Quick update #2: If the QR scanner is not working for you after the new update, please DM me as soon as possible. I can see error reports on Crashlytics but no one reached to cooperate in resolving the issue.
SuperBeam is the easiest and fastest way to share files between Android devices using WiFi Direct (or tethering mode for older devices). Devices can be paired using QR Code scanning (with the included scanner) or NFC if available (just like Samsung's proprietary S-Beam).
- Share files between devices using NFC or QR code scanning.
- Blazing fast transfer speeds using WiFi direct.
- Switches to hotspot mode automatically for devices that doesn't support WiFi direct.
- Can use existing WiFi network connection between devices.
- Share single or multiple files of any type (photos, videos, zip files, APK's... You name it!)
- Share with devices that do not have SuperBeam using web interface.
- Works with all 3rd party file managers and photo galleries.
- Light and dark color themes.
Google Play link:
Get more, upgrade to PRO:
- Get rid of ads.
- Change the default saving location to any directory on any available storage (like external SD card).
- Send and receive files to/from your computer through SuperBeam app for PC, using QR code or manual sharing key (get it from http://superbe.am) *
- Send entire folders and preserve their hierarchy.
- Pair devices using manual sharing key. This is particularly useful for devices that do not have a camera nor NFC (like Android TV's).
- Share files with more than one device at the same time.
- Send unlimited number of files through web interface, with the ability to download them all as a zip archive (with folders too!).
- Share SuperBeam APK for those situations where there is no internet connection around. Makes life easier for your friends!
- Automatically disable mobile data (3G/4G) connection while sharing with other devices, to prevent them from eating through your data plan.
- Be SuperAwesome and support the future development of SuperBeam. This is just the beginning, and we have much more to surprise you with!
Ideas, problems & questions: http://support.superbe.am
Email: support [at] superbe.am
A note about WiFi direct
SuperBeam creates an access point using Android's WiFi direct API's. This essentially works like hotspot mode in old devices, but it is guaranteed to work on newer devices like Nexus 7. Moreover, this mode allows older devices to connect and receive files without having to support WiFi direct's peer-to-peer connections and, more importantly, it gets rid of the annoying "accept connection" prompt.
Also, please note that this mode is currently supported by Android versions 4.1 and greater. On older versions, SuperBeam will fallback to the older hotspot mode.
If sending fails
Sometimes, WiFi direct doesn't play well when sending from some devices (especially those that have custom ROMs). Please follow these steps to switch to hotspot (tethering) mode if WiFi direct is causing you issues (on the sending device):
- Open SuperBeam scanner.
- Tap options > settings.
- Tap Advanced settings > Preferred direct method.
- Choose Hotspot.
- Close SuperBeam and try sharing again.
Watch the full XDA review of the previous version here: