nova.

Last edited:

FlipMorten

Aug 18, 2011
Ålesund, Norway
Game support

Angry Birds *All* - Very Good
Asphalt 7 - Very good
Bad Piggies HD - Very Good
Beach Buggy Blitz - Very good
Cut The Rope - Very Good (Video Bug is present in starting animation as in Youtube app)
Doodle Jump - Very Good
Dragon Slayer (glu) - Very good
Dead Trigger - Very good on medium setting, may occasionally lag at higher.
Downhill Xtreme - Very good
GTA III (sideloaded with SGX files) - Very good @ highest resolution, and about 40% drawing distance.
Jetpack Joyride - Very Good
Pinball Arcade - Very good
Riptide GT - Very good
Real Racing 3 - Very good - on mine, though some have reported minor lag
Six Guns - Good, sometimes a bit low FPS
SSG 2 - Good Some Bugs
Temple Run 2- Very good
The Dark Knigt Rises - Decent, but may lag at times
The Sims FreePlay - Error 5002. Will not start.
The Simpsons Tapped out - Very good
Zen Pinball HD - Very good
Zombiewood - Zombies in LA! Runs smooth, but character and Zombies are invisible in game!

Last edited:

FlipMorten

Aug 18, 2011
Ålesund, Norway
Latest Firmware and Customs ROMs

Current official Firmware is: 20130422-V1

Date: 2013.05.07
Software Size: 336.51 MB
Applicable: NOVO9 FireWire quad-core

After the upgrade version number: Novo9-Spark-LX-20130422v1

This version of firmware major improvements:
Change shutdown charging current 1.8A
(2) to change the default URL: www.ainol.com
Google input method before the change individual font but with no success
4. Updating System slow
5 Change the camera Huaping
6 Change 2.0 firmware Login QQ machine will restart

Pre-upgrade considerations:
1: If the machine does not use exceptions, do not recommend users to easily upgrade
2: inside the machine before upgrading the audio and video files and backup apk, the upgrade process will machine everything inside the empty (Note: the pea pods backup can not save game progress)
3: user downloaded firmware package name and the figure below some of the file name is inconsistent
4: The first time you start to the system interface to unlock the lock screen too fast may not be able to unlock a little wait for the unlock (probably in about 10 seconds)

1: If the machine does not appear to use exception, not the user is free to upgrade
2: set the inside of the machine before upgrading the audio and video files and apk for backup, the upgrade process will machine all the things Empty (Note: the pea pods backup can not save game progress)
3: The name of the user to download the firmware package may be inconsistent and file name shown below
4: The first time you start the system interface to the lock screen unlock operation too fast and may not be able to unlock little wait unlock (time is about 10 seconds or so)

Download link: http://ainol.com/plugin.php?identifier=ainol&module=download&action=info&downloadid=133

Step 1. Download and install PhoenixSuit

Step 2. Download firmware image from above link for your tablet and load it in PhoenixSuit. If you receive error in PhoenixSuit, you can try moving the firmware file to desktop. That worked for me.

Step 3. Enable USB debug in tablet's developer settings and connect to computer. PhoenixSuit will inform you of this and then it's just follow the instructions on screen.

Alternative Step 3. If this normal procedure does not work and/or your tablet is a little soft bricked. You can try the following:
-Unplug USB-cable from computer.
-Power off your tablet. (Holding the power button for approx 10 seconds if the tablet is locked/black screen after boot)
-Press and hold the Home-button on the tablet, and plug in the USB cable.
-Continue to keep the home-button pressed and click on the Power button very shortly (about 0,5 seconds) about 10 times.

attachment.php

You should see a new dialog box appear in PhoenixSuit asking you to perform a "Mandatory format"
- Select "yes" to enter the format upgrade mode.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Folk ROM based on V1.35 modded by lifeyu available HERE

Google translated information
* Based official v1.35 produced
* direct card by the official recovery brush upgrade
* streamline and integrate several utility most applications
* Integrated update Google applications
* Practical camera JB + replacement comes with the camera application
* the play shops compatibility improved Google
* touch and system parameters to optimize
* increase in notification bar wifi switch
* state bar volume buttons
* Fixed lock screen, lock screen is still rotating
* repair part The built-in storage software can not read and write
* increase the full-screen function, can be switched by the application of full-screen switch

update method:

* download the zip firmware file is placed into the built-in storage, reboot into recovery update
* recommendations Brush wipe operation

mak1975 @slatedroid said:
Some info on "how to" flash this one, copy the zip file to the internal memory (not the external micro-sd card), reboot in recovery mode, wipe data, cache, etc and flash the zip file, do the 3 wipes again and reboot...

Some have reported bugs and touchscreen malfunction from this firmware.

Last edited:

manfly9884

Sep 15, 2006
Miami
Sure wish we get more of an interest here. With all the knowledgeable people in this community this tablet would surely show its potential.

jcagara08

Oct 15, 2011
wow so I am ready to make one order for this tablet hopefully by 6 days i can do a mini review,
anyone bought this already?

itaysp

Mar 25, 2011
It looks very similar to Apple's Ipad.

Could I use an Ipad casing with this tablet?

All the casings I can find on eBay for this 'Spark' are very ugly.

Reactions: FlipMorten

FlipMorten

Aug 18, 2011
Ålesund, Norway
wow so I am ready to make one order for this tablet hopefully by 6 days i can do a mini review,
anyone bought this already?

I have this and have had it for about a month now. I'm very pleased with it.

It looks very similar to Apple's Ipad.

Could I use an Ipad casing with this tablet?

All the casings I can find on eBay for this 'Spark' are very ugly.

It depends on the casing. If it's one of those that's "clipped on" the back, it won't fit. This does not have the same rounded off edges as the ipad.
Other types should work just fine.

I have this Universal 9.7 Inch Leather Smart Case
025573_01.jpg

Reactions: dh3ryand

itaysp

Mar 25, 2011
yes i'm talking about those with the magnetic clips that covers the front of the Ipad.. I hoped I could use them :rolleyes:

FlipMorten

Aug 18, 2011
Ålesund, Norway
yes i'm talking about those with the magnetic clips that covers the front of the Ipad.. I hoped I could use them :rolleyes:

Okay, those who are only attached on the side by magnet? Not sure about that one. Considering all the available space and ease of removing the back cover, I think it would be possible to make the side magnetic, if it isn't already. Then adopting the cover, if needed. Hopefully something similar will come to other tablet's with different edge than that of the ipad.

The plastic ones that goes one-in-one with the back was the one I was aiming at that won't fit. Like this
AA442_15_ALL.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: dh3ryand

itaysp

Mar 25, 2011
Thank You, but i'm looking for more elegant case.
"Cheese" are making a nice case for the "Ainol Hero".. Maybe I will buy the "Hero 2" instead of the "Spark" (just ordered it yesterday but I assume I can still regret)

glen.ricky

Sep 3, 2012
Jakarta
Mine just arrived today. So far so good, the screen is awesome. The bad thing is of course the soc, but still usable :)

Sent from my novo9-Spark using XDA Premium HD app

glen.ricky

Sep 3, 2012
Jakarta
I will report the battery life later as it just arrived today. Wifi so far so good when I change the channel to 11. Btw I use wifi from tethering my one x.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

itaysp

Mar 25, 2011
Well I tried to cancel my order of this 'Spark' but the seller already shipped it.
I'm looking for about 8 hours of battery life with browsering and reading PDF's, so I think the best choice for me now, after reading a lot of reviews, would be the first 'Hero' (dual core model)m but i'm stuck with this 'Spark'.

glen.ricky

Sep 3, 2012
Jakarta
Well I tried to cancel my order of this 'Spark' but the seller already shipped it.
I'm looking for about 8 hours of battery life with browsering and reading PDF's, so I think the best choice for me now, after reading a lot of reviews, would be the first 'Hero' (dual core model)m but i'm stuck with this 'Spark'.

Well if you don't mind the price different I think it okay for the spark as it has higher resolution display. Full gaming battery is about 5 hours

Sent from my novo9-Spark using XDA Premium HD app

itaysp

Mar 25, 2011
I don't mind about the price, but in the reviews it gets a bad ranking in battery time because of its high res screen (takes more power)

I would be happy to hear about your experience with the battery.

Last edited:

FlipMorten

Aug 18, 2011
Ålesund, Norway
I don't mind about the price, but in the reviews it gets a bad ranking in battery time because of its high res screen (takes more power)

I would be happy to hear about your experience with the battery.

