[09.03.2013] QMobile Noir A2 (MTK 6575) 2.3.6 Root + CWM Recovery

Search This thread

Nagdrx

Mar 9, 2013
After using rooted devices since I switched to android. I took rooting Qmobile A2 as a challenge. I did this for my self and now sharing it for other users of Qmobile Noir A2 getting desperate for root access, here it comes:laugh:

I take no responsibility whatsoever comes to you. However, I have personally tested this on my QMobile Noir A2 with following specs:

Hardware : MT6575
Model : A2
Build number : ALPS.GB2.MP.V2.2
Build date UTC : 20120621-045853
Android version : 2.3.6
Baseband version: MAUI.11AMD.W11.50.SP.V14, 2012/04/20 13:54
Kernel version : 2.6.35.7 (wuhai@SW3-Server) (gcc version 4.4.3 (GCC) ) #1 Thu Jun 21 11:55:57 HKT 2012

Before you proceed, make sure that you have MTK6575 and your recovery partition has the same start address and size. Otherwise the recoveries here won't work for you. The recovery partition address starts from 0x0980000 and has a size of 0x00500000 (5 MB). You can check yours using MTKDriod tools or by typing "cat /proc/mtd" in terminal (or using ADB shell).

Note: In this guide a few of the stuff has MTK6573 string, but this doesn't mean that it will also work for MTK6573. I intentionally put MTK6573 for a reason.

In order to root you QMobile Noir A2 (MTK6575), follow these steps.
1) Getting things ready
a) Extract "Noir_A2_Root_Package.7z" all parts (1, 2 and 3)
b) Copy "CWM-SuperSU-v1.04.zip" to your sdcard.
c) Install drivers from "MT65x3 USB VCOM drivers" folder.​
2) Install CWM recovery
a) Turn off your mobile (remove battery)
b) Open SP Flash tool, click "Scatter-loading" and select file "MT6573_Android_scatter.txt".
c) Make sure ONLY "RECOVERY" is checked in partition and "recovery(CWM).img" file is selected.
d) Press "Download" button, and quickly connect your phone using a usb cable (first insert battery, if removed in step 2-a). It will start flashing the recovery. Once it is done, you will see a notification and a Green Circle.​
3) Gain root access
a) Boot into recovery by holding "volume +" and "volume -" and pressing the power key.
b) Select "recovery mode" from the options. You SHOULD see recovery menu in a while showing "CWM v5.5.0.4 for Android 2.3.x" on top.
Here, it is recommended that you backup your entire system to sdcard. So that you have something to come back to, incase you mess up.
c) In recovery menu, select "install zip from sdcard" -> "choose zip from sdcard" and select "CWM-SuperSU-v1.04.zip" file from sdcard, go for YES option. Wait for the flash to complete.
d) Now select "reboot system now" option. Wait for the phone to reboot to normal mode.​

YOU SHOULD NOW HAVE A ROOTED PHONE with SuperSU app installed, if you followed the steps correctly.

*In case you were unable to boot, restore your system from the backup (if you created any).
**If you want to go back to stock recovery, flash "recovery(Stock).img" using SP Flash tool.

To backup, go to recovery select "backup and restore" -> "backup".
To restore, go to recovery select "backup and restore" -> "restore".

I am not really the creator of this method, I just connected some pieces to get a working method. Most of the guide was extracted from various sources, considering the fact that QMobile Noir A2 and Fly IQ245+ are identical at hardware and lower-software level, just branded and boxed. I wanted to post links to the references but it is not allowed.

Update: CWM recovery 6.0.2.7 thanks to mega_man for contribution.

Last edited:

Nagdrx

Mar 9, 2013
Screenshots and UNROOTing

can you post some pics for verification and can you also tell the unrroot methd?

Here are the screenshots of the Rooted QMobile A2. I have superuser app instead of SuperSU. With the above root procedure you will get SuperSU

There is unroot option in SuperSU app. Moreover if one creates system backup in recovery, before installing CWM-SuperSU-v1.04.zip, he can restore original system partition from recovery later.

Attachments

• QApps_1_1.jpg
    QApps_1_1.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 1,592
  • RootChecker_1_1.jpg
    RootChecker_1_1.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 1,602
  • RootChecker_2_1.jpg
    RootChecker_2_1.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,491
  • SuperUserApp_1_1.jpg
    SuperUserApp_1_1.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 1,284
  • SuperUserApp_2_1.jpg
    SuperUserApp_2_1.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 1,126
  • SystemApps_1_1.jpg
    SystemApps_1_1.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 1,035
  • Terminal_1_1.jpg
    Terminal_1_1.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 884
Last edited:

hasan1987

Jun 15, 2012
Multan
i dont think there is a JB rom available...nor will there ever be

@Nagdrx

I have been fiddling with the higher end noirs start from a5classic and all the way to a10...found out a working root for them which you probably know...all i need is a guinea pig to test this method myself...and then praise your work even more

hammyboy

Mar 9, 2013
just one more thing... cause I m a noob at this .....can you define the method for backup and unroot please ...?

Sent from my A2 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

also..will root work on this?

$ cat /proc/mtd
dev: size erasesize name
mtd0: 00040000 00020000 "preloader"
mtd1: 000c0000 00020000 "dsp_bl"
mtd2: 00300000 00020000 "nvram"
mtd3: 00020000 00020000 "seccnfg"
mtd4: 00060000 00020000 "uboot"
mtd5: 00500000 00020000 "boot"
mtd6: 00500000 00020000 "recovery"
mtd7: 00120000 00020000 "secstatic"
mtd8: 00060000 00020000 "misc"
mtd9: 00300000 00020000 "logo"
mtd10: 000a0000 00020000 "expdb"
mtd11: 0fa00000 00020000 "system"
mtd12: 03c00000 00020000 "cache"
mtd13: 0ac20000 00020000 "userdata"
$

Last edited:
Reactions: dr sarwar

meowhussi

Feb 16, 2013
Worked.???

Is That Worked...?

I Also Want To Check It On My Mobile But Feeling Risky If Some One Has Done That Can You Please Share With Us

EDIT: It Worked ....Thanks Man

Last edited:

Nagdrx

Mar 9, 2013
@hasan1987
Well this is the only QMobile device I got like a week ago, So, Don't expect me to know much about QMobile smartphones. :p
Though I have a little background of HTC and Samsung Android devices :)

Nagdrx

Mar 9, 2013
@hammyboy
I generated scatter file from ur firmware info and what i got is that the start address (0x980000) and size is same. Partition wise your phone is good to go. If your Kernel version matches, then there shouldn't be a problem at all.

Were you unable to root with other methods?

Nagdrx

Mar 9, 2013
Is That Worked...?

I Also Want To Check It On My Mobile But Feeling Risky If Some One Has Done That Can You Please Share With Us

Worked for me :)

There is a risk involved, however I flashed like some 15 different recoveries everyone caused bootloops (only for recovery mode) until I looked and found the correct one.

FYI, I also have the stock recovery included, but if the CWM recovery won't work then you have a different stock (device/build), then there is a solid chance that stock recovery won't work either.

First verify that you have matching partition size, kernel, board id etc.

Last edited:

hammyboy

Mar 9, 2013
all rite ..heres my sys info ...plz check if it'll work for me ...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362841731709.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362841731709.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 258

meowhussi

Feb 16, 2013
ROM Or Other Things

Thanks Man....It Worked Is There Any Way Of Putting Some ROM On It Or IncreAse it internal Like In HTC we Do Increase Internal from Recovery And Then Install INT2EXT+ So Is Qmobile Supports INT2EXT

Nagdrx

Mar 9, 2013
Thanks Man....It Worked Is There Any Way Of Putting Some ROM On It Or IncreAse it internal Like In HTC we Do Increase Internal from Recovery And Then Install INT2EXT+ So Is Qmobile Supports INT2EXT

Glad to know it worked for you, now I can go for dinner :) Did you make a backup? If not, doing it now is highly recommended

Well there are apps for doing that, I found in a few threads here at xda, but aren't using any. I just moved all of my must-have apps to system memory, so that I have user data space.

Nagdrx

Mar 9, 2013
some one tell me how to backup

To backup, boot in to CWM recovery select "backup and restore" -> "backup". It will bakup all you partitions to sdcard.
To restore, boot in to CWM recovery select "backup and restore" -> "restore". Choose the backup you want to restore from sdcard.

Reactions: cool1616

cool1616

Mar 21, 2011
Thanks man!!! I had rooted my noir about a month ago using a different technique, was now looking for someone to post a CWM recovery for this phone, (I had already tried flashing about 7 or 8 different recoveries but none of them seemed to work). Found your post today, followed your procedure rebooted my phone and there it was, CWM finally working on the A2! Thanks again :)

Nagdrx

Mar 9, 2013
Thanks man!!! I had rooted my noir about a month ago using a different technique, was now looking for someone to post a CWM recovery for this phone, (I had already tried flashing about 7 or 8 different recoveries but none of them seemed to work). Found your post today, followed your procedure rebooted my phone and there it was, CWM finally working on the A2! Thanks again :)

My pleasure. Which other method you used to root? Is your device Noir A2?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After using rooted devices since I switched to android. I took rooting Qmobile A2 as a challenge. I did this for my self and now sharing it for other users of Qmobile Noir A2 getting desperate for root access, here it comes:laugh:

I take no responsibility whatsoever comes to you. However, I have personally tested this on my QMobile Noir A2 with following specs:

Hardware : MT6575
    Model : A2
    Build number : ALPS.GB2.MP.V2.2
    Build date UTC : 20120621-045853
    Android version : 2.3.6
    Baseband version: MAUI.11AMD.W11.50.SP.V14, 2012/04/20 13:54
    Kernel version : 2.6.35.7 (wuhai@SW3-Server) (gcc version 4.4.3 (GCC) ) #1 Thu Jun 21 11:55:57 HKT 2012

Before you proceed, make sure that you have MTK6575 and your recovery partition has the same start address and size. Otherwise the recoveries here won't work for you. The recovery partition address starts from 0x0980000 and has a size of 0x00500000 (5 MB). You can check yours using MTKDriod tools or by typing "cat /proc/mtd" in terminal (or using ADB shell).

Note: In this guide a few of the stuff has MTK6573 string, but this doesn't mean that it will also work for MTK6573. I intentionally put MTK6573 for a reason.

In order to root you QMobile Noir A2 (MTK6575), follow these steps.
    1) Getting things ready
    a) Extract "Noir_A2_Root_Package.7z" all parts (1, 2 and 3)
    b) Copy "CWM-SuperSU-v1.04.zip" to your sdcard.
    c) Install drivers from "MT65x3 USB VCOM drivers" folder.​
    2) Install CWM recovery
    a) Turn off your mobile (remove battery)
    b) Open SP Flash tool, click "Scatter-loading" and select file "MT6573_Android_scatter.txt".
    c) Make sure ONLY "RECOVERY" is checked in partition and "recovery(CWM).img" file is selected.
    d) Press "Download" button, and quickly connect your phone using a usb cable (first insert battery, if removed in step 2-a). It will start flashing the recovery. Once it is done, you will see a notification and a Green Circle.​
    3) Gain root access
    a) Boot into recovery by holding "volume +" and "volume -" and pressing the power key.
    b) Select "recovery mode" from the options. You SHOULD see recovery menu in a while showing "CWM v5.5.0.4 for Android 2.3.x" on top.
    Here, it is recommended that you backup your entire system to sdcard. So that you have something to come back to, incase you mess up.
    c) In recovery menu, select "install zip from sdcard" -> "choose zip from sdcard" and select "CWM-SuperSU-v1.04.zip" file from sdcard, go for YES option. Wait for the flash to complete.
    d) Now select "reboot system now" option. Wait for the phone to reboot to normal mode.​

YOU SHOULD NOW HAVE A ROOTED PHONE with SuperSU app installed, if you followed the steps correctly.

*In case you were unable to boot, restore your system from the backup (if you created any).
    **If you want to go back to stock recovery, flash "recovery(Stock).img" using SP Flash tool.

To backup, go to recovery select "backup and restore" -> "backup".
    To restore, go to recovery select "backup and restore" -> "restore".

I am not really the creator of this method, I just connected some pieces to get a working method. Most of the guide was extracted from various sources, considering the fact that QMobile Noir A2 and Fly IQ245+ are identical at hardware and lower-software level, just branded and boxed. I wanted to post links to the references but it is not allowed.

Update: CWM recovery 6.0.2.7 thanks to mega_man for contribution.
    Screenshots and UNROOTing

can you post some pics for verification and can you also tell the unrroot methd?

Here are the screenshots of the Rooted QMobile A2. I have superuser app instead of SuperSU. With the above root procedure you will get SuperSU

There is unroot option in SuperSU app. Moreover if one creates system backup in recovery, before installing CWM-SuperSU-v1.04.zip, he can restore original system partition from recovery later.
    Please follow this link, for Fly IQ245+ firmware, compatible with QMobile Noir A2 (only with version specified in First post).

I personally tested it like two weeks ago, I only flashed "RECOVERY" (recovery.img), "ANDROID" (system,img), "USRDATA" (userdata.img) and "SEC_RO" (secro.img). Try not to mess with Preloader or Uboot, It may lead to even worse state than you are in right now.

P.S. This is a Russian ROM, and I dont understand/speak Russian. However, if you phone starts in Russian, you can change language, when Android logo appears for first setup (asking for google account etc) after first boot.

WARNING: Only compatible with phone whose information/details/partition size/kernel version and date is in the very first post of this thread.
    I have rooted my noir a2 with cmw 5. Now plzz tell me how can I get cmw 6? Can I get it via same process? :eek:

Yes, just flash CWM v6 recovery via SP Flash tool. I was also using CWM v6 provided by mega_man.