Galaxy S3 i9300 Unbrick [restore to stock rom] [noobs][easy]

Search This thread

TechMasta

Mar 4, 2013
Hi guys! This is a noob-proof guide on how to flash stock samsung firmware on your i9300. Whether you have bricked it or just want the stock firmware back. Here's how to do it (detailed explaination)

WARNING! : This is only for the GT i9300 (international version) , Check your device before proceeding. Also you might lose all your data. So backup! i am not responsible if you brick your phone(although very unlikely) by not following the guide properly

Also you will lose your custom recovery, Custom ROM and will not longer have root

Ok lets begin!

1. Make sure you have the samsung drivers installed on your pc (http://bit.ly/SDaIIE)
2. Your device should have at least 80% battery left
3. Enable USB Debugging by going to Settings>Developer Options>Tick the Usb debugging tick box!

Files needed :

1. Android 4.1.2 I9300XXEMC3 for Galaxy S3 I9300 - http://www.hotfile.com/dl/202240205/4dcf384/I9300XXEMC3_I9300NEEEMC1_NEE.zip.html
2. Odin 3.07 - http://bit.ly/16aRzF4

Extract The firmware Zip file until you get a file with a .tar extension and some other files. Do not extract furthur
Extract odin zip file till you get Odin3 v3.07.exe

Now here comes the actual flashing part

1. Power off your smartphone. Wait 5-6 seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off.

2. Now, get into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power button simultaneously until Samsung Galaxy logo appears in phone screen. Wait few seconds and your phone will be in download mode.

3.Open odin as administrator and connect your s3 to your computer with usb cable

4. You will get a message "Added" in the message box in odin and You should also see COM port with a number in Yellow if you successfully added your device.

if you don't get this , try another usb port.. if it still doesn't come , reinstall drivers.

5. Select these files from I9300XXEMC3 folder in Odin at respective buttons:

Click the PDA Button, and select the .tar.md5 file here with *code* appearing in its name
Click the Phone Button, and select file with *modem* in its name (leave if there is no such file)
Click the CSC Button, and select file with *csc* in its name (leave if there is no such file)
Click the PIT Button, and select the .pit file. Use only if you got it while extracting , otherwise ignore it.

6. make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected. Also, make sure that Re-Partition checkbox is selected, only if you are using a .pit file

7. Double check everything above and hit start!

8. once flashing is complete the phone will reboot automatically and soon you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. You can then unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.

After completing these steps, Make sure to wipe the cache and do a factory reset in clockworkmod recovery if you do happen to find yourself in a bootloop (phone rebooting continuously) Or just do it anyways to prevent a bootloop from occurring.

congrats! , you have just restored your i9300!

If this has helped you make sure to hit the thanks button! :cowboy:

Last edited:

Bad_boy46

Mar 12, 2013
Deleted OS

Please Help me this is important i had Galaxy s3 cyanogen mod 10.1 and i wanted to get back to stoke firmware i get to CWM and i did this:
wiped cash
wiped divlyk
format system
format data
actually i format the phone to Zero i tried to flash stoke firmware with odin but it's not installing it get to NAND Write Start!!
and stop please help me !!!!

amit3880

Feb 28, 2013
Pune
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi Mi Max 2
Great simple procedure.. it seems as I never tried... I entered Android world recently..

Just wanted to know few things..

I bought S3 with ICS. upgraded to 4.1.2 but I feels some lagging after upgrade.

So questions are :

1. Can I get back to ICS without voiding my warranty?
2. Can I use this method to install 4.1.2 which may have no lagging issues.?

Help much appreciated..!

Thank you in advance..!

worf_1977

Jul 28, 2011
Barcelona
Please Help me this is important i had Galaxy s3 cyanogen mod 10.1 and i wanted to get back to stoke firmware i get to CWM and i did this:
wiped cash
wiped divlyk
format system
format data
actually i format the phone to Zero i tried to flash stoke firmware with odin but it's not installing it get to NAND Write Start!!

Make sure you don't attach the USB cable into a hub.

Sent from Hell thanks to Android

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

Great simple procedure.. it seems as I never tried... I entered Android world recently..

So questions are :

Help much appreciated..!

Thank you in advance..!

Yes and no... You must reformat partitions and upload an ICS bootloader. Not for the regular user i'm afraid ;)

Reactions: amit3880

TechMasta

Mar 4, 2013

So questions are :

Help much appreciated..!

Thank you in advance..!

Yup you can use this method to restore to ICS...

Download ICS Firmware - Click here

Now flash this firmware...

Hit Thanks if i helped :cowboy:

Last edited:

TechMasta

Mar 4, 2013
wiped cash
wiped divlyk
format system
format data

This normally happens when the partitions on the embedded multi media card gets corrupted for whatever reason, also known as the emmc.

The phone can be revived by flashing a pit file to repartition the emmc in order so it can be written to.

Download and unzip this file and you will have a .pit file which you put in the tab marked PIT in Odin

GT-I9300_mx_20120220.pit = Galaxy S3 of 16 Gb
GT-I9300_mx_20120322.pit = Galaxy S3 of 32 Gb
GT-I9300_mx_20120329.pit = Galaxy S3 of 64 Gb

(Just google the one that you need and download it)

Next make sure > r partition, f /reset, and auto reboot are ticked in options in Odin.

