Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Root and ABD for Nabi Jr.

OP VitaZora

9th March 2013, 01:33 PM   |  #1  
VitaZora's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 49
 
208 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
The Nabi Jr.is a small $99.00 version of the Fuhu Nabi 2. It has 4 GB of internal storage, micro SD slot, 5 inch capacitive screen, a Tegra 2 processor and is running ICS 4.0.4. Full Specs can be seen here.

The Nabi Jr. can be rooted easily following the guidelines below. I rooted mine in under 15 minutes. Of course, rooting voids your warranty and I am not responsible for anything that might go wrong.

The first step is to install the ADB drivers. I found this video guide which made the process easy enough:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDA8PpPSFuk

Then I followed the instructions for rooting with Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v18 at this link
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1886460

I chose Normal - Option 1.

Good luck!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-03-09-07-36-53.jpg
Views:	878
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	1791988  
Last edited by VitaZora; 9th March 2013 at 06:48 PM. Reason: added screenshot and specs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VitaZora For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th March 2013, 11:43 PM   |  #2  
VitaZora's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 49
 
208 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaZora

The Nabi Jr.is a small $99.00 version of the Fuhu Nabi 2. It has 4 GB of internal storage, micro SD slot, 5 inch capacitive screen, a Tegra 2 processor and is running ICS 4.0.4. Full Specs can be seen here.

The Nabi Jr. can be rooted easily following the guidelines below. I rooted mine in under 15 minutes. Of course, rooting voids your warranty and I am not responsible for anything that might go wrong.

The first step is to install the ADB drivers. I found this video guide which made the process easy enough:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDA8PpPSFuk

Then I followed the instructions for rooting with Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v18 at this link
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1886460

I chose Normal - Option 1.

Good luck!

Just wondering if anyone else has tried this. Lots of views but no replies. Hello? Anyone out there with a Nabi Jr.?
14th March 2013, 01:05 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Portland, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 729
 
660 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaZora

Just wondering if anyone else has tried this. Lots of views but no replies. Hello? Anyone out there with a Nabi Jr.?

I don't have one but yes I hear it works very well. Thanks for sharing!
The Following User Says Thank You to aicjofs For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th March 2013, 05:46 PM   |  #4  
shashivydyula's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 29
 
171 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Donate to Me
More
Never tried this!

But good and useful one!
16th March 2013, 02:37 AM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 92
 
283 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
yep it be true it does work . nice find
The Following User Says Thank You to Eric Karz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th May 2013, 07:18 PM   |  #6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
53 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
Just tried this and it works, it's actually easier to install the drivers using PDANet+

I am now trying to figure out a way to install GAPPS so I can have access to the play store.
13th May 2013, 09:10 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 92
 
283 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
i installed gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip
you should be able to side load it(with TWRP on either sd card) or install goomanager from 1mobile app market that you can install from the browser
hth.
18th May 2013, 01:49 AM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
Hi, I need help here. Hopefully you guys can help. I wiped the Nabi Jr system roms and now can't boot pass the Nabi logo. I Thought I had made a backup of it when I backup all the app, but it looks like I didn't. Been looking around and haven't found stock roms. So I'm hoping some of you Nabi Jr owners can help me out with backup copy of your Nabi Jr Stock Roms so I can get my little girl Nabi Jr back up and running again. I would really appreciate it.
18th May 2013, 05:25 AM   |  #9  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Portland, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 729
 
660 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowsome

Hi, I need help here. Hopefully you guys can help. I wiped the Nabi Jr system roms and now can't boot pass the Nabi logo. I Thought I had made a backup of it when I backup all the app, but it looks like I didn't. Been looking around and haven't found stock roms. So I'm hoping some of you Nabi Jr owners can help me out with backup copy of your Nabi Jr Stock Roms so I can get my little girl Nabi Jr back up and running again. I would really appreciate it.

I'd ask Eric from the post above yours. He helped test out the TWRP I made for it since I don't have a JR, and he is really good about backing stuff up. I don't think the JR is as popular to mod so probably not many backups out there but someone will come to the rescue I'm sure.
18th May 2013, 08:24 PM   |  #10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by aicjofs

I'd ask Eric from the post above yours. He helped test out the TWRP I made for it since I don't have a JR, and he is really good about backing stuff up. I don't think the JR is as popular to mod so probably not many backups out there but someone will come to the rescue I'm sure.

If you can that would be great.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes