Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,925 Members 52,058 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

OVERHAUL![ROM]: *NEW: CarbonRom V4*[Apr4] / CarbonClash V3 - Your "All-In-1" Rom

Tip us?

ATRIXXIRTA
Old
(Last edited by ATRIXXIRTA; 5th April 2013 at 06:05 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 719
Arrow OVERHAUL![ROM]: *NEW: CarbonRom V4*[Apr4] / CarbonClash V3 - Your "All-In-1" Rom

CarbonClash/CarbonRom

PLEASE AVOID BENCHMARKING FOR NOW UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. THANKS!

Carbon Features:

Android 4.2.2
PIE
Xposed Framework (May cause stability or performance issues - use at your own risk!)
Comprehensive speed enhancements, including Linaro -O3 and processor-specific optimizations
Unofficial Voodoo Sound support on Note 2 and i9300 devices.
Option to hide lockscreen hints
Carousel lockscreen
Customizable lockscreen buttons and sliders
Chronus clock widget
Customizable hardware and software keys
Transparent navbar and status bar
Customizable navbar ring
Navbar arrow keys
Navigation bar widgets
Customizable power menu
Notification power widget
Notification brightness adjustment
Customizable quicksettings panel
Statusbar mods including center clock and color
LCD Density
Theme engine
Quiet hours
Volume rocker music controls
Full Rotation
Customizable battery and notification light
More that haven't even been mentioned, and more to come!

My "Clash" Features:

* 2 Different Xperia launchers
* TouchWizz Launcher
* Motorola launcher.
* Jam PACKED with ringtones and notification sounds
* Swag Papers (AOKP wallpapers)
* Motorola wallpapers
* TouchWizz wallpapers
* .zip in OP of some wallpapers that fit the "Carbon" name, and some that I just like
* "Pitch Black" theme
* Xperia Z theme
* Optimus G theme
* Awesome "Circles" widget included with motorola launcher
* Motorola Stock Camera
* AwesomeBeats
* AC!D SoundMOD
* Various Optimus G live wallpapers

Bugs:
*To get "Circle Widgets" for moto launcher working, you have to navigate to system/apps with a root explorer (I recommend es file explorer), and locate a system app called "launcher2". Click it to re-install it, and it will work just fine
*Xperia wallpapers have no wallpapers in them

INSTALL:
*Download Rom
*Download houstonn's kernel
*Nandroid your current ROM
*Factory Reset
*Wipe Cache
*Wipe Dalvik Cache
*Format System (in mounts and storage)
*Install/Flash ROM
*Install/Flash houstonn's kernel
*Install/Flash Gapps pack
*Reboot

DOWNLOADS:

Copy&Paste Links:
*NOTE*: A dirty install from CarbonRom to CarbomClash SHOULD be ok, (key word "should"). Just do all wipes except "factory reset."

CarbonRom V4; AOKP base:http://d-h.st/CIR
-CarbonDev team did a major overhaul of UI
-Used Haze028's new AOKP build as a base

CarbonClash V3: http://d-h.st/RAD
- Fixed Homescreen (moto launcher) from fc'n constantly.
- Added TouchWizz and samsung wallpapers
- Added Xperia Z & Optimus theme
- Fixed talk to text and Google Now voice search force closing
- Other stuff Im to tired to remember...

CarbonClash V2: http://d-h.st/8C5

CarbonRom and CarbonClash V1 Download Link:
http://dev.vedpetkar.com/lgog/rom/carbon-atrixxirta/

Thanks for hosting vpetkar http://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=4985429

Carbon Wallpapers: http://d-h.st/jZf

Ported Rom from this thread: http://goo.im/devs/carbon

"CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. The team is composed of former members of Team Liquid who have forked the code in an attempt to bring greater speed, better coding, and full authorship to code. We are in no way affiliated with Liquid0624. The rom was forked at Liquid beta 3.2.1 and has since undergone major code changes and modifications. Please note that some devices do not have linaro-built kernels at this time.

We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen1s.jpg
Views:	2563
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	1788691   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen2s.jpg
Views:	2152
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	1788692   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen3s.jpg
Views:	2006
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	1788693   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen4s.jpg
Views:	1940
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	1788694   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen5s.jpg
Views:	1901
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	1788696  

Name:	screen6s.jpg
Views:	1811
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	1788697   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen7s.jpg
Views:	1743
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	1788698   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen8s.jpg
Views:	1668
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	1788699   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen9s.jpg
Views:	1629
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	1788700   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-03-19-02-17-44.jpg
Views:	1078
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	1816195  

Name:	Screenshot_2013-03-19-02-18-24.jpg
Views:	1345
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	1816196   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-03-19-02-19-13.jpg
Views:	1254
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	1816197   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-03-19-02-19-40.jpg
Views:	1245
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	1816198   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-03-19-02-19-51.jpg
Views:	1102
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	1816204   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-03-19-02-20-29.jpg
Views:	1182
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	1816205  

Name:	Screenshot_2013-03-19-02-28-13.jpg
Views:	1269
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	1816206   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-03-19-02-28-24.jpg
Views:	1128
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	1816207   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-03-19-02-28-30.jpg
Views:	1116
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	1816211   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-03-19-02-28-39.jpg
Views:	1080
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	1816212   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-03-19-02-29-09.jpg
Views:	1017
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	1816213  

Phones: Motorola Atrix 4G ---> Samsung Galaxy Nexus (temporarily) ---> LG Optimus 3d ---> Samsung Galaxy SII LTE Skyrocket ---> LG Optimus G ---> Sony Xperia ZL ---> Motorola Moto G
My Roms/Ports: CarbonRom/CarbonClash (port): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2181390
Thanks: XDA and all its members. Without you I'd still be an uneducated bumpkin complaining about my shi**y phone.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ATRIXXIRTA For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gentlemandroid17
Old
(Last edited by gentlemandroid17; 8th March 2013 at 10:51 AM.)
Thanks Meter 119
Default Re: [ROM][PORT] ---------> CarbonRom: A Nexus 4 port!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRIXXIRTA View Post
*********NOT MY WORK!!******NOT MY WORK!!******NOT MY WORK!!***********
WORK IN PROGRESS!! FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

Hey guys,

Decided to try my hand at porting tonight using this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1908008

I HIIIGHLY recommend it if your thinking about, or looking to start porting.

For a while I wanted to port something that was unique to our forums. Since we have some amazing AOKP builds thanks to Haze028: http://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=4153704, and some nice AOSP and stock JB from Houstonn: http://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=4852479, I decided I wanted to see if I could bring something unique to the forum. I was thinking something like Paranoid, or maybe RootBox, but then I found CarbonRom. So I present to you my first, and I do mean FIRST!!! (and hopefully not last) successful attempt and almost kind of doing some sort of dev work.... maybe, lol.

Anyway its been booted and running smooth so far. Its actually surprisingly smooth, I think maybe even smoother than aokp or aosp. But it could be just me being excited I didn't brick my phone, haha.

Features:

Android 4.2.2
PIE
Xposed Framework (May cause stability or performance issues - use at your own risk!)
Comprehensive speed enhancements, including Linaro -O3 and processor-specific optimizations
Unofficial Voodoo Sound support on Note 2 and i9300 devices.
Option to hide lockscreen hints
Carousel lockscreen
Customizable lockscreen buttons and sliders
Chronus clock widget
Customizable hardware and software keys
Transparent navbar and status bar
Customizable navbar ring
Navbar arrow keys
Navigation bar widgets
Customizable power menu
Notification power widget
Notification brightness adjustment
Customizable quicksettings panel
Statusbar mods including center clock and color
LCD Density
Theme engine
Quiet hours
Volume rocker music controls
Full Rotation
Customizable battery and notification light
More that haven't even been mentioned, and more to come!

