[APP] New Updated! Revolution wallpaper packs

Search This thread

russell664

Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere you can't imagine...
Hello guys,
I have been working on a system app, based on the AOSP source code what we can use to change our wallpapers without doing through sense, which is great for the de-Sense and the Stripped editions. :)

Now I have made a CM9 wallpaper pack, it will be included into the De-Sense edition, to make the system feel just that little bit more "AOSP" :)
Now for the wallpaper packs!

Code:
#include 
 * Your warranty is now void.
 *By you using my Mods, Roms etc...
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, or dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. 
 * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/
A word of notice, there are two versions of this app! If you are on the sense base use the launcher based one, however if you are on the De-Sense or Super Stripped ReVoluTioN Roms, them install the system wide package!

CM9 Wallpaper Pack:

Wallpaperpackstemplate.jpg

Download the CM9 Wallpaper Pack:
Automated install via a flashable zip:
Launcher based package, recommended for the ReVoluTioN Sense Edition: Link
System Wide package, recommended for both the Stripped Edition and De-Sense Edition of ReVoluTioN: link

Manual install via ADB (Read post three of this thread, to know exactly where to push this app):
Launcher Based package, recommended for the ReVoluTioN Sense Edition: Link
System wide package, recommended for both the Super Stripped and De-sense Edition of ReVoluTioN: Link

Nexus wallpaper Pack:

Wallpaperpacksnexus.jpg

Download the Nexus Wallpaper Pack:
System Wide package, recommended for both the Stripped Edition and De-Sense Edition of ReVoluTioN: Link

Manual install via ADB (Read post three of this thread, to know exactly where to push this app):
System wide package, recommended for both the Super Stripped and De-sense Edition of ReVoluTioN: Link

MIUI Wallpaper Pack:

WallpaperpackMIUI.jpg

Download the MIUI Wallpaper Pack:
System Wide package, recommended for both the Stripped Edition and De-Sense Edition of ReVoluTioN: Link

Sense 5 Wallpaper pack:

WallpaperpackSense5-1.jpg

Download the Sense 5 Wallpaper Pack:

On the third post on this thread, you will find both installation instructions using a manual method (ADB) and an automated one (UPDATE ZIP). Also there are recommendations and guidelines which should be followed, before anyone posts bug reports relating to this app, if you do not follow these guidelines and have problems, it is your own fault!

Last edited:

russell664

Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere you can't imagine...
Re: [APP] Revolution wallpaper packs

There are a few installation methods which you can use to install these wallpaper packs, there is one for beginners as well as the mire experienced members, who prefer using ADB rather than install zips.
  • Custom built flashable zips for both the inexperienced members here at XDA, or just the plain lazy members who don't have much time on their hands.
  • Copying the individule APK to your phone,please be aware that this app does not go into the data partition, only the system partition! For example, these directories below are for inexperienced members, who are willing to try things out, and learn a little more about their phones file system, and how it is structured:

The incorrect directory to copy the custom wallpaper app to via ADB:
    Code:
    /data/app/revolution_wallpaper_packxxxxxx.apk

The correct directory to copy the custom wallpaper app to via ADB:
    Code:
    /system/app/revolution_wallpaper_packxxxxxx.apk

If you push the wallpaper pack to the wrong directory, you may have a lot of system force closes, and the app will not work. This is why you NEED to push this app to the system directory and not the data directory.

How to use this app?

First of all you need to know which version of the app you are going to install, if you are installing the launcher based version, which can have more than one wallpaper pack installed, then follow the first steps after this text. However, if you are using the non launcher version, which is recommended for both the Super Stripped and De-Sense Editions because it intergrates very well, and acts just like AOSP does. Be warned though I do not recommend installing more than one wallpaper pack if you are using this version of the app, if you do post your experience, as it may not cause any problems, but there is always a possibility it can cause system issues.

Last edited:

TheRedHunter

Apr 6, 2012
Middle Earth

These moderators are freaks, they won't move some of your threads to the stickies. Good work Russell.

whoamigriffiths

Oct 18, 2012
Behind You
I downloaded the Miui version russ .
I used the flashable version as I know you need it testing and not because I'm lazy at all *cough,cough*
Worked brilliantly no probs at all , thanks russ:good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys,
    I have been working on a system app, based on the AOSP source code what we can use to change our wallpapers without doing through sense, which is great for the de-Sense and the Stripped editions. :)

Now I have made a CM9 wallpaper pack, it will be included into the De-Sense edition, to make the system feel just that little bit more "AOSP" :)
    Now for the wallpaper packs!

Code:
    #include 
     * Your warranty is now void.
     *By you using my Mods, Roms etc...
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, or dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. 
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */
    A word of notice, there are two versions of this app! If you are on the sense base use the launcher based one, however if you are on the De-Sense or Super Stripped ReVoluTioN Roms, them install the system wide package!

CM9 Wallpaper Pack:

Wallpaperpackstemplate.jpg

Download the CM9 Wallpaper Pack:
    System Wide package, recommended for both the Stripped Edition and De-Sense Edition of ReVoluTioN: link

Nexus wallpaper Pack:

Wallpaperpacksnexus.jpg

Download the Nexus Wallpaper Pack:

MIUI Wallpaper Pack:

WallpaperpackMIUI.jpg

Download the MIUI Wallpaper Pack:

Sense 5 Wallpaper pack:

WallpaperpackSense5-1.jpg

Download the Sense 5 Wallpaper Pack:

On the third post on this thread, you will find both installation instructions using a manual method (ADB) and an automated one (UPDATE ZIP). Also there are recommendations and guidelines which should be followed, before anyone posts bug reports relating to this app, if you do not follow these guidelines and have problems, it is your own fault!

There are a few installation methods which you can use to install these wallpaper packs, there is one for beginners as well as the mire experienced members, who prefer using ADB rather than install zips.
    • Custom built flashable zips for both the inexperienced members here at XDA, or just the plain lazy members who don't have much time on their hands.
    • Copying the individule APK to your phone,please be aware that this app does not go into the data partition, only the system partition! For example, these directories below are for inexperienced members, who are willing to try things out, and learn a little more about their phones file system, and how it is structured:

The incorrect directory to copy the custom wallpaper app to via ADB:
      Code:
      /data/app/revolution_wallpaper_packxxxxxx.apk

The correct directory to copy the custom wallpaper app to via ADB:
      Code:
      /system/app/revolution_wallpaper_packxxxxxx.apk

If you push the wallpaper pack to the wrong directory, you may have a lot of system force closes, and the app will not work. This is why you NEED to push this app to the system directory and not the data directory.

How to use this app?

First of all you need to know which version of the app you are going to install, if you are installing the launcher based version, which can have more than one wallpaper pack installed, then follow the first steps after this text. However, if you are using the non launcher version, which is recommended for both the Super Stripped and De-Sense Editions because it intergrates very well, and acts just like AOSP does. Be warned though I do not recommend installing more than one wallpaper pack if you are using this version of the app, if you do post your experience, as it may not cause any problems, but there is always a possibility it can cause system issues.
    it doesnt give an error message mate, just fails to load the wallpapers and the apk isnt listed in the system. installed via adb now :good:

Reserved for more packs

Sent from my HTC Desire C using xda premium

Maybe other stuff here

Sent from my HTC Desire C using xda premium