In general it's about 4-5 hours when gaming with wi-fi on (The Simpsons Tapped out).

Somewhat better when watching music videos and wi-fi off. Approx 5-6 hours (full HD videos).

itaysp

Mar 25, 2011
thank you.. I think I'll sell it and buy the hero.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

FlipMorten

Aug 18, 2011
Ålesund, Norway
build-prop tweaks anyone?

Has anyone tried any build.prop tweaks?

I've changed manufacturer and model description to immitate Motorola Xyboard/Xoom 2 as it also uses SGX chipset. This went fine, it worked for some things, but still error 5002 on the Sims FreePlay. Most likely due to no support for the Spark's DPI. I tried setting it to 160 DPI (or perhaps it was 140, not 100 % sure). This caused a soft brick, but I was able to get it working again with the mandatory upgrade with phoenixsuit.

Has anyone had any luck changing dpi?

Edit:
I also changed the XML files as described HERE. It gave me acces to more apps in Google Play than emulating the Xyboard/Xoom 2. Still no luck on the Sims though.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Latest Firmware and Customs ROMs

Current official Firmware is: 20130422-V1

Date: 2013.05.07
    Software Size: 336.51 MB
    Applicable: NOVO9 FireWire quad-core

After the upgrade version number: Novo9-Spark-LX-20130422v1

This version of firmware major improvements:
    Change shutdown charging current 1.8A
    (2) to change the default URL: www.ainol.com
    Google input method before the change individual font but with no success
    4. Updating System slow
    5 Change the camera Huaping
    6 Change 2.0 firmware Login QQ machine will restart

Pre-upgrade considerations:
    1: If the machine does not use exceptions, do not recommend users to easily upgrade
    2: inside the machine before upgrading the audio and video files and backup apk, the upgrade process will machine everything inside the empty (Note: the pea pods backup can not save game progress)
    3: user downloaded firmware package name and the figure below some of the file name is inconsistent
    4: The first time you start to the system interface to unlock the lock screen too fast may not be able to unlock a little wait for the unlock (probably in about 10 seconds)

1: If the machine does not appear to use exception, not the user is free to upgrade
    2: set the inside of the machine before upgrading the audio and video files and apk for backup, the upgrade process will machine all the things Empty (Note: the pea pods backup can not save game progress)
    3: The name of the user to download the firmware package may be inconsistent and file name shown below
    4: The first time you start the system interface to the lock screen unlock operation too fast and may not be able to unlock little wait unlock (time is about 10 seconds or so)

Download link: http://ainol.com/plugin.php?identifier=ainol&module=download&action=info&downloadid=133

Step 2. Download firmware image from above link for your tablet and load it in PhoenixSuit. If you receive error in PhoenixSuit, you can try moving the firmware file to desktop. That worked for me.

Step 3. Enable USB debug in tablet's developer settings and connect to computer. PhoenixSuit will inform you of this and then it's just follow the instructions on screen.

Alternative Step 3. If this normal procedure does not work and/or your tablet is a little soft bricked. You can try the following:
    -Power off your tablet. (Holding the power button for approx 10 seconds if the tablet is locked/black screen after boot)
    -Continue to keep the home-button pressed and click on the Power button very shortly (about 0,5 seconds) about 10 times.

attachment.php

You should see a new dialog box appear in PhoenixSuit asking you to perform a "Mandatory format"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Folk ROM based on V1.35 modded by lifeyu available HERE

Google translated information
    * Based official v1.35 produced
    * direct card by the official recovery brush upgrade
    * streamline and integrate several utility most applications
    * Integrated update Google applications
    * Practical camera JB + replacement comes with the camera application
    * the play shops compatibility improved Google
    * touch and system parameters to optimize
    * increase in notification bar wifi switch
    * state bar volume buttons
    * Fixed lock screen, lock screen is still rotating
    * repair part The built-in storage software can not read and write
    * increase the full-screen function, can be switched by the application of full-screen switch

update method:

* download the zip firmware file is placed into the built-in storage, reboot into recovery update
    * recommendations Brush wipe operation

mak1975 @slatedroid said:
    Some info on "how to" flash this one, copy the zip file to the internal memory (not the external micro-sd card), reboot in recovery mode, wipe data, cache, etc and flash the zip file, do the 3 wipes again and reboot...

