[custom rom] CyanogenMod 11 (4.4.2) for Allwinner A31 by ChristianTroy - update 2014-
[custom rom] CyanogenMod 11 (4.4.2) for Allwinner A31 by ChristianTroy - update 2014- [2/02/14]
Issues and possible workarounds
* Accelerated video playback is supported by MX Player in HW+ mode and pretty much every file will play. For a better audio support (included DTS playback) have a look here.
* HDMI shows a picture but it doesn't fill the TV screen entirely (it's a kernel regression introduced with "SDK" 3.x kernels).
* A31's GPU doesn't play nice when it's used to render web pages. Up to 4.3 there was a way to force WebKit to use the CPU but now it's not possible anymore. Stock browser (and apps based on stock WebKit) will perform choppy but you can just install a browser that has its dedicated engine. Chrome and Opera will work perfectly for example. fixed with 4.4.1 WebKit
* Reboot to recovery performs a regular reboot. To reboot into recovery launch terminal emulator, type "su" and "reboot-recovery". After that just perform a reboot from the power menu.
* Maybe other things?
* USB GPS support (cp210x and pl2303)
* Xbox 360 gamepad support (xpad)
* PS3 USB gamepad support (hid-sony)
* Generic / chinese (Pantherlord / GreenAsia) gamepads support (hid-pl and hid-gaff)
* OpenVPN support (tun)
* Veno congestion control algorithm
* USB audio
* USB bluetooth (It supports only CSR devices, they can be identified typing "lsusb" from an app like "terminal emulator": the supported device will be present with an entry like "Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0a12:0001" ("0a12:0001" is the supported VID:PID). Do not boot with the bluetooth plugged in; plug it once you booted to android.) (will be back soon)
* You need TWRP to be able to flash this rom and you must have flashed an SDK 3.2 stock rom using "PhoenixSuit" before. Read the previous posts in the thread for further instructions.
* Put rom (cm-11-$DATE-UNOFFICIAL-spark.zip) and gapps (gapps-kk44-core-a31.zip) files inside internal or external sdcard.
* Turn on the tablet in recovery mode as explained in TWRP thread.
* If this is your first install select "Factory reset" from "Wipe" menu.
* Flash rom (cm-11-$DATE-UNOFFICIAL-spark.zip), gapps (gapps-kk44-core-a31.zip)
* Now select "Reboot".
* Enjoy CyanogenMod 11!
ROM - http://adf(dot)ly/czCpF
Gapps - http://adf(dot)ly/czCeo
* If your devices doesn't have a volume rocker you can install one of these apps to control volume from the notifications: Volume in notification, TrayVolume
* WiFi now can stay enabled with display turned off. Note that if WiFi is enabled the tablet won't enter deep sleep so if you're more interestead in battery life instead of an always on WiFi change policy (on "Advanced" WiFi settings) from "Always" to "Never".
* Internal memory is mounted at /storage/sdcard0, external sdcard is mounted at /storage/sdcard1 and usb disks are mounted at /storage/usbdisk0.
* If you prefer "stock" (and, IMHO, wrong) look (aka with H*U*G*E icons) flash this zip - http://adf(dot)ly/czCuc