5,605,766 Members 48,210 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] Process Hacker 2.30 [[beta]] for Windows RT

Tip us?

bfosterjr
Old
(Last edited by bfosterjr; 31st March 2013 at 12:17 AM.) Reason: updated kernel driver
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 142

DONATE TO ME
Smile [APP] Process Hacker 2.30 [[beta]] for Windows RT

All,

Please find the attached Windows RT native binaries for Process Hacker (v 2.30). See the project homepage for more details:

http://processhacker.sourceforge.net/

I'm currently labeling this as a [[beta]] release because I've disabled some functionality to get this building clean for Windows RT. The kernel component is not yet ported. I'm going to continue working on this tool in my spare time to add any missing functionality. Its not quite ProcessExplorer.. but its pretty darn close

I haven't had a whole lot of time to test everything.. so if anyone finds any other functionality that is missing or appears broken please report it here so I can investigate fixing it.

Cheers!

EDIT: I forgot to include the plugins in the original zip package.. all fixed now. Sorry.

EDIT2: It looks like someone else actually worked on this a few weeks ago but failed to share it with anyone -> http://processhacker.sourceforge.net....php?f=5&t=926

EDIT3: Stack walking and proper CPU identification should now work. I've also renamed the zip files to avoid confusion. This is the 3rd release.

EDIT4: Posted a test signed kernel driver. It has been built without the WDK/DDK and in debug mode. I've also included the pdb file for those who might need/want it. Drop this in the root folder and restart processhacker. Its been very stable for me, but please use at your own risk. *updated - 31-03-2013*
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (3).jpg
Views:	2094
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	1787839  
Attached Files
File Type: 7z ProcessHacker_2.30_arm_beta_rel3.7z - [Click for QR Code] (600.6 KB, 766 views)
File Type: zip kprocesshacker_rel2.zip - [Click for QR Code] (104.7 KB, 276 views)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bfosterjr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

save_jeff
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Default Thx

That is great. Aspecialy because my Task manager is not running anymore.
But it is running at 50% CPU usage. quit a lot i think.

bfosterjr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 142

DONATE TO ME
Default Update

Original post has been updated with new binaries. Stack walking and CPU identification issues now fixed.

kkw620
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Is it possible that porting kernel driver for ARM platform?
I only know that there is no DDK for ARM platform.
I've been looking for it, but still cannot find it yet.

bfosterjr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 142

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkw620 View Post
I haven't tried it yet.. but I'm not expecting it to be too difficult. There really isn't a "DDK" anymore.. and the driver kit has been merged into the Windows SDK. All that I can see missing from the SDK is the kernel libraries. For simple software drivers you don't need that many libs.

Anyway.. I'll post an update here once (and if) I get it building. The biggest problem will be testing it.. because I won't be able to do any kernel debugging

Cheers!

mamaich
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 208

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkw620 View Post
You'll need ARM WDK that is not public (I really believe that soon it would be leaked, similar to IFS and HAL DDKs in old days).
You can compile simple drivers without it by taking the headers from x86 WDK and recreating the import libraries yourself - some persons succeeded in that. But even if you have ARM WDK - not all drivers can be ported by a simple recompilation. For example I've tried to recompile an OpenVPN driver - and failed, as it is based on NDIS 5.0 when minimal supported NDIS version in RT is 6.3. Someone familiar with NDIS is needed to update its sources first.

mamaich
Old
(Last edited by mamaich; 9th March 2013 at 01:13 PM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 208

DONATE TO ME
Compiled the driver for RT. Driver is unsigned - sign it yourself. And driver is not tested by me. The only thing I've modified except for project settings - commented the "_asm"s.
Binaries attached.

Edited: attached modified sources too.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Win8Release.zip - [Click for QR Code] (120.8 KB, 74 views)
File Type: 7z KProcessHacker-src.7z - [Click for QR Code] (150.3 KB, 53 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mamaich For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bfosterjr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 142

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaich View Post
Compiled the driver for RT. Driver is unsigned - sign it yourself. And driver is not tested by me. The only thing I've modified except for project settings - commented the "_asm"s.
Binaries attached.

See .. I figured it would be easy . As I said, you really don't _need_ the DDK/WDK, but it would certainly make most drivers much easier to work with. As much as I appreciate the binaries the biggest problem is testing without having a kernel debugger. Testing and debugging via crash dumps is not what I would call fun

Cheers!

kkw620
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Smile Thanks! Seems that it is working fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaich View Post
Binaries attached.

I did jailbreak 1.20 on my Surface RT. I saw that it contains kernel code execution hack, (means that Test Mode for test signing driver)
And I signed the driver with test signature, put the driver file in same folder with Process Hacker main binary.
After that, I opened up Process Hacker with Administrator right.

You know, without the kernel driver, when I wanna see the stack trace of threads which are on "System" process, it isn't possible.
But now it works!

It seems that it is working fine. I try to test more.

bfosterjr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 142

DONATE TO ME
Default kernel driver

Post updated to include my own built version of the kernel driver.