Some have reported bugs and touchscreen malfunction from this firmware.
    Game support

Angry Birds *All* - Very Good
    Asphalt 7 - Very good
    Bad Piggies HD - Very Good
    Beach Buggy Blitz - Very good
    Cut The Rope - Very Good (Video Bug is present in starting animation as in Youtube app)
    Doodle Jump - Very Good
    Dragon Slayer (glu) - Very good
    Dead Trigger - Very good on medium setting, may occasionally lag at higher.
    Downhill Xtreme - Very good
    GTA III (sideloaded with SGX files) - Very good @ highest resolution, and about 40% drawing distance.
    Jetpack Joyride - Very Good
    Pinball Arcade - Very good
    Riptide GT - Very good
    Real Racing 3 - Very good - on mine, though some have reported minor lag
    Six Guns - Good, sometimes a bit low FPS
    SSG 2 - Good Some Bugs
    Temple Run 2- Very good
    The Dark Knigt Rises - Decent, but may lag at times
    The Sims FreePlay - Error 5002. Will not start.
    The Simpsons Tapped out - Very good
    Zen Pinball HD - Very good
    Zombiewood - Zombies in LA! Runs smooth, but character and Zombies are invisible in game!
    ainol_novo9_spark.jpg

Main features:
    CPU: Allwinner A31 Quad Core CPU
    GPU: Power VR SGX544MP2
    RAM 2GB,DDR3 Dual-Channel DDR3 64bit
    Storage 16GB
    Screen: Capacitive Touchscreen, 2048*1536 High-resolution Retina IPS Screen
    Size: 9.7 inch
    PPI:264
    Visible Angle: 178°
    HDMI:Support
    Camera: Dual camera Front 2.0 MP, back 5.0 MP Autofocus
    WIFI Yes, 802.11 b/g/n

Latest firmwares from Ainol available HERE

Tip!
    Ainol-tablet.com recommends using channel 11 on your wi-fi router for best signal.(source)
    New firmware is in the works.

Many have reported that replacing the stock Launcher with Nova Launcher, GO Launcher or other has improved system perfomance,
    as well as replacing the stock keyboard with Swiftkey, Swype or other. I am using Swype and Nova.
    Current official Firmware is: 20130313-V1

Current official Firmware is: 20130313-V1

Size:318.61 MB

Changes:-
    1.Enhanced system stability
    2Enhanced protection of the contents of flash and sd card
    3. 4.480 * 272 resolution support video playback performance and display optimization
    5.nand driver upgraded to support the latest technology products such as Hynix 20nm
    6.Photo preview frame rate optimization to 30fps, support for BT656 interface
    7. Hibernation wake-up time optimization
    8 support face recognition unlock function
    9. Compatible the MTP / UDISK connection mode
    10. support card to start with the dr
    Rear af camera effects to optimize exposure adjustments (the handsome young NOTE: try to end steady machine, using the built-in "snapshot" application focus after you press the shutter to keep live side stable 2 seconds waiting to see lower right save Photo successful then move to clear, do not know of a software problem or a firmware problem, focus camera operation and save some slow, if the press after the mobile must be imaginary spend, exposure to normal, personal test feeling tonight rear AF photographic effects done correctly or significantly improve, of course, you have to ensure protective film behind the camera head torn off, it is difficult to detect in the corner with a wooden toothpick scratch see)

This upgrade because it comes to the stability of the system and flash protection mechanisms, so be sure the tool Brush mandatory formatted upgrade is selected (the default software to remind you recommend not formatted, do not ignore it)

Brush tool and detailed graphic tutorials here:
    http://bbs.ainol.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=40602

Firmware img compression package download:
    http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=297621&uk=420337580

Update Instructions:-

New official firmware update 20130320-V1

This version firmware major improvements:
    1 video playback performance and display optimization
    2.480 * 272 resolution support
    3.nand driver upgraded to support the latest technology products such as Hynix 20nm
    Photo preview frame rate optimization to 30fps, support for BT656 interface
    5. Hibernation wake-up time optimization
    6 support face recognition unlock function
    7. Compatible the MTP / UDISK connection mode
    8 support card to start with the dr
    9. Optimized set photo photographic effect of the head and the camera exposure phenomenon
    10. Optimization of the head camera Front camera red spot phenomenon

Note: before upgrade