Next put the stock rom in the tab marked PDA, if flashing a custom rom then flash a rooted kernel first in PDA together with the pit file, hit start and start the flashing process, afterwards this will also give you the option of flashing the rom from recovery, next, flash the custom rom from Odin or from recovery

When finished the phone should reboot and start up. :D

Hit the thanks button if i helped :cowboy:

Bad_boy46

Mar 12, 2013
This normally happens when the partitions on the embedded multi media card gets corrupted for whatever reason, also known as the emmc.

The phone can be revived by flashing a pit file to repartition the emmc in order so it can be written to.

Download and unzip this file and you will have a .pit file which you put in the tab marked PIT in Odin

Next make sure > r partition, f /reset, and auto reboot are ticked in options in Odin.

Next put the stock rom in the tab marked PDA, if flashing a custom rom then flash a rooted kernel first in PDA together with the pit file, hit start and start the flashing process, afterwards this will also give you the option of flashing the rom from recovery, next, flash the custom rom from Odin or from recovery

Thanks my friend But it still have the same problem It's get to NAND Write Start!!! and on my s3 the blue line in download mod freeze i still can get to CWM i tried to install cyanogen mod rom Zip file but it's not booting please any Other ideas

TechMasta

Mar 4, 2013
Thanks my friend But it still have the same problem It's get to NAND Write Start!!! and on my s3 the blue line in download mod freeze i still can get to CWM i tried to install cyanogen mod rom Zip file but it's not booting please any Other ideas

Try Re-partitioning your phone.. Put the .pit file in the repartition section , Tick that re-partition checkbox in odin and hit start.. after re-partition try to flash the .tar file again :good:

Hit thanks if i helped

Last edited:

worf_1977

Jul 28, 2011
Barcelona
If it is an official ROM package, it shouldn't trigger yellow triangle.

Even in that case, you can use Triangle Away app from Chainfire and see how it comes to zero ;)

Glebun

Jun 6, 2010
Kyiv
it doesn't matter if you can do it - it's as useless as changing the wallpaper before flashing

Bad_boy46

Mar 12, 2013
Try Re-partitioning your phone.. Put the .pit file in the repartition section , Tick that re-partition checkbox in odin and hit start.. after re-partition try to flash the .tar file again :good:

Hit thanks if i helped

i did flash the GT-I9300_mx_20120220.pit file but same problem but when i flash it the CWM goes from the phone so i tried to flash the cf-root file but it stop at NAND write start!!! so i flashed the mx.pit file and after that i tried to flash the cf-root file and i managed to flash it and my custom binary Counter Increases but when i try for the firmware it get stuck in NAND write start!!! (im GONE crazy)

Jay Ssj

May 9, 2012
I don't know much of what you two talked about because i am a noob too. You should make a topic about it man!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys! This is a noob-proof guide on how to flash stock samsung firmware on your i9300. Whether you have bricked it or just want the stock firmware back. Here's how to do it (detailed explaination)

WARNING! : This is only for the GT i9300 (international version) , Check your device before proceeding. Also you might lose all your data. So backup! i am not responsible if you brick your phone(although very unlikely) by not following the guide properly

Also you will lose your custom recovery, Custom ROM and will not longer have root

Ok lets begin!

1. Make sure you have the samsung drivers installed on your pc (http://bit.ly/SDaIIE)
    2. Your device should have at least 80% battery left
    3. Enable USB Debugging by going to Settings>Developer Options>Tick the Usb debugging tick box!

Files needed :

1. Android 4.1.2 I9300XXEMC3 for Galaxy S3 I9300 - http://www.hotfile.com/dl/202240205/4dcf384/I9300XXEMC3_I9300NEEEMC1_NEE.zip.html
    2. Odin 3.07 - http://bit.ly/16aRzF4

Extract The firmware Zip file until you get a file with a .tar extension and some other files. Do not extract furthur
    Extract odin zip file till you get Odin3 v3.07.exe

Now here comes the actual flashing part

1. Power off your smartphone. Wait 5-6 seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off.

2. Now, get into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power button simultaneously until Samsung Galaxy logo appears in phone screen. Wait few seconds and your phone will be in download mode.

3.Open odin as administrator and connect your s3 to your computer with usb cable

4. You will get a message "Added" in the message box in odin and You should also see COM port with a number in Yellow if you successfully added your device.

if you don't get this , try another usb port.. if it still doesn't come , reinstall drivers.

5. Select these files from I9300XXEMC3 folder in Odin at respective buttons:

Click the PDA Button, and select the .tar.md5 file here with *code* appearing in its name
    Click the Phone Button, and select file with *modem* in its name (leave if there is no such file)
    Click the CSC Button, and select file with *csc* in its name (leave if there is no such file)
    Click the PIT Button, and select the .pit file. Use only if you got it while extracting , otherwise ignore it.

6. make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected. Also, make sure that Re-Partition checkbox is selected, only if you are using a .pit file

7. Double check everything above and hit start!

8. once flashing is complete the phone will reboot automatically and soon you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. You can then unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.

After completing these steps, Make sure to wipe the cache and do a factory reset in clockworkmod recovery if you do happen to find yourself in a bootloop (phone rebooting continuously) Or just do it anyways to prevent a bootloop from occurring.

congrats! , you have just restored your i9300!

If this has helped you make sure to hit the thanks button! :cowboy:
    wiped cash
    wiped divlyk
    format system
    format data

plz update the links, i m desparate as i have bricked my phone

This will work just the same - I9300XXEMH2 (4.1.2) : Stock GT-I9300 Rom

So questions are :

Help much appreciated..!

Thank you in advance..!

Yup you can use this method to restore to ICS...

Download ICS Firmware - Click here

Now flash this firmware...

Hit Thanks if i helped :cowboy:
    should be in General