Not Working / Issues:
*Doesnt seem to be rooted properly. It comes with SuperSU installed, but I was having trouble updating the binaries. So I installed superuser and root checker, but root checker says im not properly rooted. And I cant get busybox to install.
*CPU shows it wont go lower then 1026 in performance menu, but it does go all the way down to 384. If you try to adjust it, the performance menu will freeze up on you. I think there is something wrong with the permissions. Part of the port instructions were to swap perm files, but the nexus and OG are so similar, I think I can get away with leaving them as is. That will be V2, lol.
*No NFC, not that anyone was expecting it to work (I hope). It kept fc'n on me when I first booted it so I had to take out the nfc apk's.
Anything else, please let me know.*

I haven't tested this with my sim card yet, so im not too sure about calling and texting. But wifi and bluetooth work, so I anticipate that they will work. I used chadouming's CM10 as a base (thank him here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=1986924), so most things are pretty solid. Im going to have to look into what the issue with root might be. Again this is a work in progress, so it can only get better from here.

And please bare in mind that this really is my first go at something like this, so be kind, lol. If anyone smarter that me, and I know your out there, wants to take what ive made and run with it to make it better, and maybe start another thread with a more stable build, go crazy.

Its hosted on my dropbox, so depending on how quick you guys click, if at all, the link may go down quick. If anyone who gets a download is able to post or host a mirror Id appreciate it.

Download Link: http://db.tt/LGXZFjG2

Ported Rom from this thread: http://goo.im/devs/carbon
"CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. The team is composed of former members of Team Liquid who have forked the code in an attempt to bring greater speed, better coding, and full authorship to code. We are in no way affiliated with Liquid0624. The rom was forked at Liquid beta 3.2.1 and has since undergone major code changes and modifications. Please note that some devices do not have linaro-built kernels at this time.

We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC."

Looks great. I noticed in one of the images the onscreen navigation buttons. On your build do the capacitive keys light up and the on screen buttons no longer visible?

Thanks. Look forward to flashing this.

Sent from my LG-E973 using xda app-developers app

G2 D802 - Galaxy S4 - Optimus G E973 - Galaxy SII HD LTE - Atrix 4G
HTC Wildfire S

" as a wise man once said, suck it up buttercup. "

Salut

ATRIXXIRTA
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 719
Default Re: [ROM][PORT] ---------> CarbonRom: A Nexus 4 port!

Yap cap keys work. You can set the nav bar height to "0" and it will turn off.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Phones: Motorola Atrix 4G ---> Samsung Galaxy Nexus (temporarily) ---> LG Optimus 3d ---> Samsung Galaxy SII LTE Skyrocket ---> LG Optimus G ---> Sony Xperia ZL ---> Motorola Moto G
My Roms/Ports: CarbonRom/CarbonClash (port): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2181390
Thanks: XDA and all its members. Without you I'd still be an uneducated bumpkin complaining about my shi**y phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to ATRIXXIRTA For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chadouming
Old
Thanks Meter 1675
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRIXXIRTA View Post
Yap cap keys work. You can set the nav bar height to "0" and it will turn off.

Are you compiling the rom from source ?
New? Read this post
Member of BBQTeam.
Offering you : BBQTools, OpenDesign and soon BBQDroid

<codeworkx> didn't look at it because i'm lazy.

BrockFerens
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Thanks for the effort, would be nice to see some ROM's showing up! Even if they're ports.

ATRIXXIRTA
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 719
Default Re: [ROM][PORT] ---------&gt; CarbonRom: A Nexus 4 port!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadouming View Post
Are you compiling the rom from source ?
Nope. I followed the guide found in the op. And used your cm10 as a base.

ROM also suffers from sod's if your connected to WiFi and you leave the network while two phone is asleep. If you turn off WiFi first you will be fine. Same bug as in houstonns aokp build he posted in Haze's thread.

qjai
Old
Thanks Meter 5
interesting. Keep up the work! love that the forum is starting to pick up again =)

ATRIXXIRTA
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 719

Anyone tried it out yet?

ATRIXXIRTA
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 719

Can confirm calls and texts do in fact work.

houstonn
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 9689

DONATE TO ME
the more the merrier ... I've been doing rootbox for alittle bit now.. before I post a thread up I wanted it to be super stable first. and work out all the issues..I've already been given permission for the original dev for using all his banners and such.. hope your rom comes along.. carbon is nice too

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to houstonn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]