Finally unlocked!!! using serial made from cradle mod.
I finally managed to unlock my XDA, now I can truly say to be a proud XDA mobile owner in Italy! ;)
[was "Serial cable using craddle: having problem with Manipulator"
I was too excited to wait for the delivery of a serial cable from the States and I tried to use the cradle circuit (to open it you need a special screw driver to lift the 4 screw hidden underneath the 4 rubbers).
*** IF YOU ARE NOT AN EXPERT DON'T USE THIS SYSTEM ***
you could seriously damage the cradle circuit and XDA!! Not jocking....
I connected the wire of the 9pin rs232 to the beige connector on the cradle circuit as follow (please note that the connection of only the first 3 lines below didn't work for me):
[Con2 is the beige connector, pins are counted form the left facing it]
2 (gnd)---1st--- 5(gnd)
8 (txd)---4th--- 2 (rxd)
10(rxd)---7th--- 3 (txd)
6(dcd)----2nd--- 4 (dtr)
7 (cts)----3rd----7 (rts)
9 (rts)----5th----8 (cts)
11(dtr)---8th----6 (dsr, dcd)
Note that the last connection really made the difference for me (thanks XDA Dev. Peter Poelman!!).
I experienced problems when using Manipulator with my Notebook, it was just sitting on "scanning" mode looking for the com port...
Using HyperTerminal I could receive from XDA but not able to send command.
I eventually tried Manipulator with my desktop PC and... GOT IT!!! The com port has been found in 4 second, and after having pressed on "unlock" I was UNLOCKED in less then 1 minute!!! Yippiieeeeee!
Still don't know if the problem was:
- XDA with low battery charge
- a false connection on the serial cable
- or a problem with my notebook
But this is not important anymore now ;)
Thanks a lot to all XDA-Developers for the great job with Manipulator and for this great forum!
Hope this msg will make life easier also for some new XDA user.